• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Terri - many hugs for you and your friends...

Heather - loved the pics--you definitely appeared to be the happiest one there!

I set the first washing of spring out this morning - all the whites. I do love the slight roughness and incredible scent of a towel that's been dried in the sun. Sheets too, and those are next.

Debating on how much to try to accomplish outside today. Supposed to rain tomorrow, so will have tomorrow to curl up with a book, even though it's what I want to do today!

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

line dried laundry is one thing I really can't handle- don't want anything even remotely rough touching me. I used to hate when we dried our clothes on the line.
    I have gotten worse about it over the years. If I am shopping for clothes or blankets or anything that touches my skin, I feel it first-before checking the price, seeing how cute it is, etc.
    I also have taken out all tags out of my shirts. I like the idea of tagless in my t-shirts UNTIL they get a bit rough. I found I can iron them to get them smooth again.
    The worst thing is the stiff/rough net type binding they put inside some bras on the seams. SERIOUSLY they put the roughest stuff around and put in on the most sensitive part of the body.
    I do not buy clothes online anymore at all- I have to see/feel them first.
    My favorite thing I am doing now is sleeping on one of those super soft blankets from Kohl's with a Sherpa blanket from there on me- feels better than the flannel sheets even. Those were nice when we first bought them and still not bad, but not like sherpa ;)

I don't mind rough towels because my back is often itchy and I can get a good scratch with a towel.

But I'm with you on everything else. And I have to sleep on the smoothest cotton sheets I can find. Any sort of blanket is too rough for my skin ... or makes me itchy.

And you're right about bras ... I wear sports bras when I exercise but when I go to buy a new one they're often so rough. I can't imagine how people wear them for exercise.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Haven't hung clothes outside for years. Now I wouldn't because hauling wet clothes up from the basement would be a bit beyond me. Also, no clothes line in back yard. Years ago there was a large tree and a line ran to the house. Had to cut down tree several years ago and never came up with clothes line alternative.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

Outside ... or inside on a drying rack ... is how we dry clothes here. Like many Australians, we don't have a clothes dryer although I think they are becoming a little bit more popular. I wouldn't mind a small one but I don't know where we'd put it ... the house isn't really designed for a dryer.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options

For the first time in at least a year I left work on a Friday afternoon and felt caught up. I think this will be a great weekend. I won’t be dreading all I have to do on Monday.

Tracey in Edmonton

Wonderful!! :)

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    <3
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I line dry washing, if possible. Don’t have a dryer. But I do have a large cupboard where our boiler is, with a hanging rail for wet days. And an indoor surer in my Hibbies room. I also hate clothes tags, especially ones at the back of the neck.

Tracey: It’s a good feeling when you have sorted a worrisome task!

Rebecca: Athena is growing so fast.

☘️ Terri
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, steps >7400, dogs to powerline, CI<CO, CI<250<CO
    Bonus: Crissey field stroll with Joe and the dogs, ‘nother load laundry
    Just one thing: back to bupkes
    Workin’ on it: Friday 142.6, H20x5, active 3:27
    Active April
    29: Become an activist for a cause you really believe in.
    Joe invited me to join him and the dogs for a walk to the beach at Crissey field. Glorious sunny morning before the wind blew in the clouds. Got dogs down to powerline before afternoon rains started. Good day.

Lanette thanks for shring about your DH’s new med, sounds promising.
    Tracey I’m with you, love the smell, hate the feel of line dried towels and bed linens.

Soothing sound of rain lulling me to sleep…..

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.

9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Tracey-congratulations on having a free weekend from work! I have to do a few things for work today but I want to make up from time missed due to medical stuff.

Rebecca-Miss Athena has a personality that just doesn’t end!

Viv-your mom and her spending totally makes sense to me. I will research and check and triple check before buying something for me. Early in pandemic I was on phone with DIL in Arizona and we were talking about granddaughter remote learning. Before we hung up I had ordered a new ipad for her on line and was having it shipped to house.

Antidepressants-I have never used them. My husband found them helpful but I had to monitor he took them as prescribed. He would sometimes forget to take them and the results were not good for him (suicidal feelings, etc.).

I do have a clothesline in the basement by the washer and dryer that I use for some items that I don’t want to shrink. I just couldn’t face drying everything that way if I have a choice.

I am working on a “to-do” list today. Creating my list of things to get accomplished prior to moving to Arizona. Need to get some things completed around house and stuff sorted out. I also, with to do lists, end up adding the things I do that aren’t on that list!

Rainy this am so will work on inside of house-hoping to get outside for a dry walk this pm.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Well im awake.. im going to feed Alfie and then tackle the clothes i have to get rid of I have them on my couch...then haul all the stuff out of my walk in and go through that. But will do it in stages.. dont want to overwhelm myself..
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Yesterday was a good diet day for me. Let's hope it's the start of a trend!

I read part of another thread, and now I have all the names and stories mixed up in my head. But it does help with motivation.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I went up the stairs using my sore knee, without pain! Yay! It's been over two weeks, so I'm glad to see improvement. Tonight is back to my dumbbell routine.

Annie in Delaware
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    Debbie I have one of those carts. I will try this.