Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Just wanted to check in very quickly. We are still working to unpack the house while, simultaneously, decorating for Christmas. :o But things are really coming together nicely. Yes, our belongings arrived in fantastic condition. Not one hint of damage yet, which is really amazing. The movers delivering our stuff...can’t speak so highly of. They didn’t damage anything, but they also decided to take their time and make our move in two days instead of one. I was not happy about that, but that is one of the reasons it is taking forever to unpack.

I did short workouts on Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and today. It has felt good to workout despite the long, physical days. I am hoping to get back to a more normal routine in a couple of days. My workout room is all set up ( except my stability ball still needs air), and I really like it. I was up early on Saturday morning and put it all together while DH was still sleeping. The kitchen.....not a dish washed. But my workout room was almost complete. B) I have my priorities. :)

Tami, congratulations on the volleyball! Sounds like a fun time. Be safe on the ice. Great workouts, as always.

Thelma, huge congratulations on the new house!!!!! I am so very happy for you. As Laurie said, that means the other house just wasn’t your home. Right now, as I unpack and unpack and unpack, I think you are so fortunate to have found a place that is furnished. Sounds like a perfect situation. I hope this gives you so much peace of mind and something to look forward to over the next several months. Huge hugs, my friend. So very happy for you.

Laurie, your banners are beautiful! What a great project for the season. Wish I had the creativity and talent to do that. Congratulations on the new dinnerware. That is really something that the company is replacing everything. I like companies that want it to be right. Let me know what you are thinking on the road trip. I bounced the idea off DH the other night about me going and he was all for it. He knows it has been something I have wanted to do for awhile.

Hope to start checking in more regularly after tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,513 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I only had time for a little cardio tonight. My day started with me feeling very relaxed and peaceful inside, but by the end of the day it was a different story.
    The house closing process seems to be moving full speed ahead which is great. I feel bad that this process is falling on DH's shoulders given that I don't have time during the day
    Thanks so much for congratulating us on finding our retirement home. I've attached a few pictures

5x81s2w2vdjz.jpg
    uvun3dq8g0lc.jpg
    lkn173mm8jio.jpg
    7h2sjzmgr5rq.jpg

Laurie, so glad you had a nice weekend and congrats on the new dinnerware!! Those banners look amazing!! I knew you would finish them on time! I'll be cleaning a lot of week myself soon! LOL. My biggest concern are taking care of the barn doors all over the house and the aspen wood countertops.
    Great job getting your workouts in!

Us finding this house now totally made think what I always say about things happening for a reason. I just can't believe how many boxes it checked for us! We will move a few things but definitely not the entire house. We may be doing our own moving.

Tami, glad you had a nice weekend. I hear you on it being too short though! Congrats on the VB win!! OMG, you ladies must've looked so adorable with your santa outfits! Great workouts!

Thanks so much for congratulating us Tami. The trip was a great success and the weekend was definitely a happy one. It definitely gives me something to look forward to. 46 day's to go for that target day I've been dreaming of!

Laurel, so happy you got your things finally. You were so lucky the movers were so good making sure your things didn't get damaged! You have been a busy lady! Good job setting up your workout room!! Great job getting those workouts in!

Thanks again for congratulating us. It really meant the other house wasn't for us. The only thing we are going to change about the furniture is the sofa. It's very nice but it's a weave type material which will make a perfect cat scratching post. I have found a sectional I like so we will go see it at the store one of these days. Definitely something to look forward to!

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox + MM Triceps. I actually had to take the weight down this morning vs the last time, I think the Biceps work the day before wore the triceps out. Will be doing stretching tomorrow, since the rotation says it is my day off.

Tami, Awesome job on the workouts, and I hope that you have a good bootcamp class. 2nd place is good, and congrats on winning the best outfits. They really do sound fun. We have had the really cold temps also, winter came in like a lion for sure. We had an set of Corelle, and some of the pieces had chips in them. I convinced DH that if any of them hit the floor, they probably would shatter. We have had a couple shatter, and those splinters are horrible.

Laurel, I'm impressed that you are unpacking and decorating at the same time. Love that you got your workout space done before your dishes cleaned. :D Of course we have priorities. I'm glad to hear that so far so good on all your furnishings. Good job on getting in workouts, and still doing your unpacking also. YES I am going to the road trip, so I will be hitting the button on Friday. ;) Can't believe that I'm doing this, but I really would like to do one of these trips in my lifetime. Thanks for the kudos on the banners, I think they turned out fairly well.

