WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    We’ve had a family discussion about medic alert bracelets, and it has been valuable. DH, for example, has had a medic alert bracelet for years but hasn’t used it in a long while. That may be changing. He may need a new one that is more up to date. I hope he will consider it.

Just get it!

If you look on the Medic Alert site (or whatever you've got in your area), you'll see that they've got key chains and all sorts of things onto which info can be placed. At the very least, you can get a wallet card. My husband and I both have that and we both have cards on the fridge with info. I have a key chain attached to my backpack and my husband wears a bracelet. He's actually got a few of them so he will change them out for occasions.

I hope your daughter can organise that for both of you.

M in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, CI<CO.
    Bonus: veg prep,37 mins grooming Tumble, 22 mins filing/decluttering, progress on taxes, prepped tunic for return. Just one thing: bupkes
    Workin’ on it: 140.9:astonished:, H20x5, active 3:13
    Mindful March
    19: Appreciate nature around you wherever you are. Oh the wind!
    20: Focus on what makes you and others happy today. Dayofhappiness.net

Down 3+ lbs this morning, thankful to fiber and probiotics ;) Knee still unstable so Joe’s taking dogs down to powerline. As I am more and more confined, he’s getting more active. He actually walked all the way to the mailbox this morning, over a mile round trip, long walk for him. Did make progress on the piles, and taxes, something to feel good about.

Luannelizabeth, 4 miles and yard work? Well done! You sound like Barbie ;)
    Welcome @MilwJul! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Barbie, I’d never heard of that medical info in the fridge before. Putting this https://911ready.org/medical_data.htm on my to dolist after taxes and minutes.
    Terri :love: …:gotta answer that call!”
    Karen, what an imp that Phoenix is, and what a love the miraclulous Olivia. :heart:
    Rita my heart lifted when I read that your son wants you to call again next week. Thanks for letting us know.
    Likewise Katla your news that DH is starting to feel better made a big sigh of relief. Prayers for a productive Dr’s appointment.
    Tracey that is incredibly frustrating. Any idea why your mgr doesn’t “get” that document? Can you walk her through what she needs to do with it? 10 times? You are WAY more patient than I could ever be.
    Rebecca such a good mama to raise such observant and caring sons. Wish your youngest would recall his younger self and give you a call :cry:
    Debbie you’ve been sick an unusually long time, any plans to see your Dr?
    Machka delighted to hear they’ve stopped trying to push your DH back to work. How many sections/tribunals? :love: your therapeputic digging, look forward to pics of the shifted stream bed.

Time to go to bed without putting anything more in my mouth!

Later, Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Indoor cycling this evening. It was all right earlier when I was digging in the garden, but started to drizzle. I also lifted weights between digging in the garden and cycling.

02ftxulpjrss.png

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I'm a "contact" for someone who had COVID. I was an hour with someone Tuesday in a small room about 1 meter apart (not more), not eating... she tested negative 2 days later, then positive yesterday evening. I just read it on sms this morning.
    I think with OMICRON it's very contagious and there's a good chance that I got it. I was under the weather and so go a free antigenic test yesterday at the pharmacy. Negative.
    I have to go get a test tomorrow.
    Not sure if I should put my classes online tomorrow while waiting for results.
    I definitely can and should. it's just that many of the students have classes before and after at school so might have a hard time being online...some are presenting work...
    Got food yesterday...

The rule here in my case (vaxed moderate risk of contagion) is to not isolate but to wear a mask inside and outside (until declared negative at least) and work from a distance if possible.

Notified a friend I dined with on Friday as he's seeing his elderly parents today...

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
    Bbb
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Nothing new to report... cloudy today.. will do some laundry today and watch cooking shows this morning..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
    Cc
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    Options
    Lisa - Oops! Just shows that we can never know what goes on inside other people's heads. They are a mystery and our assumptions are often wrong. We have to be our own best advocates. It is likely she is entitled to half of everything. She would be in UK law. :o ???

I'm in Mallorca in my head at the moment as 'our' ship is docked in Palma. :p I've been reading up on places I would like to visit. We did spend five happy days actually in Palma, which is lovely. DH has had a couple of holidays there, in the countryside. I would love to see Chopin and George Sand's lodging in the monastery, and Robert Graves's House in Deia. Another time. :)

Off to row and watch Netflix.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Just Chilling after lunch. We are going to Skype with the family later on this afternoon but in the meantime I’m off out into the garden again.

Lisa: Just goes to show that you can never be sure what people are up to behind your back. It’s one of the reasons why I’ve told my daughters that they should always look after themselves no matter what.
    Allie: You’re such a good parent to that daughter of yours. I’m sure she appreciates all you do, and the chest freezer will be really useful.
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) The container in the refrigerator plan was originated by the 911 responders in my county. They provided the containers and a list of what information to provide and stickers to put on your doors to let the paramedics know that the info is available. That's why they know to look in the refrigerator. An important point for everyone is to be that such information is available and up to date 🌞😸
    The ambulance service did the same in Britain, and provided the containers. We also have an ICE scheme (In Case of Emergency) on our mobile phones. However, I don’t see how that works, since most people have phone locks on their mobiles.

We keep our documents etc in a fireproof safe in our wardrobe. It’s not locked so girls have access.

☘️ Terri
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Pip, that logging streak is impressive! Wowzer! :D

Lisa, I knew you were a mother tiger...

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    sleepy...
    don't know if it's covid and should give in to rest
    or
    mild laziness to resist...
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,936 Member
    Options
    B)<3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,012 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    weighed for the first time in two weeks(sick for two weeks and didn't track or weigh) and finally the scale moved. down 3.3lbs in two weeks. I will start tracking again today.
    Still not feeling great- will continue the 3-4 breathing treatments every day for at least another week.
    Going to try and go to Zumba tomorrow night- missed it the last two weeks. Won't push it though.

Katla- I hope your dh will start wearing his bracelet- my parents, had/have them and it was very helpful for mom when dad had his two episodes(second one when he colapsed and passed away) They live 10 miles from town so having them on the speaker to talk her through what she needed to do was very helpful.

Barbara-thanks for your thoughts- If I am not a lot better in another week I will contact the doctor but this is how long it usually takes for me to get the asthma under control when it gets bad. The cold symptoms are almost all gone, it is just the heavy feeling/wheezing/coughing that I am still dealing with. I have enough meds for me to get through this(had an extra refill to have on hand)

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,525 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- my girls were friendly that way too. It was sweet and concerning all at the same time.

Machka - I hope there is an end in sight soon.

It’s 4 years now isn’t it?

Tracey

My eldest son when he was about 3 yrs old, we taught him a song:
    "My name is Galen
    This is my address
    Keku tower, Atugi base
    9th floor, apartment H"
    It made me feel better knowing if, God forbid, he and I got separated either getting on or off a train, he could get home. Of course he sang that song to everybody! 😂😂
    Rebecca
    Whidbey

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,525 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, CI<CO.
    Bonus: veg prep,37 mins grooming Tumble, 22 mins filing/decluttering, progress on taxes, prepped tunic for return. Just one thing: bupkes
    Workin’ on it: 140.9:astonished:, H20x5, active 3:13
    Mindful March
    19: Appreciate nature around you wherever you are. Oh the wind!
    20: Focus on what makes you and others happy today. Dayofhappiness.net

Down 3+ lbs this morning, thankful to fiber and probiotics ;) Knee still unstable so Joe’s taking dogs down to powerline. As I am more and more confined, he’s getting more active. He actually walked all the way to the mailbox this morning, over a mile round trip, long walk for him. Did make progress on the piles, and taxes, something to feel good about.

Luannelizabeth, 4 miles and yard work? Well done! You sound like Barbie ;)
    Welcome @MilwJul! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Barbie, I’d never heard of that medical info in the fridge before. Putting this https://911ready.org/medical_data.htm on my to dolist after taxes and minutes.
    Terri :love: …:gotta answer that call!”
    Karen, what an imp that Phoenix is, and what a love the miraclulous Olivia. :heart:
    Rita my heart lifted when I read that your son wants you to call again next week. Thanks for letting us know.
    Likewise Katla your news that DH is starting to feel better made a big sigh of relief. Prayers for a productive Dr’s appointment.
    Tracey that is incredibly frustrating. Any idea why your mgr doesn’t “get” that document? Can you walk her through what she needs to do with it? 10 times? You are WAY more patient than I could ever be.
    Rebecca such a good mama to raise such observant and caring sons. Wish your youngest would recall his younger self and give you a call :cry:
    Debbie you’ve been sick an unusually long time, any plans to see your Dr?
    Machka delighted to hear they’ve stopped trying to push your DH back to work. How many sections/tribunals? :love: your therapeputic digging, look forward to pics of the shifted stream bed.

Time to go to bed without putting anything more in my mouth!

Later, Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

I am hoping his CMC will either put the fear of God into him and he connects, or at least realizes that he love him unconditionally. The *kitten* should hit the fan fairly soon either way.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa