Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I just realized that I forgot to post what I did Sunday! X10 w/u, BB Bulk Legs, Leslie Sansone Power Walk, stretch. Tonight I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Chest, Walking on Treadmill, Stretch.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,781 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Another quick check in today. Hopefully things will be a little more normal over the next few days.....at least until our household goods arrive. We still don’t know when that will be. The closing on the house went as smoothly as can be. We will officially move into the house tomorrow. We were waiting on getting a refrigerator in place, internet and TV and a couple of chairs, and last night, that finally all happened. Hopefully we will be okay on the air mattress with our few belongings. If not.....we may be back in a hotel soon! I hope not. I am ready to be settled.

I continue with the short cardio workouts, though yesterday since I was at the house waiting for the internet people to arrive (they were five hours late! :o ), I did add ICE Metabolic Total Body to my Shred Cardio workout. It felt good to have weights in my hands again. Tomorrow I hope to do another longer but light total body workout (I am thinking Flex Train or High Reps) before getting back into some semblance of a routine with strength training. The good thing is despite all the eating out, I don’t feel I have gained too much weight. But I am SO ready for a home cooked meal right now! DH and I have agreed to diet between Thanksgiving and Christmas because, right now, we both are feeling like big meals and holiday treats are the last things we want. :#

Tami, hope you enjoyed your ‘me’ weekend, though I have to agree with Laurie that deep cleaning doesn’t sound much like ‘me’ time. :) But that being said, I know I do that when DH is gone too and it makes me feel better to have done it in the end. Sounds like winter is beginning its descent right now. We even had lows in the 20s on Saturday! :o Everybody keeps asking us how we like the warmer temps here compared to Alaska and it is kind of difficult to explain that until the last week we were in Alaska......these were our temps! But this is cold for here and it was warm for there......so I will take it!!

Thelma, I hope you get the results from your biopsy soon. I am glad they tried to make you feel better about it but I know I wouldn’t be totally at ease until I got the results. Glad you enjoyed your time with in-laws for your DHs birthday. It will still be a few weeks before I can start on the Heavy rotation. I need to get my gear in first and do at least a week of something else before I jump into Sagi. But if you and Tami are good waiting....I would love the company!! But I just wanted to let you know it may be a little while yet.

Laurie, thinking about you today. I know it will be a difficult day for you, your DH, your MIL and your entire family. Hopefully, though, it includes a celebration of your FILs long life. Mt Rushmore was truly beautiful. We got there late on Sunday afternoon in a light rain and because of the time we were there, we were alone. We were also able to see it in daylight and just a few minutes later (after a stroll through the gift shop) at night. Much more impressive than I thought it would be if I am being honest. We saw herds and herds of Buffalo up in the Yukon Territory all over the road, but none in South Dakota. But we did have a Big Horn Sheep walk up to the car in Badlands National Park! That was a surprise.

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Weekend was a very quiet one but good! It was so nice having yesterday off as an extra day. Friday we had SNOW here. It was cold and blustery, had me in the mood to snuggle in but I did do some deep cleaning on Saturday along with some errands and then sappy movies in the p.m. Ones that I can watch when DH isn’t home. He hates those kinds of movies. LOL I was also able to visit with my sister on Sunday. We haven't talked in a long time, just text here and there. She has been so busy and in and out of town. So we talked for nearly 2 hours!!!! WHOA. It felt good though and I was able to get some things off my chest and so was she, just thoughts and memories, nothing bad. Just felt good and I felt better when I hung up so I must have needed it.

I went off schedule a little bit on the workouts the last few days ….. just because “different’ sounded good. LOL So Saturday I did Michelle Dozois Peak Fit Strength, Sunday was KCM Step Kick Boxing #2 and yesterday I did Michelle Dozois Peak Fit Cardio Strength. Tonight I am headed for Insane X for my workout.