Thelma, Your new home looks beautiful! That is the way our condos look when we go to the resort in Wisconsin Dells for Thanksgiving. You will have to investigate what product works best for wood, we have mostly pine and oak in our house, so I usually use the Murphy's and Liquid Gold. For the floors I purchased a steamer, and that works great. Good job on getting in some cardio, that has to help. To bad the rest of your day didn't go as well. Your DH is probably happy to take the load, since you are so busy at work. Thank you also on the kudos of the banners, I'm glad that you had such confidence in me finishing them. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ TOUGH BootCamp class last night. It was that same format from a few weeks ago “Pyramid” Style. This time it was up to 12 reps of each exercise. So an example: 1-Squat-1 Box Jump-1-Burpee, then 2-2-2, etc. until you are up to 12. Then she would switch the exercise and each round of “3” were tough. But we lived! LOL This a.m. was KCM Sculpting RX #2.

Laurel: I am so happy to hear all is going “so far so good” with the unpacking. I’m impressed as well about the decorating. I may have bagged the Christmas decorating so good on you guys for doing that at the same time! A Poinsietta on the table may have been my decoration. LOL Love that the workout room was set up before the kitchen! I bet you are so glad to have that going and get back into your normal routine. I hope you and Laurie get to meet up on the road trip!

Thelma: BEAUTIFUL!!!!! WOW what an amazing looking home. I am jealous! Congrats again and I hope things continue to move smoothly on that dream home. Thank you for the kudos on the Volleyball win. It was fun forsure. Good job getting in a little cardio last night.

Laurie: Excellent workout with Rock’m Sock’m + MM Tri’s! p.s. what is Liquid Gold? That sounds wonderful for my hardwood floors maybe? As I told Laurel, I hope you guys are able to go to the RoadTrip!!!

Have a great evening ladies ~ Talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies, just a quick update. No workout tonight. I had an ophthalmology appointment at 1:30 and left the place after 3:30. I got home an hour later cause I got stuck in traffic and I still had to work! Then DH tells me we both had papers to read from the loan officer, the loan coordinator and the realtor. We had 30 documents to review! OMG! I am brain dead! We're going through the mortgage stress period now. Everything is happening so fast!

Laurie, fabulous workouts! So glad you liked the new house. It was so easy to fall in love with it but most importantly, it felt right being there. It felt like it could be home. Sounds like those condos you guys go to are beautiful too!
    I have a steamer for the floors too. I'm not worried about the floors. I'm worried about those kitchen countertops. I don't know if they need to be oiled every so often. We're going to ask the sellers about the counters. I'd never heard of liquid gold either. It sounds like a great product! Thanks!
    DH always takes care of the mortgage paperwork because his job offers the flexibility of working from home. This week he will have to go to the office every day! Figures!
    Laurie, you did a really good job with those banners! Are you sure you didn't buy them at a store? LOL

Tami, glad you survived another killer BC class! Great workouts!
    Glad you like our new house too! I can't wait to move in! So far things are moving in the right direction. Tomorrow we have the house and termite inspections. The realtor will be there for us.

Here is a picture of the master which has it's own screened in balcony with a real fireplace.
    nubsxvw2t28x.jpg

Hi Laurel!
    Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was wonderful with Yoga Warrior 365 Versatile Warrior. Really did feel great, and now I know for sure that I need to get my stretching done each week. Missing Saturday really made me realize how stiff I can get if I don't do something. Doing YW 365 made me want to do them more often also. Just wish I had a ton of time to do them.

The Liquid Gold is made by Scott's, it is an oil that you can use like furniture polish. I put it on all my woodwork and kitchen cabinets to preserve them from drying out. They also make a product for floors. It has a stronger almond scent, so you need to be able to handle that. It usually is by the furniture polish at the store. Here is a link on the different products that they have. https://scottsliquidgold.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7amwlPCI3wIVmEoNCh2tSwWNEAAYASAAEgI6LPD_BwE

Tami, Sounds like a great bootcamp class, you have to burn a lot of calories during a class like that. Good job on the Sculpting Rx workout also. After this rotation, I'm going to be doing some KCM workouts. When I was a little girl, my sister and I put Liquid Gold (not for floors version) on our steps and my Dad fell down the stairs because we where "cleaning". They couldn't punish us, because we where cleaning. But we never did anything like that again. But they do make a floor version, it just requires you to not walk on your floor for a period of time. It does make your finished floors look awesome. It would be awesome to meet Laurel at the road trip.

