Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Sara. I am getting close.
    Lana, where will your cruise go? Can't wait to hear more.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,838 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    flnhf7p51wa2.png
    *** March 20 ***

Happy Sunday all~~

Maureen - welcome back! I am so glad to see you. Losing a mother is unlike anyone else; mine passed December 2015, and I am still caught by waves of grief. Someone once wrote that grief is love with nowhere to go, and that feels true for me.
    On a happy note, tell us about the supper you will be getting soon. Please post a photo of Skye when you have some time.
    Big hugs~~

Sara - refreshed hair color always makes me happy - good for you!

In a previous attempt, I wrote a paragraph about my cruise, but it got lost when I hit save comment. *KITTEN* No time to re-do it now......

I must scoot to catch a 9AM train out to Long Island to visit my dear old friend living with brain cancer. Thinking of her always gives me pause.

Lana

262.6 today
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Lana, so good to "see" you again. Here's a pic of Skye and then one of the puppy coming around 4/01/22. I don't have a name for him--I hope I'll know his name when I see him.

Grief is definitely love with nowhere to land. I miss both my parents so much, and I expect I always will. I'm lucky to have 3 children and 4 siblings to love.

I got off to a good start yesterday with logging, and did my first strength and flexibility routines today. I have a long way to go in both areas, but ultimately I will be able to jog with fewer injuries and keep moving--God willing--for many years to come.

Maureen
    SW: 184
    CW: 183
    GW: 150

m1ql2ylw9xpc.jpg

8atqxmqdl1vx.jpg

• missionalman
    missionalman Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Weigh in today: 306.1 lbs - .2 lbs until my march goal is in the bag!

I've been busy with schoolwork - I forgot my workout yesterday. Been trying to get one in every day, even if it's just some chair yoga. Can't wait until the sidewalks are better - I want to get outside and walk!

Lana -be careful about that injury! And enjoy your cruise!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Missionalman - Congratulations on having your March goal in hand. That is great!!

Maureen - Oh, that little one is adorable! What a sweet face!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Back to work tomorrow, took a nap and knew that would have me awake around 2am, so I went and put more steps on my pedometer.

Overly warm weather again means people are going to be tired of my wardrobe soon....

Baking potatoes and dishwasher are on at the same time as a time reference for the potatoes.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    mkculs13 wrote: Β»
    Lana, so good to "see" you again. Here's a pic of Skye and then one of the puppy coming around 4/01/22. I don't have a name for him--I hope I'll know his name when I see him.

Grief is definitely love with nowhere to land. I miss both my parents so much, and I expect I always will. I'm lucky to have 3 children and 4 siblings to love.

I got off to a good start yesterday with logging, and did my first strength and flexibility routines today. I have a long way to go in both areas, but ultimately I will be able to jog with fewer injuries and keep moving--God willing--for many years to come.

Maureen
    SW: 184
    CW: 183
    GW: 150

m1ql2ylw9xpc.jpg

8atqxmqdl1vx.jpg

Awe love the puppy pictures. They are cute πŸ₯°
  • LanaCabana537
    edited March 2022
    Options
    jgcd655sg55x.jpeg
    *** March 21 ***

Good morning all~~

I need to re-arrange my thinking today and get myself out of a bad, sad mood---and not use food to do it!

Hi Missy! πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Sara - I'm surprised that you are back at work today. Why did I think that you had another week? Time is flying too quickly.

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later* 🏝

Lana

260.2 today
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!

@mkculs13 I love the puppy pics!! So cute!!

I've been doing good. I stayed within my calories for the last few days and have lost. Feeling in control and good. I didn't work out the last couple days because I was working 12s so there's no time for exercise haha. Then Friday I was hungover so I didn't end up going. But I went 5x last week! Pretty proud about that. Going to go today and take my dog for a walk.

I'm going to Vancouver Island this week to visit my step dad. I've never travelled that far with my dog before so I'm a little nervous for the journey. It'll be an adventure, that's for sure. Going to pack and get all ready today.

I hope everyone has a good Monday!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Strong winds blowing all kinds of dust and pollen are adding to the work headache. Just is.

Coworker asked me if I was tempted to stay out longer and I said that without a winning Lottery Ticket or a Sugar Daddy - that is not possible.

Reading and knitting and that will be enough tonight.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    x5g73znkz0br.jpeg
    *** March 22 ***

Jordanna - I bet that you walk many miles in those 12-hour shifts. How old is Max now? Have a great trip out to see your step dad!

Sara - I hope that the winds die down out there!