Thelma: Sounds like you had a very nice weekend with your in-laws. Very nice. Glad to hear they aren’t worried about the growth you had removed on your face. Always scary but good to hear when it is nothing. Great job on the workouts! Way to work. :)

Laurie: Sounds like we had a very similar weather pattern the other day. Ours is all gone, it was only a couple inches but it is now just cold outside. Sunny today, which I love but cold. Great job w/ JM Killer Cardio Level 1 and always love hearing when we enjoy our workouts. Makes it so much nicer. I have found lately I am pushing myself a little bit more to “enjoy” them so veering off into something off the schedule or forsure a variety of workouts is good for me. The “me” time was great, even the cleaning. I didn’t go crazy but enough I felt like I could just relax and enjoy whatever Sunday and Monday brought my way. I did have a guy come yesterday and give me a quote on new blinds! Something I have wanted to do for years. We have the original old metal blinds and I want to freshen it up a bit since we did our remodel/addition (10 years ago … lol) no hurry. We have a few windows with shutters that look nice and the rest are the metal thin blinds. So it will be nice and it felt good to finally make that appt. Rather than saying “one of these days”. I hope the service for your mother in law was a nice one today.

Laurel: Congrats on the successful closing and moving in tomorrow!! WooHoo. Very happy for you guys. You will be all settled in no time I am sure. Workout room and weights will be ready to go! I am happy to wait for you and Thelma on the Sagi rotation! Happy doing what I have been, even if I go off the trail a little bit here and there until then. Just staying in the program of working out and sticking to something is my goal right now . . . structure is good and some days "whatever sounds good" is also what I go for.

Have a great evening ladies ~ Talk to you tomorrow . . . Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, no workout tonight. I didn't get home till 8pm and DH and I had a heart-to-heart about my quality of life and how it is affecting him. Lack of quality of life is more like it. I feel awful about DH. He feels helpless and miserable because he has to watch me suffer and be so exhausted all the time.
    So that special date I was looking forward to for early next year may come much sooner. It all l depends on the outcome of our trip to GA in two weeks.

Laurel, congrats on the closing! I hope you get your belongings soon! Wow, those are low temps for AL! I bet it felt like a heatwave to you! LOL. Great job getting your workouts in!
    I started doing BB Bulk but I will keep you company. You know how I always want to keep doing Sagi's workouts for a longer period than planned.

Tami, glad you had a nice weekend and spent some quality time over the phone with your sister! You had snow too! I heard we may have our first snow showers on Thursday. So not ready for snow!!! Did you order new blinds? We don't have curtains or blinds but how nice that there are services that go to your house to measure those things. I could never do it right! LOL.
    So happy we'll wait for Laurel to do the Sagi rotation. For now, I will do whatever I can when my body has the energy. I've been so busy that I've not even checked the result notifications I've gotten from my doctors. I think one is the biopsy results. No phone calls from the doctors so I'm not concerned.

Good night ladies.
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,428 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

My workouts have not been happening, I have a cold. I was able to do a walking workout from GHUTV on Monday, it involved a med ball. This morning I did Kelly's Meltdown Workout 2, so nothing to strenuous. I'm feeling a little better than I have the last couple of days, but not up to doing anything to difficult.

The funeral was very nice, it lasted about a half hour. DH's father servic in the navy, so the service was in the chapel at the veteran's cemetery. Beautiful location, very nice facility. Afterward we went to a local restaurant and had a very nice meal. We will probably go back to the restaurant on his dad's birthday, and then go and visit at the cemetery. My MIL was surprised with the amount of people that where there. Since most of the friends that my MIL had, have now passed, the majority of the people there where friends and family from the boys. They have such a small family, that my family and my SIL's family made up the majority of the people. ;)

Laurel, Nice that your closing went smooth, and I hope that your household goods show up really soon. I applaud you for living in the house with just a air mattress. Good job on getting in those workouts, even if they are short. My MIL did very well, I'm hoping that she doesn't fall into a depression like she does at this time of the year. Our dd's took her out to lunch, went shopping and the youngest cut her hair on Monday. I think that they plan on getting together once a month.

Tami, Nice that you where able to talk to your sister, sounds like it was well needed. LOL about the sappy movies, I love watching those also. I think my DH tolerates my need to watch them. Great job on the workouts even though you took a detour from the rotation. I see you pulled out a Michelle D workout, I have some intermediate ones that she made. Might have to pull those out, because they may be just what I'm looking for right now. How nice that you are looking at replacing the blinds, they have so many options now. Amazingly our snow is still around, we have not had temps above 32 since it landed on the ground. Today we are suppose to get up to 32, which has been the warmest since that day.

Thelma, Quality of life is important, so will be hoping for a good outcome for your trip to GA. Great job on your workouts. Hope all goes well with the test results. We usually do get some snow around this time of the year, but the cold is a bit unusual. Not that we haven't had cold weather like this before, I do remember some Thanksgivings when we had cold temps like this. Even more snow sometimes. :p

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I finally was able to do something like a ‘normal’ workout today. I started with Flex Train and then, for cardio, did Cathe Live Power Step. Hoping to finish out the week with some good workouts. Today is my last long day working on the house until the movers come. All the shelves are lined, we are unpacked, etc. So I should be able to workout even longer for a few days which will feel great.