Thelma, That bedroom looks stunning, you will really enjoy some peace in that room. Dang that paperwork, but it shouldn't take to much longer for everything to be settled. Good idea to get the low down on how to take care of the counter tops, you don't want to do something wrong. LOL about the banners looking like purchased ones, that's a great compliment.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Still working around the house but I think I am beginning to see the end in sight. Can’t come fast enough! Putting the finishing touches on the Christmas decorations and getting the house clean and all that today. At least we are box-free in the house and can get our cars in the garage. Two major hurdles conquered! Yesterday I did another short workout which was a combo of Cathe Live workouts (Cardio Fusion and Cardio Glutes and Core). Today I decided to lift heavier for the first time trying to prep for Body Beast and did STS Disc 13, which is the first upper body workout for Meso 2. It felt really good, though I know I will be sore tomorrow. For cardio, I did Cathe Live HiiT It, Strike It and Crunch It. The workouts really do give me more energy for this moving process, that’s for sure. Getting out of bed each morning has been a challenge but once my workout is done, I am good to go.

Laurie, yay for the Yoga! I cannot wait to get a good stretch in.....hopefully on Saturday. My body so needs it. And double yay for the road trip!! I will be getting my hair fixed (which it desperately needs right now :# ) when the reservations go on sale so hopefully they won’t sell out right away. I really want to do this and can tell that just the idea of it is getting me refocused on trying to clean up my diet and get back to better workouts. So fingers crossed!

Tami, sounds like a tough Bootcamp class.....again! I don’t know how you survived. :p Trust me, if it was up to me, the only Christmas decoration in the house right now would be a bag of Reese’s Trees. B) But DH was all about decorating, which is a little unusual. And, of course, he is all about decorating as long as I do it! :o But the house does look very nice, and it is the type of house that suits the holiday. So.....four Christmas trees later.......sigh. At least that is fewer than last year. :o:o:o

Thelma, your new home is beautiful!!! It looks absolutely stunning. The mortgage process gave me a headache, that’s for sure. So I understand and sympathize with you right now. But at the end of it, that picture perfect house will be yours! So happy for you.

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my job is definitely slowly killing me! I pushed myself to do a little cardio just so I'd get to move.

Laurie, glad you enjoyed your yoga routine. Stretching is so important!
    Thanks for sharing how you use the liquid gold!
    We love that master bedroom. It is similar to our current master with all those windows but 100% better.
    You really did an amazing job with those banners my friend! Congrats! What did the people at church say?

Laurel, good to hear from you! You guys are amazing! I can't believe you're all unpacked and still had time to do your Xmas decorations! Great job getting your workouts in! They definitely give you energy. I know that is why I'm extra tired because I don't have time do to what my body really needs! Hopefully this period of my life is going to end soon!
    So glad you liked what we hope will be our retirement home. It will hopefully be ours on 12/28. I can't get excited about it just yet. Thank God it is furnished cause I am not a decorator! LOL
    I can't wait for this house mortgage process to end. I think the only thing we owe them now is the home insurance which DH is shopping around for. The house inspection was done today. We are waiting for the termite report from the exterminator. Getting there!

Hi Tami!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was ICE Metabolic Total Body + MM Chest. I was super tired last night, and fell asleep while watching tv. I don't usually do that. I'm off tomorrow, so today is my Friday. We also have our holiday party here at work today.

Laurel, Great job on those workouts, unpacking and decorating all at the same time. Now I know why I fell asleep last nigh, it had to be from reading all the things that you have accomplished in such a short time. :D I hope that you are able to get on the list for the trip, you have the same thought process as I do. It will force me to take a critical look at my fitness and tighten up the eating. I've already started with the eating, but I know that Christmas will be a nix on that. But 4 months of really strict eating should do the trick. I have been reading up on what the workouts are like on the trip, and it sounds like Cathe takes a lot of the high impact out (because of the hard floors at these hotels). Of course I will modify if I have to, and will be wearing my brace. I think that is the reason I started the ICE series, I have neglected my Cathe a little to long. Of course I will be really interested in the new series when we get it. I think that I will be looking at those really hard during my vacation at Christmas.

Thelma, Good job on the cardio, but I'm so sorry about the job situation. Just keep thinking about that lovely house that you are getting, and that will take the stress away for sure. After all the paperwork is done of course. Sure sounds like it is moving along to that point. The people at church really liked them. One lady even said that they where traditional but contemporary at the same time. Now I'm gathering ideas on some new ones, and I want to learn how to paint fabric. I love youtube :D

Hi Tami!

