WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Lisa-glad you are able to sleep. Very glad you got things straightened out with VA. I currently am on a task for for streaming government and increasing efficiencies. Major topic-share information between groups so people don't veto jump through unnecessary hoops.

Allie-glad to hear things settled a bit. Curious if they got Carmine into any therapy while starting transition process? It is my understanding (especially if they are looking at surgical modifications) that it is required. I think as a parent I could use help adjusting. Nice to know someone was honest enough to urn in your phone.

Julie-do hope your mood improves.

Terri-technology is great until t isn't!

Got through to podiatrist today-have an appointment for Friday morning. I remember my mom always having pain with her feet, but she worked on them for years (restaurant work). I'm hoping I can get orthotics or some other non-invasive means of providing relief (other than not walking.) Need to fill out paperwork to submit through their portal.

Welcome to the new ladies.

Ginny in Ohio

Thank you GINNY! much better today. in "my café" the other day the manager said you don't look very happy or upbeat or something. this is very acceptable and caring thing to say. we chat a lot, and I THINK in France on average it's more okay to say when one or the other is not in top form than in the usa. (insert long cultural discussion here, w pros and cons of cultural differences on both sides :D ). I was partly tired do to increase of work and tension, (some pressure on something) and partly discouraged due to some news. (long story). I knew that defeated feeling would likely pass with a few days of less intense work and time to digest and work with stuff.

FEET AND LOWER LIMBS
    I was to have to go do podiatrist for a long time, but it's hard to get to all the dr's appointments required after a certain age. It's not screaming at me at present so it's on the back burner.
    Maybe you wrote it some pages back. Do you know what your foot issue is?
    A few years back I had suspected but not confirmed, Morton's neuroma. I stopped jogging and have been more wearing "serious shoes" (before I could wear flip flops or greek sandals for hours, days, weeks, months), and keeping long walks to a few hours at most (also do to knee thing) and my limbs have been keeping reasonably quiet- actually the knee always acts up lightly first, so the foot doesn't have a chance to...

My dad spoke of having "diabetic feet" (type 2 w insulin from about age 60 due not to great overweight but a diet extremely high in proportion of sugar and processed foods) and later gout.
    Both my parents had canes, my mom at 41 after a major complex break in a lower joint and my dad at 65 after a jump in sports, so I'm very protective of my lower limbs and maintaining walking ability.
    I'm sure running and dance with lots of jumping and some over use in high sports activity didn't help, but I'm working with what I have now.

HEATHER

thanks for the suggestion for just simple tracking calories not food.
    I find the MFP tracking very long on my computer anyway (page by page for each food)
    and just logging in x calories for usual breakfast and known food makes it more manageable. kitchen scale batteries dead. have to buy some.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    @Luannelizabeth thanks for the foot tip!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    PIP, I agree with you. Better to know.
    I can understand th flip side, wanting to wait for an appointment so a dr can explain it fully answer questions, and also to to leave people who are very alone with a simple 1 minute call and no conversation with anyone for days or weeks, but I'm with you on this one.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    <3Barbara, sorry about your knee. I know how frustrating it is for you to be sidelined from all your activity.

<3Pip, waiting for test results is frustrating and scary. It sounds like you are staying busy while you wait.

:)Kelly, I love all your leprechaun activities.

:) Jake's cardiologist wants him to have some tests on his heart. Fortunately they can be done locally rather than having to travel over an hour to where the doctor's practice is.

:) We had enough rain yesterday that I stayed in and didn't work on my project of digging out the lavender along the driveway. I watched tv while riding my exercise bike and knitting. The rain didn't interfere with walking the dogs and taking my evening walk.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    So busy this week!!

Last couple nights I've had about 6 hours of sleep because I've been that busy with work and personal stuff. Lots of meetings and tight deadlines. It's almost 10 pm and I think I've got most things ready for 2 important meetings tomorrow.

Machka in Oz

I am utterly exhausted! Today was so stressful. By mid afternoon, I could hardly put two thoughts together. It's almost like being back in university again!!!

We are planning a quiet weekend: working in the garden, cycling, walking, sleeping, colouring and not really going anywhere.

Noticed our local fuel place selling fuel for $2.27/litre now.
    My father provided me with the following formula which is more accurate than my previous one.
    $2.27 x 3.788 x 0.73 = $6.28 US/Gal US

All the more reason to stay put and not drive very far.

Machka in Oz

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    cattherien wrote: »
    Today: Home from work, had some lunch, I need to go out and do yard cleanup. I definitely don't wanna. Ugh. Sticks and leaves aren't nearly as much fun as seeds, bulbs and flower 6-packs. But, if I do the former, tonight I'll go to the home improvement store and reward myself with the latter. Beautiful spring day in Central Illinois, 70 degrees today. But rain tomorrow, up to half an inch, and those leaves will make a big mess if I don't get them up. Plus we're likely to have one or two snows before spring is fully engaged.

Charlene in Peoria, IL

For some reason, I prefer raking and digging and preparing the area for planting more than planting. I like when flowers come up but I tend to be lazy about planting seeds. This past summer, I just poured out seeds into my hand and threw them onto the garden bed, then tossed soil over them. I didn't get a great result but did discover I love Phlox and will plant them again when I can find more seeds.

Right now I'm in the early design stages of putting in a dry stream. I've taken over one of the largest beds in the yard and filling it with flowers is a challenge. So I want to run a dry stream through it to take up some of the space. I started building the high end of the dry stream but decided to move it forward slightly so I can put lavender behind it. So I'll have to rebuild it. That might be one of tomorrow's jobs. Then I can start laying out the stream. I need to have it in place by May so I can plant bulbs.