Tami, sounds like a great weekend. Glad you were able to talk to your sister. We finally got a TV hooked up in the house, and I currently have it on sappy Hallmark Christmas movies! Just need a little ‘girl’ time this afternoon. It is rainy and foggy and really great weather for it. Just wish I had more furniture! Thank you for waiting on me with Body Beast! Hopefully it won’t be too long a wait.

Thelma, I am glad you and your DH are discussing quality of life. It is so important. I will have all my fingers and toes that you have a fantastic trip to Georgia next month. I think it is terrific that you are doing the workouts you feel like doing right now.

Laurie, I am sorry to hear about your cold. Glad you are giving your body a rest. I am also glad the funeral service went well and your MIL was able to handle it. I think it is wonderful your DDs are spending time with her. Hopefully that helps keep some of the ‘sads’ away. Hope you feel better soon.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Ended up heading home after work instead so no workout after all yesterday ☹ It was cold & dark and just felt like going home. UGH. I hate when I talk myself into NOT working out for just that reason. It will be cold and dark many days ahead. This a.m. I did Tri-Sets Lower Body and tonight I will go to Spinning {forsure} after work.

Thelma: I cannot tell you how sorry I am for all you are going through emotionally with your job and how it is truly affecting you and your DH’s lives …… makes it so hard. My DH used to feel so helpless for me as well when I was at my other job and miserable. He is a “fixer” so it drove him crazy. It actually got to a point that he didn’t really talk to me about it anymore until the end when everything changed and he helped me get out of there. Again, a “fixer” LOL. I am happy that you have your DH for a sounding board and support right now. Day-by-day is all you can do my friend. Fingers crossed your trip to GA will be a success!

Yes, so I did order the blinds. Super excited. He said they might arrive and install before Christmas but no promises. Completely something I am happy to have someone else measure and put up. I think if DH ever did it, which he could he would be so frustrated that it would not be fun to be home. LOL I don’t care if they arrive before Christmas or not really, but if they do that will be great for his parents to see. No big plans this year. The fact that I finally bit the bullet and did order them is a huge celebration for me. They will look so nice. I know DH and I will probably stay there forever and “IF” not then it is a great investment for our house either way. No phone calls from the doctor is always a good sign.

Laurie: Sorry to hear about your cold. Dang it, tis the season. But hopefully you will be well soon and have it over with for the winter. Good job getting in your walking workout on Monday and then Kelly’s workout #2. Good that you are paying attention to your body and not pushing it! I am happy for your DH and his brother that it was a nice turnout for the funeral. Always a nice feeling to have that support. Yes, I think you mentioning Michelle D’s workouts a couple weeks ago made me think of her. I think her enthusiastic “peppy” attitude is what I needed and sometimes you just reach for something “different” and it works. She is still on my radar so I will probably do several more before we go into the Sagi rotation. On the blinds, it will be SO nice, as I was telling Thelma. As far as choices, I kept asking his opinion of what looks better because truly our original metal blinds were my frame of reference. LOL I went inexpensive on our 2 spare bedrooms and nicer for the kitchen and shutters for the master bedroom.

Laurel: Congrats on getting in a “normal” workout! I am sure for you what you have been doing feels almost like nothing …. But truly you have been doing great workouts in my opinion. You sound beyond ready for those movers to arrive. I hope all your things are in great shape and the unpacking goes quickly! I am sure you both have a no-fail system in place with all the moves you have made. No worries on waiting for BB rotation …. I am happy to wait.

Have a great rest of your day/evening ladies ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Feeling a little better this morning, but still not to full throttle. I was inspired by Tami and did a Michelle Dozois Your Body Breakthru workout called Your Best Body Circuit Express. This is suppose to be intermediate, but to me it is more beginner/intermediate for the express workout. It was fun to workout with Michelle again, and perfect for getting something done with this cold. At some point I will try the full workout, it was fun.

Laurel, LOL about the Hallmark channel being on, I have had a hard time resisting watching. I usually try to hold off until after Thanksgiving, but it didn't work. Great job on the workouts, and getting in some longer ones. I'm sure it really did feel good. I bet when that truck pulls up to the house, you will have a sigh of relief.