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today feels like my first ‘normal’ day since mid-October. So nice to wake up at home, in my bed, plan my routine day that doesn’t include unpacking/decorating/driving 800 miles/carrying luggage/etc, and do a standard workout in my fully equipped workout room. Ahh! I can feel two months of stress finally letting go of me. :) So for today’s workout, I did XTrain All Out Low Impact HiiT Extreme and XT Core 1 followed by Cathe’s Live class today (which I did in real time!) called Let’s Talk Legs. This wasn’t a super intense class but it did catch up in my legs at the end. Cathe didn’t move too fast today, so it made it perfect for this tired body. Hope to do these live classes more often in real time now that we’re in central time. Keeps me from my clock watching (which is a bad habit of mine) since I don’t know how long the workouts will be. :D

Thelma, I am so sorry to hear work continues to be brutal. Closing in 22 days though!! That sounds wonderful!! It’s funny what you said about being happy it is furnished since you aren’t a decorator. Me too! And I was a little intimidated by this house we bought because it is the nicest house we have ever lived in and in a bit of an upscale neighborhood. And I am just....not upscale at all. B) Anyhow, we put our hodgepodge mess of furnishings in the house that we have randomly accumulated through all the moves....and it’s not too bad! But, boy, if I had the talent (and money) to do it right, I would not mind that at all. And it really looks like whoever decorated your new home knew what they were doing,

Laurie, another great workout. I am sorry reading about my day put you to sleep. ;) Just know you weren’t alone in falling asleep watching TV last night. :o DH wanted to hang pictures up and I was sitting at the kitchen table trying to tell him what went where because I simply didn’t have the energy to go from room to room with him. He finally caught on after the first room that maybe last night wasn’t the best night to do that. :D My eating has taken a hit since our move to Alaska and, really, over the past two months. And I found myself a few weeks ago thinking ‘ I just don’t care anymore’. But the problem is....I do care. I just need some motivation, and if this road trip happens for me, I think this will be it. I was thinking this morning that next month is my 10th anniversary on MFP, meaning it will be followed by my 10th anniversary of STS and my 10th anniversary of the weight loss. I don’t want to give up after 10 years! So fingers crossed this works out. I too read a little about the workouts and I know there is no step, which is good. As much as I love step, I don’t want to try it in public on the fly. :o And based on the comments she has made during the Cathe Live workouts recorded during her Glassboro road trips, she is aware of the number of workouts being done, so she keeps them fairly reasonable. I am all for that. And I have seen plenty of modifications, including one participant bringing her rebounder on the road trip. So if you need your brace, you won’t be alone. We’ll see what happens tomorrow!

Tami, hope you are well.

Off to get some breakfast and figure out my day of doing nothing. :p

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I missed you yesterday! So yesterday was Spinning after work, which was another great class. This a.m. I did KCM Build & Burn: Trim & Tone Intervals followed by Lower Body Tabata.

Thelma: Seriously what an absolutely GORGEOUS home! I didn’t realize it comes furnished. The decorator and furnishings that are currently in there look absolutely perfect. I know the paperwork can be stressful and seems never ending but eye on the prize! You guys will get through it and have your dream home very soon!!! WooHoo. On the job front, I am sorry that it continues to be so amazingly stressful on you. Hang in there is all I can say and focus on all the good things you do have going right now. If that can help. xo

Laurie: Great job getting in your Yoga Warrior yesterday, glad to hear it felt so good. Thank you for the info on that Liquid Gold by Scott’s. Sounds awesome, I may give it a try. That is a funny story (only because your dad was ok) about slipping on the freshly cleaned stairs. Yes, the BootCamp class on Monday was definitely a great one. Yay on gearing up for some KCM when you are done with your rotation. That will be fun. Enjoy your long weekend!! Yay. I am going to be taking Dec. 27, 28 and possible the 31st off as well. So looking forward to that.

Laurel: I bet your end at sight in your new home is keeping you absolutely motivated to just get it DONE! Seriously impressed with the fact you guys decorated (again). We still have nothing up. But fingers crossed we will do it this weekend, that is the plan. It sounds like we will be over at DH’s parent’s house on Christmas eve anyway and then just us on Christmas Day so it sort of seems pointless in my eyes ….. BUT if my stepson and his family stop by we don’t want to look like The Grinch House. LOL It will probably help my mood too during the holiday vs. the sads and gloom of missing my mom. Fabulous job on the workouts!!!! As always you are killing it right & left … way to go. Your new home and neighborhood sounds very fancy and wonderful. You deserve it!! So are we set for this Sunday or do you need more time for the BB BULK Rotation? Are we doing the rotation right from the series then or something else? Just so I know what to plan for.

Have a great evening ladies ~ Talk to you tomorrow! Friday and our Christmas Party is tomorrow after work.
    Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, quick update. I am feeling awful about not being able to do a proper workout! I hate it! I managed to get a little cardio in. DH hopes that after this crazy week with all the mortgage paperwork things will start to settle down next week. Poor thing he's had to do 99% of the work.

Laurie, great job with the metabolic workout. I hope you have a wonderful long weekend!
    It must've felt great to hear people's comments on your banners. How did you get the words on them? Did you paint them?

