Labor Day Shredders!

Options

Replies

• bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    D4L2 complete! Seriously, this one is not getting easier for me! :indifferent: I hope tomorrows weigh in goes good for everyone. I peaked this morning and am up .8 pounds :grumble:
  • Becreed
    Becreed Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I had planned on starting the shred with you, but fell off track for a bit and wasn't able to get started on time. I decided to wait until the next challenge to join you rather than starting late. That being said I decided to challenge myself and am on day 5 of the shred. My question is do you ever take a day off or go 30 days without a day off?
    I have begun walking daily along with doing the shred and yesterday did a long walk yesterday along with the shred. I am beat today and wanted to take a day off, with no doubt about doing day 5 tomorrow. Is this okay?
    Thanks,
    becca
  • stefa777
    stefa777 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Okay, don't know where everyone is but.... I just finished my shred at 11p! I was so busy all day and I didn't want to go a day w/o shredding even though I jogged earlier. Guess I feel that if I skip a day I might give-up and I don't want to do that!!

Also, I bought this heart rate monitor and I don't know how accurate it is...it says Im burning like 400 calories shredding...I mean I am breaking a serious drenching sweat---way more than with level one so maybe it is right. can someone please tell me if it sounds right?? Id hate to think I've waisted my $$.
    TXS. stef

What type of HRM did you buy? I still haven't purchased one. Went to the store yesterday and looked at some, but it seemed that amazon was significantly cheaper. So I think I'm going to go that route. For now I'm just using what MFP says when I login circuit training, but am trying not to eat back all my cals. I would like to see what other people say about your question. 400 seems high, but might be true if you're working your butt off. I don't know though lol

I actually did a little experiment today- I wore two HRM's, 1 polar (-which is old but free b/c my mom gave it to me) and a New Balance that I bought on clearance for $13.

So my results were that the Polar with the strap tracked me at 130 calories less than the NB, so I have decided that the polar is probably more accurate than the NB b/c it does not have the strap.

I only burnt 316 calories but that is still better than the 280 I have been estimating.
  • kabatoff
    Options
    I missed one day this weekend... so I will be behind my one day...so I will push my weigh ins up a day as well... I was going to try to do it twice on Saturday.. but was exhausted after being at my daughter's volleyball tourny all day... a day's rest is OK.. right! I won't be punished will I? LOL...

Janet
  • stefa777
    Options
    Hi ladies! I had planned on starting the shred with you, but fell off track for a bit and wasn't able to get started on time. I decided to wait until the next challenge to join you rather than starting late. That being said I decided to challenge myself and am on day 5 of the shred. My question is do you ever take a day off or go 30 days without a day off?
    I have begun walking daily along with doing the shred and yesterday did a long walk yesterday along with the shred. I am beat today and wanted to take a day off, with no doubt about doing day 5 tomorrow. Is this okay?
    Thanks,
    becca

From my understanding this is supposed to be a 30 day straight shred without any breaks! Of course the crazy lady does reference that if you want results you dont get a break, blahhblahhblahh!! LOL she doesn't even work-out on the video!!! LOl

Butt of course if you are walking also I guess missing a day couldn't be totally bad, but I think I would do it for the 30 days just so I could see the true results!!
  • eab12191
    eab12191 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Wahoo!! After tomorrow's workout we are halfway done the 30DS!! I'm so thrilled. Level 2 still really isn't getting much easier. The oblique twists kills me I have had to take a 3-5 second break each time. The planks are still killing too! :-(
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    OK as I can see, I have a lot of reading and catching up to do. This weekend has been crazy for me. Birthday friday, sighting in rifles, & family dinner saturday, then gone to washington all day sunday. I did get my shred in and I did weigh in this morning so as soon as i get colton dropped at school and get a chance to post I will
  • eab12191
    Options
    OK as I can see, I have a lot of reading and catching up to do. This weekend has been crazy for me. Birthday friday, sighting in rifles, & family dinner saturday, then gone to washington all day sunday. I did get my shred in and I did weigh in this morning so as soon as i get colton dropped at school and get a chance to post I will

Great that you got your shred in. I thought maybe you forgot about us ;-) I think our group is dwindling down, or people may not be logging in :-(
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    Height- 5'5
    Start Weight- 149.1
    9/9 Weight-147.5
    L2 9/15 Weight- 145.9
    9/19 Weight- 146.9
    L3 9/25 Weight-
    9/28 Weight-
    10/5 End Weight-
    Total=

So for todays half way thru level 2 weigh in, I am up a bit. As always on monday weigh ins! haha

Nope I definitly did not forget about you all!!! Weekend was just madness, never fear though, I am back. As for the group dwindling down... From the last 2 round i did, I can tell you that on day 30, both round it was only me & 1 other person that completed it. That means 30 days straight not missing a single day!!!! So dont be alarmed when we get to the end and there is only 1 or 2 of us left! Thats why I said in my very first post I dont want a bunch of people agreeing to do this only to back out. Which A LOT of people do. Sorry if that sounds rude, but its just the truth.
  • steffyjomartin
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone1 I feel so terrbily bad becuase like some other Shredders on here I only did 5 days and quit HOWEVER I found my motivation and stated again on Saturday evening.

SO I did L1D1 yet again but it just didn't seem as hard when I first stated. Sundays are going to be my relax/family/laundray time so starting today until September 28th I will be doing my L1 and continue wiithout quitting this time! I am hoping that on Thursday when i weigh-in the scale will show me how hard I have been working to keep this weight off and continue to lose weight as the weeks progress!

On a side note I would love to see the 30DS challenge happen about every 3 months to see help get over that plateau or challenge yourself to see how far you have come compared to the first time you did the program!

Heads and chins up everyone you will all find your pace as each day progress' toward a leaning and HEALTHIER you!

Stefanie
  • Becreed
    Becreed Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Stefanie, thanks for the response! I did end up taking the day off. The walking/running group I joined is in prep. for a half-marathon, which I have NEVER done. I am a complete non-runner and don't want to burn myself out. So, I have decided to do 6 on and 1 off of the Shred and 4 to 5 on for the walking/running.

Good luck to all you going for 30 days straight!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • stefa777
    Options
    Okay ya'll I am in complete depression, today has been the biggest let down since I started here on MFP! I weighed-in this morning only to discover that I gained 4 pounds!!! FOUR POUNDS???? I don't understand, I have been sooo good, I had one bad day (yesterday) only & Ive been shredding ritually and to get on the scale and see a 4 pound gain has really thrown me!

I'm so embarrassed to log this, however...i will not give-up!! Ahh shredding I will go!

Day 11 weigh-in 138 lbs.
    Day 15 weigh-in 142 lbs.
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    D5L2 done. Last weigh in I was 172.4, today I'm 173.4. PLEASE scale, go back down!
  • eab12191
    Options
    I'm considering tossing my scale out b/c I only lost .4 since the last weigh in 5 days ago but I'm still up 2 lbs from like 3-4 weeks ago. So I decided I'm just going off measurements until the end of this. I can tell a difference in my shorts today so that itself is progress for me.
  • stefa777
    Options
    D5LV2 complete!! I didn't think I was going to do it but I did it, I was in bed and everything, I logged in to talk and got motivated!! Thanks everyone!!
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    Great job everyone. Try not to focus too much on the scale(however I am guilty of this) and focus more on measurements and how your clothes fit!

Oh and Erica I have a very old model of a hrm but it works wonderfully! Polar FT1 it was $50 @ fred meyers.
  • eab12191
    Options
    IMAG0967-1-1.jpg

Sweaty beast checking in! LMAO! Hope you guys don't mind me posting pics.

D5L2 complete!! So, you know what the means right? We are half way done the program!! Only downhill from here.

What do ya'll think you will do from here as far as workouts go? I just got Ripped in 30.

Kristyn-thanks I will check out the polar; I have heard really good things about them. :)
  • eab12191
    Options
    I apologize for the giant pic! I took it w/ my phone and loaded it to photobucket via an app. I will resize later if I have time!
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    GM everyone! I'm back up to 150lb, it just really is going to be a HUGE milestone when I am below 150 steady!!!!!!! level 2 is awesome and I love that it kicks my butt everytime.... and I totally love that Jillian kicks Natlie's *kitten* during the workouts to make sure she is not cheating :) IT makes me feel better :):) I have a feeling that next weigh-in I will see a huge change!!!!

~~Mimi~~

Height- 5'4
    Start Weight- 153.0
    9/9 Weight- 150.8
    L2 9/15 Weight- 149.7
    9/19 Weight- 150.0
    L3 9/25 Weight-
    9/28 Weight-
    10/5 End Weight-
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    Erica, I love the pics!!! Mimi- seems we are all fighting the scale right now :(

As for after this round of the shred, Im probably going to just work out 4 days a week till I stop nursing, then once my milk dries i plan to do another round of the shred then go get ripped in 30