Tami, Sorry to hear that you where not in the mood for a workout, that happens to all of us at some point. Yes tis the season for the colds, I'm just really happy that it didn't show up for Thanksgiving. I'm hosting DH's family so will be busy cooking, and not feeling good doesn't help. I should be fine by next week though. It will be very nice to have new blinds and shutters, just those little changes help during the winter. We just finished painting the dining room. I should say DH and the oldest did the work. I wasn't feeling that great to help out. It is a nice change from the wall paper that we had in since we moved into the house. I do like Michelle's "peppy" attitude, she is the same way in these intermediate workouts that I have.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today I put together a combo of Cathe last two Live workouts which were HiiT It, Strike It and Crunch It Live and Low Impact Blast Off Circuits. The first workout was all equipment-free cardio plus core, and the second was very similar in format to F/S Low Impact Cardio and Metabolic Conditioning. All together it was about 90 minutes. I was feeling it for sure! When I started, I hoped to add on a little bit more, but I was ready to be done at the end. Still building up my endurance I suppose. But it felt good to workout for that long again.

Tami, I understand that feeling of just wanting to be home in the dark and cold. Even with as happy as I am with this move and how much more daylight we have than Alaska this time of year.....I am feeling the winter inertia still. Unlike Alaska, where it was so dark in the mornings I could hardly do anything until 10:00am, here it is hitting me in the afternoon. I just want to curl up with tea and a book and not move! Not good when we’ve had so much to do.....but yesterday I did exactly that....tea, book, etc. Felt great.....so I understand. Yay for the new blinds!! That will probably make a huge difference in your rooms. It is quite an investment but will be so worth it in the end. I know I will be just fine if I never have to clean another set of those metal blinds in my life. No doubt you feel the same way! Hope you enjoyed your spin class!

Laurie, glad to hear you are feeling better. Sounds like a perfect workout for today. I bet your dining room feels differently without the wall paper. That will be nice for Thanksgiving. One of the reasons I had the Hallmark channel on yesterday is it seems my mind just lost a month completely. I can’t wrap my mind around the fact that next week is Thanksgiving! We walk into stores with Christmas stuff and I think ‘why is that out?’ :o We have moved during the holidays before and I never had this issue. And it isn’t like the weather here has been warm and sunny (in fact, we had a light dusting of snow this morning, and the high is 33 today), but even with that, I still feel like it is early October or something. So I thought the Christmas movies would help. I don’t know if they did.....but I enjoyed them. :) But I really have to get my act together to plan something for Thanksgiving, especially if we don’t have our household goods yet. As of yesterday.....they were in Iowa.

Thelma, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ We had a TOUGH spin class last night. It was an instructor that teaches at the PEAK Gym near my house and I have taken her class before but for some reason last night it was tough. I burned like 600+ calories in an hour. WHOA. It was an entire hour of intervals and HiiT training basically. Also .... Biggest Loser is over, so the class was not even half full. This a.m. was KCM Sculpting RX #2, which felt short but great for the time I had. NO workout tonight after work.

Laurie: Glad to hear you were feeling better this a.m. and that I inspired you with a little “MD” action on your workout. She is fun to workout with and motivating, like I said, I am sure I will be reaching for her workouts a few more times very soon. Your Thanksgiving sounds busy. We are also hosting DH’s family at our house and maybe my BIL with his new girlfriend. We will see. DH will do most of the cooking since he wants to do Prime Rib. We are all scheduled to work until 3:00 on Friday but I may ask for it OFF. Since I have days available and it would just be nice to have all 4 days in a row.

Laurel: Sounds like some fun workouts! Way to go and I am sure your “normal 90-min” workout combo felt great to get back to doing. WOOHOO, way to work. Love to hear that you had a day of just tea and your book, you deserve that R&R forsure. Yes, the new blinds are quite an investment forsure but I am feeling really happy about going for it!!

Hi Thelma ~ Hope all is well with you today.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow, Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, sadly I am not in a good place emotionally. Work seems to get more challenging every day. Tonight was my boss' retirement part so that was fun. Tomorrow is his last day. Scary times ahead! We also got our first snow storm of the season. it was freezing today too.

Not a good rotation week. On Wed I did a little JS cardio just so I would move but honestly, I have no desire to do anything these days.

Ladies, good job with your workouts. You ladies are awesome! Please workout for me until I can get my life back!

Good night and have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Was a little slow in getting up this morning, but I got a workout in. I did another Michelle workout, this time it was the cardio workout in that series. I did the express workout again, but it was classic Michelle so I was able to follow along fairly well. Only one day of work for me next week!

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, and I'm sure that you will be back to your normal routine soon. I really like the sound of the first workout, the name is catchy. :D Wow your weather is almost like ours. This morning we had about an inch of snow, and we had to put our boots on for our walk. The snow must have surprised everyone, because no snowplowing was done. They usually are in our neighborhood at 4am. It is suppose to warm up here next week, and warm is in the 40's. :D That has to be difficult to feel that you have missed a whole month, but you really did since you where driving for so many weeks. Well Iowa is way closer than still on a ship, so that is some good news. I suppose everything will arrive next week during the holiday.

Tami, Great job on the workout and your class. Is the PEAK the same as Michelle D's Peak? The amount of calories that you burned is what I usually get from one of her DVD's. Nice that your DH is making the Thanksgiving meal, we will have the traditional turkey. I have never attempted a prime rib, will have to try it at some point. We always have the Friday after Thanksgiving off as a holiday, and I'm taking off the Monday after so I will have a full week. Planning on getting some cookies made.

Thelma, Sorry to hear that you are having to go through all this at work. I'm sure that saying goodbye to your boss was tough, and the replacement will be an adjustment. Do what you can for your workouts, and do enjoy the holidays that are coming up. ;)

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I don’t know if you will remember this, but the week before the movers came in Alaska Cathe filmed a Live workout that had her class staring at her like she was crazy at some points. It was a total body workout that I really wanted to do before the move but didn’t have time to get it in. Well, I did it today and.....yowza! I know what her class was thinking with those stares! :# Like I said, this was a total body, all dumbbell workout that starts with two tri-sets for lower body then goes to tri-sets for each upper body part before finishing with abs. What made it so tough was it was slightly over an hour and Cathe did not rest at all throughout. I managed to lift her weight throughout, which made me happy. But it was tough! Of course.....I loved it! My muscles were shaking, though, so after a bit of a break, I did Rockout Knockout for cardio.

Tami, sounds like a great spin class! That’s an amazing number of calories for an hour. I so miss my spin cycle!! Your Thanksgiving sounds wonderful. I am just this morning planning our meal, trying to figure out what I can make without buying too many dishes (if we don’t have ours yet, of course). I am thinking it will be ham this year. Now all I have to figure out is what to serve with it. :o I really enjoyed the down time this week, that’s for certain. But I am already getting restless. :p Yesterday I was all over this empty house hundreds of times measuring walls and such, mentally arranging and rearranging furniture for hours. This is the part of moving I love......planning a new home. :) DH thinks I am crazy. :D

Thelma, I am so sorry to hear you so down right now. Take care of yourself, and don’t worry about the workouts. You have a lot going on with your boss leaving and all the turmoil you faced this autumn in your job.....plus the uncertainty still of what next year holds. And while it will hopefully hold something fantastic, that uncertainty is draining for certain. So just take care of you right now.

Laurie, glad to hear you continue to feel better. Sounds like a good workout. Our high yesterday was 29! Today.....it will be close to 60. B) Looks like the weather is turning back to more normal for here for the foreseeable future, which is highs in the 50s and 60s. I am so glad because I did not pack for Alaska weather here. :o Like I said to Tami, I think our Thanksgiving will be ham this year, but DH has made me promise to cook a turkey for Christmas. I am okay with that. Even if our household goods arrive next week, I am not going to be anywhere able to cook a full Thanksgiving dinner. But I like the idea of having a nice Christmas dinner (something we don’t normally do) in our new home.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ This a.m. was S&S PHA Training and headed to Spinning tonight. We will see if Katy is back.

Laurie: Great job getting in a workout, despite the slow start . . . at least you got it in! The PEAK Gym I go to has 3 gyms in our area but no, they are not the same as Michele D’s Peak at all; just the name they used I guess. Would be great if those types of classes were offered however! LOL So great you have only one day next week of work.

Laurel: Great workout!!! I do remember you describing that one. I can imagine how TOUGH it was. Funny it is real time and they are all looking at her like that. So great you followed it up with a fun cardio. By the time you get your furniture you will have a place for everything. That will be so awesome. That’s the good part of not having it right now, you can run scenarios through your mind and measure and prepare.

