Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Lower 80's today for March. Too soon to bring the sunscreen out, but you never know.

Eating the rest of my chicken breaded tenders for dinner. Had chicken pot pie soup for lunch. I may start clucking soon.

Safe travels.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,838 Member
    Options
    m6jxsh4eonr1.jpeg
    *** March 25 ***

Happy Friday All~~

Sara - That chicken pot pie soup sounds really good! Cluck away, my dear!
    80's already? Wow!

I've got to get going....what an early start!

Waving to all who stop by today.

Lana

262.4 today
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!

I've been on the island for the last few days and been having a blast. My step dad has been taking me on 4 hour hikes everyday seeing all the beautiful forests and beaches that are out here. My dog has been off leash the entire time and just having the absolute best time. It's so amazing watching him thrive.

I think I'll have a loss this week! Averaging about 25k steps a day! I'm going home today, but we are going to go on another big walk this morning to tucker my dog out before the 6 hours of travel. The ferry was booked up for the sailings that I want so now i'm going to be getting home around 10pm. I hate getting in that late. But it's better than a 6am start with no pre ferry walk. That's just not fair to Max.

I hope everyone has a good Friday!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Will plop into bed soon. Long week - and work is just wacko.

Tomorrow is getting plastic Easter eggs in a large quantity if possible. If I get really lucky I might also get to watch soccer.

• LanaCabana537
    edited March 2022
    Options
    1zjyz16sfvol.jpeg
    *** March 26 ***

Happy Saturday everyone 🌷

Sara - What are the plastic Easter eggs for? You must have a project going. Are these the hollow kind that you can open and put a surprise inside, or is it something for a big decoration? I know you are often up to some charity work or general gift-giving.
    Wishing some soccer eye-candy for you!

Jordanna - I am excited for you and all of your walking adventures - Max too! Safe travels!

Do any of you suffer from (an unrealistic) fear of being hungry? I sure do.

Yesterday I checked into my hotel and found out that there is no restaurant in the hotel. So at about 4PM I walked to a restaurant down the street. I was very hungry from not having eaten since breakfast that morning, except for junk snack on the plane.
    So I ordered chicken fettuccini alfredo because I was afraid that if I ordered a salad with chicken on it I would be hungry later in the evening at the hotel. I ate the entire plate of food that was enough for two meals, and then ordered a dessert to take back to the room. πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ When I am famished, I do not think healthy.

I could have prevented this with seriously better planning. I should have had two apples and some unsalted nuts, at the minimum, in my suitcase. I need to put this on my packing list.

Coming home in a week, I will make sure that I have at least an apple in my bag.

Thank you if you read this far.

Lana

no scale for 9 days! Holy cannoli!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Plastic eggs are to decorate. bright colorful and not a mess to clean up.

Enjoy your week. If you cannot walk you calories off at least make sure to drink your water.

No soccer until next weekend so I will just have to wait.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Sara πŸ‘‹πŸ»

I looked at my activity app, and it said I limped 2.75 miles yesterday (Sat) and 2 miles today on the ship. Not too shabby for takin' it slow and bumbling around the ship!

I have been eating reasonably, and I've been drinking only orange juice and milk in the morning and my usual black coffee and water the rest of the day. Plenty of water during the day πŸ‘πŸ»

There are not many TV stations of interest on the stateroom TV, but there is a channel that carries soccer Sara! The eye candy is very tiny on the screen though.

Internet on ship is very erratic. I will check in when I can, to help me keep myself focused on making some healthy choices.

Enjoy decorating your colorful Easter Eggs! 🐣

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    *** MONDAY March 28 ***

Chilling this morning reading my book.
    I saw only snippets on the news of strange goings on during Academy Awards ceremony last night. Yikes!
    I feel bad that it pulled focus from the winning film Coda.

I hope y’all have a good work week.

Lana
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Is anyone still in here?
  • missionalman
    missionalman Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I gained a whole bunch in water weight from eating out - eating everything on my plate, appetizer and dessert. I was stress eating a situation involving my friend and my niece. I ballooned to 314. Back down to 309.5 right now. I'm hoping that the rest of the water weight comes off by the first, I really want to be down to 306!

Getting into the meat of my studies with the Community service worker program I'm doing; it's definitely keeping me busy in front of the computer! Going to have to work at getting my exercise in.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Good evening,

I woke up to a downpour of rain late last night. Welcome sight for those of us in CA.

Passed out half of the Easter plastic eggs, will take the other container tomorrow. I wasnt sure if it was raining and I didnt want my hands so full I couldnt carry an umbrella.

Lana you keep up the good work on getting those steps. Glad you are enjoying your trip.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    77zge4zo5erp.jpeg
    *** March 29 ***

Hello All~~

Well I finally got in the pool today. I had to push myself mentally - there are tons of people on board just as big as me, but I hesitate. Well, I paddled around for 30 minutes. That got me some "activity points" as it were. It was a lot of fun, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Also, except for dinner, I hunted down healthier, low-salt options for breakfast and lunch. Ankles are much less puffy πŸ‘πŸ»

Sara - so glad that your area is getting the precious rain. Yay on the Easter Eggs!
    With your work schedule, do you still have Wednesdays off?

Missionalman - steady as she goes.....

Waves to anyone popping by later onπŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana
  • missionalman
    Options
    Went grocery shopping today - picked up a whole bunch of protein-packed fish on for half off that I popped into the freezer for another day. All the bending and lifting definitely did a number on my back though and I am taking it easy now.

Lana - Yay for pool time! Have fun!

Sara - We're getting sleet here in Manitoba!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Good evening,

I have extra eggs and I will use yarn and make a long garland (there are 2 holes in the bottom of the egg to string and it does not completely come apart.

I took it upon myself to make a "how many are in the jar?" contest for work to liven things up for Easter. Yes, I will be rotten I will have different size candies and a different shaped "jar". I am regifting a Christmas gift card I will not use...

So tomorrow I am off and will go to Walmart to buy things - also seems my alarm clock has crowed its last.

Lana - thrilled to know you ventured into the pool and are getting decent exercise.

Romance novel for me tonight.

• Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2022
    Options

Good morning,

Havent learned how to "right click" without a mouse yet, so no pictures.

Walmart was not very crowded and got most of my steps in.

Cloudy and good day for hot drinks and reading which is a decent way to spend my day off,

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Long day at work. Thursday's usually are.

Romance novel is offering some distraction.

• missionalman
    Options
    Glad you have your romance novel Sara!

It's TOM for me so I'm bloated and I've got a headache. Other than that I'm ok. (I'm trans, hence the missionalMAN).
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    fdgsgkkwufie.jpg

Here's my hotel balcony view until Sunday. We are at Pickwick Landing State Park until Sunday for the Tennessee Moose Association Midyear Conference.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    aglqyuo5p54o.jpeg
    t91pap518jib.jpeg

What a day! Friday and April Fools Day on the same day. 😁

Tracy - good for you!!!

Y'all, I am actually getting a little homesick. I've enjoyed this trip, but I'm looking forward to being at home where things, including the food, are more simple. πŸ’–

Waving to Sara and Missionalman and everyone else who stops by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Hit a key and it all went bye bye. aargh

Tracy - your view looks peaceful and walking would be nice.

MM - hope you are feeling better.

Lana enjoy your last days of cruise - things are waiting for you - so enjoy the variety!!

Low grade headache followed me all day. May have made me grumpy or was the phone calls today? Hard to know.