Laurel, so happy you finally had your first normal day in a long time! I can't wait for my first back to normal day to get here! Awesome job with your workouts! What kind of floor do you have in your workout room? will it be a good jumping floor? I think I will still have a jumping subfloor built as I did in our in our current home.
    If the new house came unfurnished there is no way I could've made it look as nice as the owners did. We do need to replace the sofa. That kind of material doesn't work with cats and I'm sure they will use it as a scratching post. I want a sofa in the same shape and with a chaise lounge also. The only one in our price range that I can find is a dark brown. I think it will be OK given the kitchen cabinets and doors are dark brown. This house will also be the nicest house we've ever had. Our furniture would not have worked in that house.
    I'm sure you did a beautiful job decorating your new home!

Tami, fabulous workouts!

Thank you so much on those nice comments on what we hope will be our future house. I wonder if they hired a decorator because I agree that all the furniture and decor are perfect for that house. The log furniture is big in Blue Ridge for those type of cabins. We're starting to see the light at the end of the mortgage paperwork tunnel! I have been trying very hard to focus on the new house and blessings coming our way.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies. Thank God Friday is finally here! 9 more work days before Xmas vacation!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies,

I am officially going to the Cathe Road Trip, I'm very excited. My workout for today was ICE Lower Body Blast + MM Shoulders + Icy Core 2. Still loving that LBB workout. After this I'm going to head out to the store to get baking items, so it will be a baking weekend. Oh I forgot to tell you all that my boss was shuffled to a different position, so I will be getting a new boss soon.

Laurel, Great job on those workouts, and for the fact that you may get to try out those live workouts when they are happening. I'm glad to hear that you are finally done with all the unpacking, and that you are getting back into your normal routine. Of course now you get to enjoy sunshine, that will help a lot with the working out also. I'm really needing to focus on my eating for sure, and now I really do have the motivation to do so. I'm actually excited about having that to focus on, and I know that DH is willing to go along with me. He wants to lose some weight, so isn't apposed to what I create in the kitchen during the next few months. Hope you are able to get your ticket for the trip.

Tami, Nice that you had a good spin class, and of course the KCM workouts. Try out the Liquid Gold on a test spot it you are using it on your floors, and someplace that you usually have a rug over. Just in case. Nice that you will be off those days during Christmas, I'm looking forward to it. We will be going up north to visit my parents, but I'm off for 13 days, as my co-worker reminded me. :D

Thelma, Don't feel bad, you are going through a lot right now. I'm sure once everything settles down you will right back on the workout bandwagon. So far I'm having a great day off, it sure is nice to relax and enjoy my coffee in the morning. Getting those letters on the banners was an interesting thing. We used painters tape in layers, and then printed out letters. DH put that on top of the layers of tape, and then he used an exacto knife to cut them out. Once the letters where cut, we then laid tape over the top the top of the cut out tape. We pulled the layers of tape off the cutting board, and onto the fabric. I then painted the letters. It was my idea to do it this way, which kind of surprised me that I thought of it. Usually DH is the engineer for things like this. :D

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 15/Back and Biceps followed by Cathe Live Boxing, HiiT and Core. Also finally got a chance to get my hair taken care of and it feels good to be presentable again. :) I also signed up for Cathe’s Road Trip in May!! So excited. Like I said yesterday, I think this is just what I need right now to get me back on track, especially with my diet. I need to do something because between this move and the holidays..... :o .

Tami, great workouts! I understand the feeling that decorating at the holiday is kind of pointless when it is just you and your DH. It has been like that for my DH and I most every year. But I do it every year because I love so many of the memories attached to our Christmas ornaments, so I actually enjoy the decorating part. That first Christmas after losing my mom was super tough (not helped by getting the news we would be moving from Florida 10 days before Christmas), though. I hope you do whatever you can to keep the sads away as much as possible....whatever that is. Anyhow, I am ready to go with Body Beast Bulk on Sunday if you are. I think I will do it for about four weeks or so when I think we will be getting the new workouts from Cathe. Then I am going to then do those new workouts for a few weeks before going into another STS (3 month) rotation in early February. Or at least that is the very rough plan for the moment. :) When I was working out this morning, I remembered I didn’t actually have a plan for my Body Beast rotation....so I have kind of made up one of the fly. Right now, I think I am going to do this:

Sunday-Bulk Chest
    Monday-Bulk Back
    Tuesday-Bulk Legs
    Wednesday-Bulk Shoulders
    Thursday-Bulk Arms
    Friday-Random Lower Body workout

I really want to hit the lower body twice a week right now, which is why I am deviating from the original Bulk rotation. What do you think? Let me know! I am so looking forward to getting back to some form of rotation right now.

Thelma, hope things calm down soon so you can get back to taking care of you. I think it is amazing you are finding any time for working out right now so kudos to you! My workout room is carpeted and upstairs, but the flooring seems pretty sturdy, at least in relation to our house in Florida (where we knew we were eventually going to have to reenforce the floor at some point). DH isn’t afraid I am going to come crashing down into the kitchen or living room when I am jumping, so that is good. We will see over time how it holds and how the carpeting takes the wear and tear. The rest of our house (minus two other rooms) is engineered hard wood, but I know I don’t want that in my workout space since it has already proven not to be at all durable. So if we replace the flooring I have no idea what we would do with it at the moment.

Laurie, hope you are enjoying your day off!

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. We had a good, busy one. We spent most of Saturday with my BIL and his wife. We shared our news on the house with them. They're very happy for us.
    No workout for me on Friday but on Saturday I did a Leslie Sansone walking workout. Today I actually was able to do Bulk Legs and a little low impact cardio.

OMG Laurie, I am so excited you're going to Cathe's Road Trip! I can't wait to read all about the road trip experience!
    Great workouts! How was your bakeathon weekend? I'm glad your long weekend started great. I hope it continued on that path.
    WOW!! You and your DH are so talented! That was quite a process getting those letters painted on!

I hope you get a good boss! Good luck!

I hope things slow down for me. There is a light at the end of the tunnel; which is something I have to keep reminding myself.

Laurel, you also get to go on Cathe's road trip and you'll get to meet Laurie! That is so exciting! I hope you found a good hair stylist! I'll have to find someone who can handle curly hair when we move!
    Awesome job with your workouts! I like the idea of working the legs more frequently Laurel.

I hope things calm down. I'm thinking by mid-Jan things will be better. Thanks for the kudos on my attempts to getting some workouts in.
    It's nice that your workout room is carpeted! Mine will be in the lower level and I believe the floor is engineered hardwood. We will definitely have to protect that floor somehow.

Hi Tami!

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yes I had a bakathon and shopping this weekend. On Saturday I got all the dough made, there are still two cookies that need to be baked yet. I couldn't get myself motivated yesterday to do the cut outs. That will be something that I hope to accomplish tonight, maybe dd will help me. I had something wrong with my shoulder/neck. I couldn't look over my shoulder on my right side, so I didn't do workouts this weekend either. This morning there is a very slight feeling, but I can move my head from side to side with no problem. I did a boxing workout with Kelly and did TLC combined workouts premix. I'll take it down a little this week, to see if I'm okay and start up with Cathe again hopefully next week.

Laurel, Oh wow, can't believe that we will be meeting. I know another person that will be there, so this is going to be fun. I'm going to be indulging during Christmas, so the new year will be my true test for getting into shape for the road trip. Great job with getting in those workouts, and gearing up for the Beast workouts. I'm sure that you will have a great time with those.

Thelma, Good job on the Leslie and Beast workouts. Glad to hear that your BIL and his wife are so happy for you with your new purchase. I'm super excited about the trip, and DH didn't even question why I was going. He said have fun. :D He's even on board for the food, but he said it has to taste good. I bought the new Skinnytaste cookbook. Have you seen it? She uses crock pots, Instant Pot and the Air Fryer along with a few other things. The recipes look really good.
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope you all enjoyed the weekend. We spent most of the weekend putting some finishing touches on the house. Still miles to go on it in areas, but we have all the time in the world (I hope!) to keep chipping away at it. It rained all weekend as that huge storm front passed through...and now we are getting some snow! Nothing of substance but it makes it feel like Christmas. :) For workouts this weekend, on Saturday I did Cathe’s LIS Yoga Max which felt SO good on my body. Yesterday was the start of Body Beast so I did Bulk Chest. I took the weights down a bit which I think was smart. But I was surprised how strong I felt with it. For cardio, I did Cathe Live Boxing and Leg Blasts.

Today I did Bulk Back, and then I tried something different. Way back in Alaska, I had tried to use Cathe’s workout blender, but I couldn't get the workouts I created to play uninterrupted when I plugged my iPad into my TV (the workouts stopped at the chapter break). But in Alaska, I also couldn’t use the app for Cathe On Demand. Well, since we have been here, I have been able to use that app with no problem, probably due to better internet service. So today I decided to see if I could do one of the very few workouts I created in the Workout Blender....and it worked! The only downside is the workout nearly killed me. :):o:);) . I had created a 77 minute workout piecing together all of the ICE Blizzard Blasts, hoping to create something similar to X77. It was a great workout, but it was very tough! And I kept my step at six inches for both the Low Impact Sweat and Bootcamp Blasts....and stayed at Cathe’s weight selections throughout. So I unwittingly give myself a benchmark to try to improve on over the next several weeks.....trying to get the step and weights up a bit. But so happy to now be able to use the Workout Blender!