Machka in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies...
    Nothing new to report...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
    Rr
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Katla, I am so glad you were able to get into the doctor and found one you liked!

So darling Rebecca! Cute stuff.

Pip, I feel for you. Don't know what else to say. Haven't been in your position, but I feel for you. I'd be a "JUST TELL ME" kinda gal too.

OMG Michele, I haven't heard Tfal in eons! HATED that stuff. What a crock. Never worked. Good luck with the pool.

Had a wonderful corned beef and cabbage dinner last night and the grands loved it! Go figure!

Carla in MN
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Rita hugs to you and best wishes for progress with your son.

I did 58 mins of yoga, eight mins of elliptical, and six mins of marching. Yay! My crow pose is getting ever so slightly closer to a balance. I still need stronger wrists.

Today's errands include more grocery shopping and dyeing my hair before my sister comes late tonight. I left my hair for the last minute, and I know better. Yet still I am relaxing after my exercise. Procrastination!

Annie in Delaware
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Good day to all. I missed a few days. Spending some time in Phoenix with friends/family. It’s gorgeous weather here, but their pool is still a bit too chilly for me to jump in without a wetsuit.

When I drove here, I had half a tank of gas. I wanted to see if the prices were less in Arizona, so waited till crossing the state line. Yep. I paid $1 less per gallon. I will fill up there again before crossing the state line on the way back. Honestly, though, gas prices are the least of my worries and even if I wait, it will be about $6 difference. I won't need gas after this trip for months.

Kelly-I love, love, love how much effort you put into entertaining your daycare kids. You are incredibly creative and it’s obvious that you love caring for those little ones.

Katla-Glad your DH got to see the doctor. Hope he’s on the mend.

Barbie-Good thoughts sent your way for Jake.

Pip-Good thoughts to you too on the results. I hate how they make you wait. I look at it like, if it were cancerous and urgent, the doc would have called you already. But, I’m no doctor and I’m sure they have processes they have to follow. Hang in there. The 23rd isn’t far away.

Rebecca-I admire how your son “dad’s.” It’s obvious he loves that little girl to the moon and back.

Allie-It sounds like things are “cooling” with Carmine. That’s good. Glad you got your phone. I think people are generally honest. It’s just a relatively few bad ones that make us lose faith and trust.

Machka-You sound busier than ever.

Luanne-Thanks for the book recommendation about pressure points. I will see if that helps my knee.

Carol-I love that you painted clovers on the kids. I hated being pinched (still do), so now I have a green pair of pants and a shamrock t-shirt that I wear if I go out on St. Patrick’s Day. I look like a leprechaun. No one better get near me with pinching fingers.

Debbie-Glad you are on the mend.

Vicki-So sorry Jake is having trouble.

Have a great day!

Tina - Currently in AZ
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    TGIF for all who are working and doing the best they can. I hope for needed rest for those who need it. 🌹

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,525 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Good day to all. I missed a few days. Spending some time in Phoenix with friends/family. It’s gorgeous weather here, but their pool is still a bit too chilly for me to jump in without a wetsuit.

When I drove here, I had half a tank of gas. I wanted to see if the prices were less in Arizona, so waited till crossing the state line. Yep. I paid $1 less per gallon. I will fill up there again before crossing the state line on the way back. Honestly, though, gas prices are the least of my worries and even if I wait, it will be about $6 difference. I won't need gas after this trip for months.

Kelly-I love, love, love how much effort you put into entertaining your daycare kids. You are incredibly creative and it’s obvious that you love caring for those little ones.

Katla-Glad your DH got to see the doctor. Hope he’s on the mend.

Barbie-Good thoughts sent your way for Jake.

Pip-Good thoughts to you too on the results. I hate how they make you wait. I look at it like, if it were cancerous and urgent, the doc would have called you already. But, I’m no doctor and I’m sure they have processes they have to follow. Hang in there. The 23rd isn’t far away.

Rebecca-I admire how your son “dad’s.” It’s obvious he loves that little girl to the moon and back.

Allie-It sounds like things are “cooling” with Carmine. That’s good. Glad you got your phone. I think people are generally honest. It’s just a relatively few bad ones that make us lose faith and trust.

Machka-You sound busier than ever.

Luanne-Thanks for the book recommendation about pressure points. I will see if that helps my knee.

Carol-I love that you painted clovers on the kids. I hated being pinched (still do), so now I have a green pair of pants and a shamrock t-shirt that I wear if I go out on St. Patrick’s Day. I look like a leprechaun. No one better get near me with pinching fingers.

Debbie-Glad you are on the mend.

Vicki-So sorry Jake is having trouble.

Have a great day!

Tina - Currently in AZ

Its really endearing.💖. Definitely a Daddy's girl. My daughter in law is great and all, but when she comes home from work, Athena does not particularly run to her, as she does with her dad if he's been away. I think for the most part, my son is just more confident. When I visited once when Athena was small, my son mentioned to me that his wife wasn't confident to take Athena out into the world by herself. It was always with him and her. I find that so strange, because the moment I could put my sons in a carrier, or stroller, I was out walking, or riding the bus somewhere! I think Athena has picked up on that. But yep, my son seems to be always doing something regarding art, or science. He has grow pans in the house, with tomatoes, and herbs. The kind that just uses water and special lights. Then the terrarium thing, and a bit ago had both Athena and her momma painting wooden boats. I am constantly impressed by how he fathers.👍💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa