Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,493 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Jessica Smith kickboxing and Strong & Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets Lower Body Only.

The dogs and the cats are doing great together. This is such a blessing! Louie is full of love and our hearts just melt over him. He stands on his hind legs with front paws over our legs asking us to pick him up. He's just like a little kid. You can tell someone gave him a lot of love but not the veterinary care he needed.

Rain is predicted for Friday and apparently there may be tornado chances too. We had a 1 minute long passing shower tonight!

Laurie, sounds like a great workout! Good job! Your weather is going backwards! It should be warmer!

I know Louie and Chico will be the best of buds over time. Chico was better with him today. We went out today and when we came back both of them were at the window next to our front door jumping up and down and barking with happiness to see us. Chico is training Louie well! LOL. Our cats have been pretty amazing with the dogs. They all ignore each other.

Next week will be a difficult week for your DH and his brother and the rest of the family. Sending all of you prayers and comforting thoughts. I can't believe you don't know when the internment will be! The military cemetery administrators tell you when the internment can happen?

Laurel, great workout! You made me laugh with your description of the workout and Cathe brutalizing you with floor work. Isn't it amazing how much those little moves hurt?
    Louie is a total sweetheart. Things are going incredibly well. It's as if Louie has always lived here.

Have a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was RAW Box and Pump #6. This was a fun workout, and she did olympic lifting with this, so more cardio that weight work.

Laurel, Nice that you where able to do the live workout, and great job with the HiiT workout too. The live workout sounds like it was a good one. Enjoy your time with family. :)

Thelma, Great job with those workouts! I'm so glad to hear that Louie is adapting so well, and that Chico is getting a friend. This morning on our walk there was a golden retriever that zoomed by us and started chasing Rocket. It is a good thing that he is off leash, because this would have done some damage to anyone holding the leash. The golden stopped chasing him, and Rocket being the good boy that he is, was waiting for us. Just surprised DH and I. :o The military has a backlog because of covid, so we are on a wait list. DH said something about two weeks this morning. We will be receiving his mothers ashes on Tuesday, but DH is thinking of putting her ashes in her condo. He said that he is a little creeped out having his mom's ashes in our house. ;)

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was busy. We finally got some rain and it turned cold. Our poor Louie was shivering outside. Thank God we have Chico's fleece vests, which are big for Louie but at least kept him warm. He is afraid of the wind. Our property is in some sort of wind tunnel, and he refuses to walk if it's windy. Today warmed up into the low 70's and Louie loved it. All of a sudden, he was fine walking on the leash. I was able to go for a nice walk with the boys. Now I have to walk the dogs and the chickens too. The chickens like to go down our driveway to the road that runs parallel to our house, so I have to go with them to make sure they'll be safe. Too funny! DH calls me the chicken shepherd because I have a 6' wooden rod that I sort of use as a cane, but its purpose is to be able to reach the chickens when they go somewhere I won't go to.

My workouts on Friday were Gentle Yoga and Spinning and Pilates.
    Sunday: XT Super Cuts and spinning.

Laurie sounds like a great workout! Great job!
    Louie is adapting well except for the walking problem when the weather conditions are not to his liking. I spent hours trying to figure out how to train a dog to walk on a leash. I lured him with treats twice. DH ends up carrying him to the area where they go to the bathroom when he refuses to walk. The little guy eats like a little piggy! if we don't watch him, he goes for the cats' food too. He even gets more food than Chico does, and he is smaller!
    OMG what a scary situation with the golden retriever chasing Rocket. Was he playing or trying to fight?
    I hope the military won't take years to allow you to inter your MIL. I so with your DH on the feeling creeped out to have someone's remains in the house. I would be scared to death!

Laurel, I hope you had a great visit with your sister and BIL!
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Gina B. Latin Pop Dance Cardio, YinYasa Yoga, walking and Xtend Barre Signature.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! We enjoyed an absolutely fantastic weekend with my sister and her husband. I was so sad to see them go, but so happy to be able to have them here and spend some time together. We did some touristy things, played golf and took lots of walks. Coming from dry Colorado, they were enamored with our tall leafy trees. I think they would have taken up residence on our deck if they could have. And I wouldn’t blame them because I love it there too!