Laurie, I see we posted around the same time of Friday! Yay for the Road Trip!! I am so excited about it. My DH responded exactly like yours....he was actually pretty excited for me. I think he remembers back to when I had signed up for the Glassboro Road Trip Back when we lived in DC and I had to cancel it for some military thing. I think he is happy I have another chance to do this. I haven’t booked my flights yet but am thinking I will fly to Milwaukee instead of Chicago (since there are shuttles to the hotel from both airports). My experience with Chicago airports hasn’t always been great. :# But since you live there.....do you think that is wise of me? So looking forward to meeting you!! Great job with the baking this weekend! I am planning to do very little baking this year.....though DH keeps giving me a very sad look every time I say that, so we will see. :) I am sorry about your neck, though. Hopefully it continues to improve.

Thelma, glad your BIL took the news about the house so well. I am sure that eases your minds a bit. The lady who did my hair did a good job with it. I went to the Ulta here, and I do find Ulta stylists to be pretty consistently good. They are building a new one here which will be closer to our house, so I don’t know how long I will stay with this particular stylist, but it is always a relief to find somebody who can work with my difficult hair. :o Great job with the workouts....especially that Bulk Legs workout!! Such a tough one.

Tami, hope you had a good weekend.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I missed you all on Friday. We did have our Christmas Party right after work. It was at a new venue this year which is a beautiful lake home that rents out their finished shop. It was catered and very nice. We have out grown our office lobby to have our party. LOL That is seriously where they have had it for like 10 years. So any way, weekend was good. I accomplished a lot on Saturday and didn’t do a whole lot yesterday. I was hoping we would put up the tree if we are going to do it but I didn’t bring it up so it was a “no go” on tree or decorations. :( Saturday I did Cathe’s Afterburn since it has been on my mind since mentioning it what like 2 weeks ago. At any rate, as always it sneaks up on you for toughness I think. Yesterday I started up the BB BULK Rotation with Chest. I went slightly lighter with some of the exercise than I have my notes on “just in case” and it felt great. Today I will go to BootCamp after work and then BULK Legs will be tomorrow a.m. ;)

Thelma: You are a very busy woman and as we all know when life changes a bit you do what you can do for workouts! I know how it feels to miss them, but sounds like you were able to get them in and a good BULK workout as well! A corner has already been turned ~ New week ahead! Glad you guys are making it through all the paperwork. Very fun spending time with your BIL and SIL, I bet they are super happy for you guys.

Laurie: Congrats to you and Laurel going on the Road Trip!!!!!! That is going to be double-fun I think. You get to do a Cathe Road Trip + meet an amazing friend in person. Great job with your Friday workout and getting in your Kelly TLC workout. Hope your neck is feeling better today but sounds like the extra rest was needed over the weekend. Did you enjoy all of your baking? It sounds like a lot. Good for you, I bet it is fun to do and have your dd come over to help. One of my favorite Christmas time memories was all the sugar cookies my mom would make and my sister and I would decorate. Now it is a fond memory, at the time I enjoyed it for a while and then was “done” with decorating them. LOL Are you nervous about getting a new boss? WOW 13 days OFF will be amazing.

Laurel: That BLENDER workout sounds TOUGH! Whoa. Way to get it done. I have still never tried the X77 but don't think I would make it through without the "pause" button. Along with all the others you did Friday & Sat., way to go. Started up the BULK workouts with you despite not confirming on Friday, sorry about that. Thank you for posting a plan that you have in mind. I absolutely agree on hitting the lower body twice a week. I NEED it.

I thought yesterday, I’ll just start with CHEST and go from there. I am also excited to be going into a more structured plan. Maybe I will add on some short segments if I have time in the a.m. Hopefully I can stay accountable to it! Stop hitting the “snooze” quite so much. So legs will be tomorrow, etc. Congrats to you as well signing up and coordinating your trip for Cathe’s Road Trip! You guys are going to have a blast, I cannot wait to hear about it. I think I will tag along with your plan moving forward after this into Cathe’s NEW workouts. They look amazing! I think those and the Strong & Sweaty combined would be so much fun as well in the future. Since I still love those Strong & Sweaty Series so much.

Have a great afternoon ladies ~ talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I only had time for some low impact cardio. You won't believe this! I scored a punching bag with a stand from a resident in my town! They had the stand filled with water and thankfully they emptied it out! The unit is not heavy when the base is empty. It looks brand new! The lady had a bosu in the picture and I tried to score that too but she wasn't giving it away. These punching bags with stands are expensive! I don't have room for it in my current workout space so DH put it in the attic. I won't use it till we move. :(

I got my yearly review today and it was better than expected. It included a yearly increase and a bonus. DH was really happy about the extra $ because it will help us with the closing costs.

We were very happy my BIL took the news about the move so well this time. I'm sure it's because we'd had a 'dry run' when we were going to buy the other house. He's gotten used to the idea.

I have 7 more work days left this year! I can't wait!

Laurie, you were one busy lady this weekend! Did you taste any of the cookies? I can't bake cookies. I will be tasting them till they were all gone! I hope your neck is feeling better! Great job with your workouts! I love the skinnytaste recipes. I have the new cookbook but haven't tried any of the recipes yet. People on FB are loving the recipes. Gina is going to work on an air fryer cookbook which is wonderful! Do you have an Instant Pot? I'm afraid to use that thing but we love ours.

Laurel, great job with starting the BB rotation and for continuing to work on the finishing touches around your new home. I can't believe you had snow! Western NC got hit pretty hard. I heard today that they got the amount of snow they get during an entire season in one day!
    How exciting that your better internet service is allowing you to use Cathe's workout blender app! Is the workout blender part of the Cathe live service you have? Do you have on demand too?
    Who do you have for internet service provider? Who do you use for cable? Apparently in Blue Ridge the best ISP is ATT. If DH is going to work from home he needss high speed internet. Cable is questionable too. May have to go with Direct TV which is owned by ATT. Rumor has it that since ATT took it over the service is not very good.

I'm so excited you and Laurie will get to meet in May! I'm sure you ladies will have a blast!
    I'll have to see if Blue Ridge has Ulta hair salons. Maybe once we move it will be time to cut my hair short.

Tami, sounds like the office Christmas party was held at a very nice venue! Glad you enjoyed it. I guess the company isn't so small anymore! That is always a good thing! Great job with your workouts!!!
    We don't have a Christmas tree. Can't have one with these cats that find toy potential with everything! LOL

I haven't had a chance to look at Cathe's new videos but I bet they will be great.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I did Kelly's Circuit Burn Combined Premix, sure do love that workout. Got home a bit to late last night, so no cookie cutouts made. I'm hoping to get something done tonight. I have to make something for our department potluck and for DH's potluck on Friday. Mine is on Thursday. This time of the year is so busy. My neck is feeling way better today, don't know what caused it. Probably sleeping funny or something.

Laurel, I always wondered how a ICE weight workout would be, now you have confirmed that it is tough. ;) I'm really glad to hear that your getting to use your On Demand options. Great job on all your workouts, sure is impressive. I think going into MKE would be better, because MKE airport is smaller and your shuttle will have to travel to Lake Geneva from Chicago. With the traffic in Chicago that can be hours worth of being in the shuttle vehicle. MKE to our house is about a half hour, and from there about another 25 min. You will be traveling past my house to get to Lake Geneva, since we are off the Rock Freeway. I love that our DH's are so supportive of our exercise, they understand that it keeps us happy.

Tami, Sounds like a really nice party. I'm sure your food was much better than ours here at work. They spent a lot of money for dried out chicken. :p Awesome job on your workouts, looks like you are ready for the Beast. Glad that you where able to get in Afterburn also. I have never attempted that X77 either, I can hardly make it through two at the same time. :D My dd's where the same way with decorating the cookies, toward the end the colors started to get pretty scary. :D I can't believe that Laurel and I are going to be meeting either. Maybe one day we all will be able to get together too. Enjoy your rotation, I'm sure that it will help you get through the holidays this year. Truthfully I'm not nervous at all about getting a new boss. I have had so many during my years that it has gotten fairly easy to train one and they go away. :D

Thelma, Congrats on the review! I'm sure that extra money will come in handy. So I had to look at how many days I have left, since you mentioned yours. I only have 5 more after today. How wonderful to think about it that way. I did taste test them, just to make sure that I did everything correctly. I made a new cookie that has the candied fruit in it. I actually am one of those weird people that like fruit cake. These cookies are even better than the cake. ;) They will be in my cookie rotation from now on. I like to try at least one new cookie per year. I have gotten rid of some, if people don't eat them anymore I don't make them. I highly recommend Ulta Salons, and not because my dd works for them. I have noticed that the stylists are all fairly competent. If you let them know that you have curly hair, they will put you with someone that can handle curly hair. They always give dd people with short hair, since she is very good with short cuts.

Have a great day!
    Laurie