Thelma: We are here for you friend. Don’t worry about your workouts . . . they are always there for you when you have the energy. Mentally and physically. Enjoy the weekend.

Have a great weekend ladies ~ We have our Fall League V-Ball tourney on Sunday.
    Talk to you on Monday! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a good weekend. I had a fairly good one. I finally checked my lab results and my calcium levels were on the high end so I have to cut back on my calcium intake. My bone density showed that I've lost bone density on my spine which could explain the backaches. I still don't have the biopsy results.

Ladies, thanks so much for your words of support. I really appreciate them very, very much.
    I've only been doing cardio and stretching. Tonight I did XT Legs w/u, BB Bulk Legs, Jessica Smith Power Walk, Stretching.

Laurie, great job getting your workouts in! How exciting that you will only work one day this week. I am hoping our boss lets us go home early on Wed.

Laurel, that Cathe Live workout sounds like a killer one! Great job doing it! Any idea when your furniture will arrive?
    I don't want to worry about the workouts but I have to. Workouts do me good but the problem is the lack of energy.

Tami, great workouts! That spinning class was quite a calorie burner! Great job! Thank you so much for your support. I really appreciate it and need it!

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I'm feeling way better this morning, but it wasn't a fun weekend with a stuffed nose. :o I took Saturday off and did nothing. I did go shopping with my youngest, the stores had black friday prices so it was nice. On Sunday I did GHUTV Lift Upper Body and this morning I did GHUTV Lift Core Cardio. Today is my last day for this week, and I will be back to work on Tuesday of next week.

Laurel, Good job getting through that workout, and sticking with the same weight as Cathe. I'm sure you where exhausted after doing that and the kickboxing workout. Your Christmas dinner will be something to look forward to, and ham is a good alternative also with your stuff about to arrive. It will be a bit different for us this year without DH's father at the end of the table.

Tami, Great job on the workouts, and I do hope that Katy was back to torture all of you. Dang on those not being the MD Peak type workouts. That would be fun to try those live. Can't wait to hear how you did with the tournament.

Thelma, I did have a good weekend, and right now DH is in Nashville for a couple of days. He actually is in Nashville today, and then going to Louisville later and heading home tomorrow night. Dang on the calcium and bone density, I'm sure that can be contributing to the back problems. I will hope that your boss lets you out early on Wednesday also. Tomorrow I have to take DH's uncle Bob to his Dr. appointment, which should take up the majority of my morning.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. We were busy running around looking for things for the house, getting to know the area, and shopping for Thanksgiving. We found out on Friday that we won’t get our household goods until next week at the earliest, so I came up with a meal I can prepare with our few dishes. It should be nice, even if a bit simple. We had beautiful weather this weekend with sunshine and temperatures in the 60s, so it was a joy to be outside. We also spent several hours raking leaves yesterday. Boy I enjoy that so much more than shoveling snow! :)

For workouts, on Saturday I did the cardio and standing work from Cathe Live Cardio Glutes and Core, followed by Cathe’s Total Body Stretching. Yesterday it was Cathe Live Fit Legs followed by Cathe Live Get Stepping. Today I did Ramped Up Upper Body Double premixes for Chest, Triceps and Shoulders, which felt fantastic. I followed it with Cathe Live Hi-Lo Cardio and Core. I am feeling stronger and stronger with each workout, which is good.

Tami, hope you enjoyed the spin class and that you had good success in volleyball. I am not one who rearranges the furniture in the house so, usually, once it gets put down, it stays there. So since this will most likely be our home for a while (I hope!), this extra time to figure things out isn’t a bad thing at all.

Thelma, sorry to hear about the calcium levels and bone density. Like I said to Tami, looks like our furniture will, hopefully, arrive sometime next week. It was in Chicago on Friday and should get to Atlanta this week. They will truck it up from Atlanta (it is currently on a train), but with the holiday this week knew it wouldn’t be done this week. I am hoping for early next week, but I have a feeling we won’t hear anything this week at all. Oddly I am a little more patient right now than DH is with this, but I know he as hoping we would be able to use his four day weekend this coming weekend to unpack. But starting next week, no doubt, my patience will end. B)

Laurie, sorry to hear about the stuffy-headed weekend, but I am glad you are feeling better today. Glad you were able to enjoy some time with your DD on Saturday, though. We were out all day on Saturday and found the stores surprisingly quiet. It made for a pretty pleasant experience. Great workouts the past couple of days. Hope you enjoy your time off and that all goes well for your Thanksgiving. No doubt it will be a difficult one for your family, but, hopefully, you will all celebrate being together.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel

• 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Weekend went by really fast. Saturday was a “get all the errands” done type of day because I knew Sunday was going to be gone most of the day. However, plans changed on the Volleyball tourn. My step son, his girlfriend and their little girl along with my in-laws and BIL all came over for a belated Birthday get together since my step son, girlfriend and their little girl all had B-days recently. Well I felt too guilty to go play Volleyball so I stayed home to be with everyone. We will have a repeat of the event except no stepson and his family on Thanksgiving. I was feeling more & more guilty about missing the get together eventhough DH encouraged me to go. Our team was full plus extras so I missed the tourney. We WON however, so that was great! Guess they didn’t need my help whatsoever ….. LOL.

Workout yesterday was KCM Lean Body Circuits – full pre-mix. Which was great. Saturday I didn’t workout because I met my girlfriend for early coffee, which was fun and then off to run those errands. It was NUTS out in the shopping land.

Thelma: Way to get your workout in today! Glad to hear your weekend was “fairly good”, hope that means you were also able to rest a bit too and do nothing after the long week you had. We are always here for you Thelma. Hang in there. I hope this week is better.

Laurie: Dang on the stuffy nose but glad to hear you are feeling much better! I bet shopping was fun with your daughter. As I was out and about it was so hectic, with a friend or something it isn’t quite as “bad”. LOL I did take this Friday OFF, eventhough we only work until about 1:00 then I don’t have to get up and I can enjoy all 4 days in a row. I hope you have a wonderful week off preparing ,etc.. Excellent workouts yesterday and today as well.

Laurel: Happy to hear you guys are getting all sorted out in your new town and home. Wonderful that you have found something you can plan for a special dinner despite the non-dishes, kitchen set up, etc. I bet it will be nice and a fun memory. Way to go with the workouts! WOWSA, hitting it hard I would say. Glad you’re strength is back. I feel like my cardio needs a little help these days. LOL. Since this summer and backing off and/or doing what I could do it wasn’t or hasn’t often been CARDIO that I reach for. Maybe now that I am feeling a little better and more motivated I will start improving.

Have a great evening ladies – talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I got a little cardio in tonight. We're about to get some cold temps for the next few days.

Laurie, great workouts! I hope you have a wonderful holiday and time off! So nice of you to take your DH's uncle to the doctor!

Laurel, sorry you won't get your household goods until next but I'm glad you've found a way to prepare your Thanksgiving meal! Raking is soooo much easier than shoveling snow. What do you do with the leaves there? We are able to dump ours behind out property in a wooded area. In our previous house, we had to buy biodegradable bags and would put the leaves in there for the trash service to take away.

Tami, glad you had a nice weekend. I think you did the right thing by staying home on Sunday to spend time with your in-laws. I'm glad your team won the VB tournament!
    Are you guys cooking dinner for Thanksgiving? We'll make our usual turkey breast. I've been having panic attacks lately. They started on Sunday afternoon an continued till the early afternoon today. Not fun

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast and Icy Core 2 followed by LIS After Burn. I really enjoyed both these workouts today. I am so appreciative of Cathe’s On Demand and Live options this move. I remember back in the day being so restricted by what workouts I could do during moving.....not just because of lack of equipment, but I would only carry a limited set of DVDs. Now I can wake up and think ‘what do I feel like today?’. And while I still have equipment limits, I have so many options available. It is making this time waiting for furniture a bit more bearable, that’s for sure.

Tami, I am sorry to hear you missed volleyball on Sunday, but I completely understand your decision to stay home with family. No doubt your team missed you, even if they did win! DH and I have done Thanksgiving with no furniture before, but that time I made sandwiches for dinner. :o This will be my first attempt at something resembling a real Thanksgiving meal. I am looking forward to it! And we have been invited by some neighbors to their house on Friday for a Thanksgiving dinner too. That will be a fun time to get to know some of the people around us. And so nice of them to invite complete strangers!

Thelma, I am sorry to hear about the panic attacks. No doubt all the changes in your life are catching up to you. Add winter on top of that and......no fun. I hope your trip to Georgia next month provides some relief for you. We bag our leaves here for trash pick up. And, yes, raking is so much better than shoveling! We have a lot of trees, though, so it is a bit of a task for sure. But I will take it!

Enjoy the day.

Laurel