I did get some workouts in though. On Friday I did Cathe Live Buff Upper Body and a 30 minute spin. Saturday was a 20 minute recovery spin and 30 minutes of yoga. Sunday was a 45 minute spin. Yesterday was Cathe Live Dynamic Total Body. And today was a 60 minute spin and 20 minutes of yoga.

Laurie, I hope everything is going as well as it can this week.

Thelma, great job with the workouts! I am so happy to hear that Louie is settling in well. I bet you have your hands full on those dog and chicken walks!! The image in my head of that makes me smile. I was really surprised on Friday and Saturday how chilly our weather got. We were all huddled around a fire on Friday night. But the rain we got late last week has really made everything fill in and turn just a brilliant green. Hopefully we will get some more moisture soon, but last I looked, there is none in the forecast.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Perfect30 Low Impact HIIT and ICE Boot Camp Circuit.

Laurel, I am so glad you, your sister and her husband had a great weekend. They came at the perfect time to see all the beautiful shades of green nature is offering now. Good job getting your workouts in!!

We have our hands full with our little zoo! Walking the chickens is funny. They make me laugh when they get ahead of me running down the driveway.
    I bet you all enjoyed the warmth of the fire on Friday night! I see some chances of rain toward the end of the week but I doubt we'll see any rain.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

The memorial service was very nice, and I think my MIL would have really liked it. She was one of those that would always say that she didn't need a service. Well the service was more for us to say goodbye than it was for her. Her brother had the hardest time yesterday. I'm so glad that we didn't have the memorial at the military cemetery, because the temps hit into the 80's yesterday and was extremely humid. Since the chapel is shut down, they said we could use a tent outside. We where able to do some cleaning up in our flower beds on Saturday, that was a very nice day.

I was a bit lazy with my workouts, so Monday and Tuesday I did 30 Day Shred Workout 1. I just couldn't think beyond that, and this morning I did Jillian's Killer Cardio Workout 1. Her workouts are short, but good if you use the right weight.

Laurel, Great job with all your workouts! Glad to hear that you had a great time with your family. Can't imagine not having the shade from our trees, so can understand why they liked your patio. We had that same thing with the weather. Our heat was going on Friday, and yesterday we had to turn the ac on because it was just to humid in the house. Our bodies haven't had a chance to adjust yet. :D

Thelma, Love all your workouts! Okay walking with the chickens! Love it! Nice that Louie is getting used to the leash walking, but only on his terms of course. :D I'm sure over time he will be able to lose his fears. The golden that chased Rocket was playing, it didn't do anything but run. Rocket didn't appear to be upset either, just surprised I think. :D The internment will be at the end of this month, so not to bad.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was ICE Metabolic Total Body. I did the 86 minute premix that included the Blizzard Blast, Muscle Meltdown (Chest) and Core. What a fantastic workout! I think I will be feeling a tad tired later today. :)

Laurie, I am so glad to hear the memorial went well. I am sorry her brother is struggling, but it also shows how strong the family ties are in your family. But I can’t believe your weather turned that warm that quickly!! We have had precious few days this spring where we have been able to open the windows because of the humidity. Not only does it make the house stuffy, but the high humidity means warmer evenings, and I need to not so warm and humid to sleep. Great job with your workouts. I am not sure given the same circumstances I would have done half as much. But sometimes that routine is the best thing when times are tough.

Thelma, great workouts. I was going back and forth between that ICE Boot Camp and the Metabolic Total Body workout this morning and settled on the latter. Maybe on Friday I will try the BC. It has been a long time since I have done it. I bet walking the chickens brings out a few smiles every day. But I bet they love it!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gentle Yoga and Strong & Sweaty Boot Camp.

Laurie, I'm glad your MIL's memorial service was nice. How sad about her brother taking it so hard. Too bad the weather was so hot and humid but at least you had a tent.

Good job with your workouts and the flower bed work.
    I figured out why Louie isn't walking across the driveway. DH has been carrying him across the driveway in the mornings because he is too slow. DH is encouraging the behavior. I made him promise today that he'd stop doing that.
    I'm glad the golden was just trying to play with Rocket!

Laurel, fantastic workout! I love these metabolic workouts!
    Walking the chickens is a very relaxing thing to do and definitely makes me smile. The thing that is most adorable and will never get old is that when one of us is outside with the chickens and the other one comes out, they run across the driveway to great you. It's almost as if they're running toward you to hug you. We hand feed them sliced grapes every afternoon, that is why they run toward us. It makes us laugh every day to see them run toward us. It will never get old.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I was back at it with Jillian's 30 Day Shred Workout 1. I don't know why this workout is appealing to me right now, but I have a need to do this workout. :D I think it must be a week for simple workouts.

Laurel, Great workouts! We are still in this hot and humid conditions, and it isn't fun. I told our friends (the ones that moved to FL), that they are responsible for this heat. They must have brought it with them. We had dinner with our friends last night, and it was fun. I have that same problem sleeping with the humidity. Really hard sleeping last night, so hopefully tonight is much better. You are probably right with the routine. I'm used to that workout, and the only thing I have to think about is what weight I need to use. :D

Thelma, Very nice workouts! Oh my goodness on Louie being slow, and your DH carrying him. ;) I don't blame you one bit for insisting that he let Louie walk on his own. I'm sure that over time he will get faster. I love that your chickens are so happy to see both of you when you go outside.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute spin, 10 minutes of Peloton core work and a 30 minute Pilates for Flexibility class from Open Fit. This last workout turned out to be a pretty good gentle mobility workout. I enjoyed it.

Thelma, great workouts. How fun to be greeted by your chickens every day! Makes me smile. But you are right in making sure Louie learns how to cross the driveway.

Laurie, great workout. And I think it is wonderful you are choosing workouts this week that feel good to you. Despite the cold weather blip last weekend, this is turning out to be a pretty warm and humid May for us. Our first year here, I had the windows open until the last week in May. This year that isn’t even a consideration. I am thinking we are going to have quite a summer ahead of us. My biggest concern is the lack of rain right now more than the temperatures. Like Thelma, I live with a fear of fires. But we’ll hope this pattern changes soon.

One question about the upcoming rotation…..do either of you want me to do a list of suggested workouts per week? I am more than happy to do it (and will be doing it for myself), but if you already have workouts in mind…..Anyhow, just let me know. I think this rotation is going to be here sooner than I think it is!!!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were walking a mile with the dogs, Pilates abs and LITE Metabolic Blast. I love this Metabolic Blast workout!

Louie walked just fine on the leash today! Yaay! Thank goodness I was able to figure out why he wasn't walking across the driveway!
    The reason why DH was carrying Louie in the morning is because he has to get started with his work day. He feeds our critters in the morning and takes the dogs out to the bathroom.

We took two 1/2 ml walks with the dogs today and the little guy walked beautifully on the leash. What a relief!

We got a little unexpected rain tonight. It wasn't much but at least we got some rain.

Laurie, great workout! You've had a busy weekend and then the memorial service. I think it's understandable that you would need a simple workout.

Who knew that it was going to be so simple to get Louie walking on the leash. I was going crazy trying to figure why the dog wasn't walking across the driveway! I agree with you that Louie will get faster over time. Right now he gets distracted with all the new smells.
    The chickens know that we may have treats for them so they get happy to see us. They're so cute!

Laurel, great workouts! I will have to give that Pilates for Flexibility workout a try!
    Thank God Louie walked across the driveway several times today. I had to make sure he did it while DH and Chico were walking next to us and it seemed to have worked.

I would totally appreciate having a list of suggested workouts please. Thank you!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was a change of pace, because I just needed some kickboxing. I did Kelly's 30MTF Cardio Fit W1.

Laurel, Awesome job with the workouts! Of course getting in a mobility workout is always a good thing. I'm good with not having suggested workouts, because I will be doing my thing with what the week is. Since Thelma is good with having the suggestions, then it may give me some inspiration when I'm stuck on a week. ;) I had a much better night, the humidity went way down. I spent about an hour after work just sitting in the back yard with Rocket. I like this time of the year, because there isn't any bugs that bite.