Waving to Tracy and Missy and Sherry and Missionalman and Melanie and anyone else who pops by today πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana

261.2 today
  • mkculs13
    Options
    @ladychr0nic, thanks. I'm doing ok--not logging regularly yet, but getting there. Down a couple lbs that was due to water weight from the types of foods I ate when my sons were visiting. Well worth the few days of "gain."
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Cabana Crew,

Saw something on Facebook this morning that has inspired me today. "Go 24 hours without complaining and see how your life changes." I intend to face today with enthusiasm and positivity.

Counting down to Moose Convention. My vacation starts in 7 days! Will be away from work March 29-April 5. On the 29th and 30th, I plan to take full advantage of my new annual membership to a local museum. We leave for the Convention on the 31st and will return on the 3rd.

We will have a fundraiser at the convention on April 2nd. I came up with the idea to have a man-less Stud Strut. (We've done Womanless beauty reviews to death.) My group will be dressed as the Village People and dance to YMCA, but we changed the words to MOOSE instead. It will be hilarious!

Wishing everyone a beautiful day!

Tracy in Tennessee
  • ladychr0nic
    Options
    x5g73znkz0br.jpeg
    *** March 22 ***

Jordanna - I bet that you walk many miles in those 12-hour shifts. How old is Max now? Have a great trip out to see your step dad!

Sara - I hope that the winds die down out there!

Waving to Tracy and Missy and Sherry and Missionalman and Melanie and anyone else who pops by today πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana

261.2 today

Yes, I definitely close my move ring and my stand ring on my watch at work. Get usually about 15k steps. Max is 1 and a half now! I'm excited for our journey today. I think he'll do great. I bought him some big bones, and put a kong full of peanut butter in the freezer for him to naw on. He's pretty spoiled.

I'm down a little this morning! It might be hard when I'm on the island but I'm still going to try and track everything. We are going to go for multiple long walks a day, so I know I'll get my exercise in.

I hope everyone is doing well!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Scale has been steady which is an improvement on straight up.

Lana when do you leave? I see your #s are coming down.

Lady at work who runs the cafe baked a Korean sweet potato for me. Purple outside and green inside. Very good and when I asked where she got it she said L.A. -oh well nice to know anyway and it was a nice new thing to try.

Tomorrow is toes day and since I waited 5 months to see pedicurist it is a good thing to keep on schedule.

• LanaCabana537
    edited March 2022
    Options
    sxniiwrdggu7.jpeg
    *** March 23 ***

Good morning all~~

Tracy - That is a great notion which I've seen before - what happens to your life when you lessen complaining. A Buddhist teacher I follow suggests that we say "Ah, this is how it is right now". I find it is helpful.
    Your schedule sounds very exciting, and your idea for the fundraiser sounds hilarious indeed! We'd love to see a photo or two later on!

Jordanna - you will do fine on your trip, especially with the walking!

Sara - Happy Toes Day! *wiggle, wiggle*
    That sweet potato sounds so cool!

My cruise is from Saturday the 26th to the following Sunday April 3rd. It is not going anywhere exotic, which is good because I won't be able to get off of the ship because my achilles tendon is really bad. From what I've learned, it is not serious, just in need of rest. I see my doctor one day after I get home.
    I'm going on Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas, a ship I love. It's old and small and beautiful.

I did learn yesterday why it had been so hard for me to book a hotel in Miami the day before: It's Spring Break!....and the kids are so wild in Miami that the mayor has put a nighttime curfew in place.
    Yikes!! I'm grateful I am staying a tad south on Friday, in Coral Gables. Whew.

Waving to Maureen and Missy and anyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana

261.2 today
    271.2 highest
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Went and got toes done. Lilac is the color for Easter.

Lunch and dinner will be baked at the same time to save on electricity and my patience. Not sure what dinner could be - something to look forwards to.

Lana - get on the ship -get foot up on a foot stool and enjoy. Glad you are going. Bad timing for Florida but hey at least you did find lodging.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - your toesies are all done up in lilac? That sounds wonderful!! Good for you πŸ’œ

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    og0lfy6x5rg2.jpeg
    *** March 24 ***

Good morning all~~

Today is packing day for me. Also I have to get that Covid test for the cruise.

BBL

Lana

261.4 today
  • ladychr0nic
    Options
    Hey!

Trip is going really well so far. Went on a 4 hour walk through the woods and on the beach yesterday. It was some of the most beautiful scenery! Logged in about 25k steps!! My dog and I were completely tuckered out. It was so great. Plus I'm eating really good. I wasn't sure if I would gain or lose this trip but I think I'll lose with how I'm doing so far. Not really strictly tracking or anything, just kind of ball park estimating everything which is fine. Hopefully I'll lose!

I hope everyone has a good day!