Thelma, Love the workouts! Of course Louie is super curious with his new world. Even on our walks every day, Rocket finds something new to sniff at. :D I figured that your DH was needing the pups to be a little faster. :) I'm impressed with how fast Louie is adjusting. Of course it just means that you both are great parents to them.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was ICE Boot Camp Circuit. Like I did on Wednesday with Metabolic Total Body, I did the premix that included the Blizzard Blast, Muscle Meltdown (biceps) and Core. It felt tough! I followed it with a gentle 20 minute yoga session from Peloton focused on the back.

Thelma, great workouts. I want to give that LiTE Metabolic workout a try during one of our recovery weeks. I still think it is my favorite of her metabolic workouts on DVD. I think you might like that Pilates for Flexibility workout. Yay for Louie and the leash! That is so good to hear. It sure sounds like he is settling in well. Lucky you getting some rain. Our grass is beginning to dry up and it is May! So not good. It is no problem me doing workout suggestions. In fact, I like doing it because it makes me consider workouts and premixes I otherwise would overlook.

Laurie, great workout. And a great way to end a not-so-great week. I bet that time sitting in your yard felt good. Sitting outside and listening to the birds sing is therapy for me for sure. I will try to get the suggested workouts list up next week. This month is absolutely flying right now. :o

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was busy as always but nice. We got a little bit of rain on Saturday night.

Louie hasn't been good about the leash and the driveway. I think I figured out another reason why he doesn't want to walk across the driveway. So far he's only done when DH and I walk with him and Chico! LOL

My workouts on Friday were Gentle Yoga, Walking and Bi's & Tri's 37:15.
    Saturday - Walking
    Sunday - Cathe LITE Rev'd Up Rumble and XT Burn Sets Biceps & Triceps. I hadn't done Rev'd Up Rumble in a long time. I loved it!

Laurie, great workout. I am feeling like doing a lot of kickboxing this week!
    Louie is definitely super curious about his new world. We can't believe how fast he has adjusted. He's totally gotten into our snack routine. It's the cutest thing! Thank you. We try to be good parents to our babies.

Laurel, great workouts! I hope you got some rain over the weekend. I'm sorry your grass is starting to dry up. I can't remember if you have water restrictions?
    Louie has made himself right at home.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Again we had a busy weekend, just doesn't seem to stop. :D I was able to get in P30 Mobility on Saturday, and nothing on Sunday. Our temps are finally back into the normal range for this time of the year with temps in the 50's to start out the day. Looking forward to some lower humidity this week. This morning's workout was 30MTF Build & Burn Kettlebell Kickboxing. Sure did enjoy that one.

Laurel, Those workouts sound great! Yep the birds chirping is a great sound. Of course there was this huge bumble bee that was buzzing around, and I had to warn Rocket not to snap at it. He will go after flies in the house, so who knows what he would try with a bee. :D Thanks so much for what you are doing with the rotations.

Thelma, Funny how those weekends just seem to be so busy. LOL about Louie and the driveway, he apparently knows what he wants. ;) Awesome workouts! Got to love some kickboxing for sure. Love that Louie already knows the snack routing. Rocket is big on the cheese and peanut butter. Anytime DH gets cheese that dog knows, and will just stare at DH until he gets a piece. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours, too, was busy. Saturday was spent on yard work, and yesterday, after a little more yard work, we got out to play golf. That was fun. It was sunny, hot and dry all weekend, and the lack of rain is becoming concerning. Everybody’s lawn is dying, and it is only May! So not good.

For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith Belly, Buns and Thigh walk and 45 minutes of yoga. Yesterday I went off-track a bit and did Slow and Heavy Chest and Back. I have no idea why I felt like doing Slow and Heavy, but I did and it works for this week in the rotation. Anyhow, I followed it with Cathe Live Slam HiiT. Today was Slow and Heavy Legs and Shoulders and a 45 minute Peloton spin.

I am about 2/3 the way through coming up with some workout thoughts for the new rotation, so I should have it posted this week if everything goes as planned. Next week I will be a bit busier leading into our trip to Missouri, so my goal is to get it done this week.

Thelma, great workouts. Lucky you with the rain. We got a couple of claps of thunder and that was it. And there is nothing projected for the foreseeable future. That, combined with the hot temps (we were 90 yesterday) has everything dying. We are not under any watering restrictions (yet), but even watering twice a day right now isn’t doing much good. It is kind of sad and a little scary to be honest.

Laurie, great workouts. I am glad your temperatures are more normal again. As much as I complained about how chilly this spring was, I am not quite sure I am ready for the full-on summer weather we are having right now! I hope Rocket stays away from those bees. I don’t see that going too well for him if he doesn’t. :o

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were YinYasa Yoga, Walking, Gina B Pop Mix and XT Cardio Leg Blast.

Laurie, great workouts! I hear you on the never ending busy weekends! I used to be able to have weekends to myself many moons ago! I miss those days sometimes.

Louie is definitely learning from Chico. We now have two dogs barking at the delivery people! OMG! Chico is super jealous about sharing daddy with anyone and that includes me! Today I hugged DH in front of the dogs, just to see their reaction! Louie was the first one to bark at me! LOL
    We don't give the dogs human food but we have to watch them with the cats' food. Louie is a little vulture!
    I'm so glad you noticed the bumble bee!

Laurel, I'm so glad you and your DH were able to take some time to play golf.
    I hear you on the lack of rain. It really is concerning. I don't see any rain in the forecast at all. Sorry about your lawn. I can't believe that watering twice a day isn't helping!
    The rain we got on Saturday was not much. I can't believe you're not under watering restrictions. We don't have a lawn. We have weeds and we don't water them. They are pretty dried up, especially after our 'lawn' guy cut them. We only water my plants.

I read tonight that Huntsville, AL was voted the #1 place to live in the country for its housing affordability.

Great workouts! I like the sound of that Jessica Smith Belly, Buns and Thigh walk!
    Thank you so much for all the effort you put into our rotations. I'd be lost without you!
    I'd forgotten about your trip to Missouri!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I changed things up a bit by doing FitSplit Push Day, the weight work only. I do love this style of lifting, so that may be why I mixed this week up a bit.

Laurel, Hey if you get inspired to do those S&H workout, I say go for it. Love all the workouts that you got done this weekend. I know that I changed my workout theme for this week, so we where of the same mindset, just a different way to lift. Thanks for putting out the information on the next rotation. This morning we woke up to temps in the 40's and to tell the truth it was a pleasure after all the high temps. :D

Thelma, Great job with those workouts! LOL about the barking at the delivery people. I think I may have mentioned this, but Rocket knows when the Amazon truck is in the neighborhood. He watches the guy when he is stopping next door. I think the trucks must make a certain noise, because he can go from laying on the floor to looking intently through the window. :D Our previous dog was like that when DH would hug me.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Slow and Heavy Triceps and Biceps, Cathe Live 30 Minute Kickbox Express and a 10 minute neck stretch from Open Fit. I really enjoyed doing Slow and Heavy this week….and this is not a series to be enjoyed! :D I guess my body knew what it wanted after all. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I bet it is fun watching Louie become a member of your family. He is already jealous of sharing you and your DH! That speaks wonders about you both. I just saw that article on Huntsville. The housing market in this city is crazy right now. Houses are gone before they are even listed, even in the higher cost areas. If DH and I were interested in selling, we could make quite a bit off the house, but this is home for now so no go there. We are supposed to be in the 90s for the next few days and no rain. I can’t believe this weather in May!

Laurie, great workout. I love those workouts because they are so effective yet manageable in time. I was thinking the same about S&H—if I feel like doing it, I better run with that feeling because who knows when or if it will ever return! :D I bet 40s felt good this morning. I think I would have enjoyed a walk in that temperature.

I am going to post my ideas for the next rotation. It may be in a series of posts. We’ll see how I do on time.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel