Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ We had a TOUGH BootCamp class last night. Katy said she thought of it “on the fly” and could barely finish herself. IT was a Pyramid Style ….. but not like what we are thinking in Pyramid lifting. It was a set of I think 10 exercises that you do for 1 minute each. Then you take the last one off at the end and repeat until you are down to say 1 minute of Push-Ups since that was the first item. YIKES. So it was push-ups, wide leg squats, burpees, curls, lunges off the step, etc…. luckily burpees weren’t first because we probably did 100 push-ups. LOL This a.m. was S&S Upper Body.

Thelma: I am SO sorry to hear about your panic attacks …. That is not good at all. I hope you can find a way to take some deep breaths each day so they don’t get worse. Tell yourself “this is temporary” I can do this and praise yourself for all you do every day. Take the day in small sections. So sorry friend. {HUGS} to you. We are cooking for Thanksgiving. My in-laws and BIL are coming over. He is bringing his new girlfriend.

Laurel: Way to go on the workout today! What a combo you did. Funny, I have had After Burn on my radar lately …. Might pull it out soon. You’ve inspired me even more. It’s so good that even with limited equipment you are getting in great workouts! WOOHOO for that.

Have a great evening ladies ~ talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,514 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, just a little cardio and stretching tonight. It will turn very cold tonight right after the freezing rain we had today. The commute tomorrow will probably be scary.

Laurel, great job with your workout. So glad you've been able to do Cathe's live workouts during this moving period. Sounds like you have great neighbors!

I think work is definitely the cause of my panic attacks. We are looking forward to our trip to Blue Ridge next week. I hope we find something we like. I think you will need to add a leaf blower to your Xmas gift list! LOL

Tami, that BC workout sounds like a killer workout! Glad you survived it!
    I do have to find a way to control these panic attacks. Thanks for the suggestion to remind myself that 'this is temporary'. I hope you and your in-laws have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Even though the DOMS is catching up with me this week, I really enjoyed my workout today. I did Ramped Up Upper Body Double Back premix and Triple Bicep premix today. My triceps are still yelling at me from Monday’s workout, so I am a bit curious what my biceps will be saying later. :o I followed it with the S&S core work. For cardio, I did IMAX Live. So happy to say I finished the workout today feeling like I had more to give! I guess I am getting my stamina back.

Tami, sounds like a killer workout!! I couldn’t help but go :o when, after describing it and the 100+ push-ups you then casually mention that you did S&S Upper Body. :o:o I think I would still be laying on my workout room floor if I tried that. You amaze me. Hope you enjoy doing After Burn again. I think it just be over a year since I last did it, and it still amazes me how good that workout it. I know you mentioned earlier in the week that you feel you aren’t getting enough cardio. Having done nothing but straight, no-equipment-necessary cardio for a little more than two weeks, I can say that I think cardio is important for the heart (and, for me, my mood and energy levels)......but the body needs the weights more. So my thought is if you aren’t being compelled to do straight cardio right now, i wouldn’t give it too much thought.

Thelma, sounds like you are getting in what you can with your workouts which is fantastic. Tami gave you some great advise on the panic attacks. I will be so anxious to hear how your trip goes next week. Hopefully you will find your home!

Happy Thanksgiving my dear friends. It can be said often enough how thankful I am for your friendship, encouragement and support. Enjoy the holiday!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, no one let us go home early today so I only was able to get in a little cardio and stretching again. My biopsy results are finally in and it was a benign growth. Thank God we don't have to leave the house tomorrow because it will be very cold.

Laurel, great workouts!!! We are looking forward to our trip to GA next week. We have 6 houses and 3 lots to see. The lots are from the builder whose house we were going to buy in September. We'll have to see about location convenience for those properties.

Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving my dear friends. I am with Laurel in saying how thankful I am also for our friendship, encouragement, and support. You ladies are like family to me!

Thelma
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. We had our usual quiet one which is what we like. On Friday DH and I went out for brunch which was nice too. We had a chance to talk about our plans for the future.
    On Thursday I did XT CBS, XT Bi's & Tri's and more cardio. Tonight I did XT Lets and a Leslie Sansone Power walk, followed by a good stretch session.
    On Friday I bought Beach Body's Core The Force on a Black Friday special Amazong had. I got the basic set for $24 which seems to be a great deal. I'v not tried it yet though.

Our GA trip week is finally here! I can't wait to look at the houses I selected for our tour!

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope you all enjoyed the holiday and long weekend. We had a very nice, quiet Thanksgiving. We had a simple, but tasty dinner. It was nice to not be exhausted from cooking on Thanksgiving! We even had time for a nice walk in the afternoon because the weather was fantastic. The rest of the weekend we spent getting stuff for some early Home Improvement projects and preparing for household goods delivery......which, hopefully, will be Thursday. I am so beyond ready for our things to be here, that’s for sure.

I did some good workouts this weekend, despite the fact DH, while playing with the electricity, kept cutting off our internet during my workouts. :o Poor guy was just trying to figure out which circuit breakers went to what. Anyhow, on Thursday I did a Cathe Live combo of Fitness Fusion and Cardio Circuit Challenge Express. Friday was Cathe Live PHA 3 followed by the original Cardio Core Circuit. Saturday was ICE Low Impact Sweat 1 into Cathe Live Love Those Legs. Yesterday was Cathe Live Road Trip Upper Body and Core followed by Cathe Live Cardio Kickboxing and Cardio Barre. And today was Lean Legs and Abs followed by Cathe Live Step On It.

The end of this week, again, will bring what I consider to be the most physically brutal part of moving.....unpacking......so I am going to keep things pretty calm on the workouts this week. I would be lying to say I am not tired, but sleeping on an air mattress and living with little furniture is taking a toll on my body and energy levels right now. Given that, right now I am eyeing the 9th as potentially starting with Body Beast Bulk. I figure that gives me next week to lift a bit heavier in preparation for it while also getting at least four weeks of it in (probably) before Cathe’s new workouts arrive.

Thelma, glad you enjoyed your holiday. Great workouts over the weekend as well. Hope you are staying warm! I will be so anxious to hear how your trip goes this week. That is a good number of houses and properties to look at!

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies and Happy Belated Thanksgiving! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Ours was very nice having my in-laws and BIL over with his new girlfriend. She is very nice and he is GOO-GOO-GAH-GAH over her. :o WHOA. I hope things continue to go well for them or he may have his heart broken. She seems happy too but you just never know in the beginning. So I have done some good workouts every day except Friday, which was shopping and lunch with my BFF. That was fun to not have to be at work and get to do that! I thoroughly enjoyed being OFF work all 4 days. Wednesday was Spinning after work, was fun and a nice group showed up. Thursday a.m. was S&S PHA Training, Sat was KCM Strength & Stamina full pre-mix and yesterday I did Cathe’s Lean Legs & Abs plus a short walk with Bernie in the afternoon. He did great and no limping at all. I think the CBD/Hemp Oil is helping him. It was sunny and cold but nice out. Tonight I am headed home for my own workout …… DH is fishing for a couple days.

I also ditto the message to you ladies and thought of you all on Thanksgiving …. Beyond words thankful for your friendships and daily encouragement. This has been a heck of a year for me and you have all been so supportive and wonderful listeners and friends. THANK YOU. :):):)

Thelma: I hope you have a fabulous trip! Way to get in the workouts as you can. I hope my little bits of advice can help on the panick attacks.

Laurel: Fantastic workouts you are continuing to get in!!! Can you send me some of your stamina please while I continue to try and regain that for myself. LOL Thank you so much for your thoughts on the non-Cardio workouts and my feelings about it. That really does make me feel better. I think it is because I naturally think it is important and I “should” be doing more but understand that I am getting several cardio workouts at the gym just with Spinning and BootCamp. Then at home when I do it and feel like “whoa”, what’s happening it again makes me feel like I should be doing more. Just getting my motivation back is what I have cared about mostly. The tougher workouts will come. But again …. Thank you. Hoping to get in AfterBurn this week. Almost did it this weekend and reached for others. Body Beast Bulk starting up on the 9th sounds great to me! ;)

Hi Laurie

Talk to you ladies tomorrow, Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight was XT Bi's & Tri's. I took care of what I need to take to GA over the weekend. All I need to do is pack my clothes and toiletries. We've had warmer temps and it's been raining since last night but tonight it rained pretty hard.

Laurel, glad you had a great holiday with your husband. I can't imagine what it feels like to sleep on an air mattress. The only time I tried that was over 25 years ago and the mattress didn't retain the air in. I didn't sleep that night! LOL
    Great job with your workouts! Those Cathe live workouts sound wonderful! I hope you get your furniture on Thursday!
    We've added two more properties to our tour. We are meeting our broker at 9am on Thursday. 3 properties are lots so those tours won't take long.

Tami, glad you had a great long weekend! How exciting about your BIL and his new girlfriend! Let's hope it lasts.
    Great workouts too!
    Happy to report that I've not had a panic attack in days!

Hi Laurie!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Just letting you all know that I'm back at work. Fairly busy, but not to bad. I have been keeping up with my workouts. Doing GHUTV workouts and yesterday I did FitSplit Boxing Bootcamp and ICE MM Triceps. This morning was ICE To the Mat Legs & Glutes. Not one of my favorites, but felt it needed to get done. :D I will have more to say tomorrow, just wanted to get on to let you all know that I'm good.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Pyramid Upper Body followed by Intensity. It felt good today. We are still on for Thursday and our household goods, which makes me happy. It will have taken 10 days to get them this last 170 miles from Atlanta. :o I am trying so hard not to be frustrated......but I am. Oh well. The wait will soon be over.

Tami, glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving and a fun day shopping with your BFF. If I had extra stamina, I would share. But, boy, it has been a struggle to convince myself to workout lately. :# Once I get started, I am okay. Not great.....but okay. But I can’t actually say I have thought ‘I feel like working out today’ since before leaving Alaska. I thought I would once we got into the house, but....not really. I think once I start sleeping better, get back to more normal eating and such, I will be better. Like you said perfectly, once the motivation comes back, so will the intensity. Right now, just pushing ‘play’ is an accomplishment for me. :) And getting back to a rotation like Body Beast Bulk will help too!

Thelma, great workout! I have to admit our air mattress is pretty nice. It sits up like a regular bed, so we aren’t on the floor. But when DH rolls over.....so do I (whether I want to or not! :D ) and vice versa. Makes for some interesting nights! So glad to hear the panic attacks have gone away. You have so much to look forward to this weekend!! Hopefully you have a great time and good weather. I know we are supposed to be in the 60s this weekend, which will be wonderful.

Laurie, thanks for checking in. Glad to hear all is well. Great job with the workouts. I was toying with that ICE To The Mat workout on Saturday.....but just couldn’t bring myself to do it. B) But after doing the floor work in Lean Legs and Abs....I need to get back to some floor work soon! :o

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ So I headed home last night and did ICE BootCamp! It was perfect since I didn’t go to Katy’s class. Bernie was happy to see me. IT is so dark and rainy this time of year and he is home alone so it was good for both of us. Today was Giant Sets Upper X2.

Thelma: Way to go with Bi’s & Tri’s! I bet you are so excited for your GA trip! Sounds like you are all ready to go. It is pretty exciting for my BIL. I hope it all works out for both of them. Yay on no panic attacks. Hope they stay away for good.

Laurie: Welcome Back to work! Good job getting in your workouts during your break. To The Mat Legs & Glutes is also one I ditto you and Laurel saying “not one of my favorites” but necessary at times. I did the Leaner Legs & Abs on Sunday and I really like that one, just has a little short Barre section and floor section in it. ;)

Laurel: Awesome combo you got done today! I am sure once you are settled in and have your bed, furniture, etc. you will sleep so much better and that energy level will be right back. Again, I cannot tell from the workouts you are putting together! After seeing you mention about Lean Legs and Abs the other day I realized we did that on the same day …. Love that the floor section is shorter than most. I’ve grown to like that workout more & more actually. :)

Have a great evening ladies ~ talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I had a horrific day at work and the exciment about our trip has been replaced with stress. I hope once we get on the plane I can relax. I didn't get home until very late so I didn't workout which is not good.

Hi Laurie! awesome job keeping up with your workouts!

Laurel, great job pushing yourself hard to workout! I wonder if you're not feeling motivated because you need to rest? Do you think your body has recovered from the entire move ordeal?

That air matress sounds like a water bed! I can just picture you rolling over when your DH does. Thanks for the laugh! I needed that! LOL. Maybe you're not getting enough sleep and that is why you are not feeling motivated to workout?

Thanks for the good wishes for our trip. I am taking my fleece jacket and my lite, packable down jacket because my weather app says it will be in the upper 20's at night. That means cold mornings too. I don't want to be cold!

Tami, you're having the same weather we are having! Great workouts! I'm sure Bernie loved having you home last night!
    I hope things workout between your BIL and his girlfriend! Not so excited about GA right, mostly worried about work so I hope I can enjoy the home tours. At least I'm not having panic attacks!

Have a great rest of the week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

First off Happy Belated Thanksgiving! Ours was really nice, and the food was delish. My MIL was surprisingly not to emotional during the day. My parents and family are all doing well, and we enjoyed the time at the Dells with them. It was nice to have Monday off though, just to decompress.

This morning I did ICE Metabolic Total Body + MM Chest + Icy Core 1. That is a fairly long workout for me, so I had to make sure that I got up earlier and not hit that snooze button to many times. I am checking out the ICE workouts to see how they fair with my knee. This cold weather that we are having is making the knee ache, so I have to wear the brace again.

Cathe's Chicago road trip is about a 30 min. drive from my house! Wondering if I should sign up. :o Getting excited about the new Cathe workouts, they really look good. Can't believe how many premixes she is creating.

Laurel, Awesome job on all the workouts! I'm impressed that you are getting those done with the motivation not being there. I would guess that when you get your own bed, you will start getting a much better sleep. I can't imagine why it has taken so long for your household items to arrive. Are they taking a pee break every 5 miles? :D Glad that you had a nice holiday, even though you didn't have all your kitchen items.

Tami, Great job on all your workouts. That To the Mat is grueling, but I sure felt it on some moves this morning during the Metabolic workout. I don't think that I actually have the Lean Legs & Abs workout. Probably should get that one, you all seem to like it. Glad to hear that you had a really nice Thanksgiving also. Very exciting about your BIL's new relationship, hope everything goes well for him.

Thelma, Sorry to hear about the stress at work. My dd had a panic attack this week, so totally understand what you are going through. Great job on your workouts! I'm glad that you had a nice Thanksgiving with just the two of you. I was looking at the Core de Force workouts, but didn't pull the plug on ordering. Probably should have. ;) You will have to let me know how you like it.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a good one. I did Cathe Live For The Love of Cardio into Cathe Live Cardio, Barre and Core Meltdown. It was about 90 minutes long, with the first half pretty standard cardio and the rest focused on lower body and core. I enjoyed it today. I am not sure what workouts, if any, I am going to be able to get in for the next few days, so wanted to get a good one in today.

Tami, another great workout. I, too, really enjoyed revisiting Lean Legs and Abs. I did the premix with the barre as well, and it felt like a perfect balance. I have to admit, all the Cathe Live leg workouts have me appreciating these lighter-weighted workouts more than I did before. :) I have no doubt my energy will pick back up once we are more settled.....and we get through the holidays. My mind is racing in so many different directions right now.....from Christmas cards to where to place the furniture back to Christmas presents for the family back to where to place the furniture part 2 B) that I shouldn’t be surprised to be a little tired.

Thelma, glad I was able to make you laugh. Trust me, there are some nights on that air mattress that have both DH and I laughing. At least we are keeping our senses of humor because if we didn’t...... :# . Actually, when I think that a month ago today I was meeting with the property manager in Alaska to turn over the keys to our house there.....and all that has happened since.....no, I don’t think I have quite recovered yet. I really hope you are able to relax and enjoy this trip. I will be so anxious to hear how it goes for you. Fingers crossed that you find your home!

Laurie, glad to hear you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. I am happy that your MIL was okay for the day. I am sorry to hear about your knee, though. Sounds like these new Cathe workouts may be coming right on time. I know I am looking forward to having more low impact options available. You know I would sign up for that road trip in a second if it were that close to me.....so I say ‘go for it!’ I will be honest, I have toyed with going to it as well. :) So if you think you might want to go and might want company......

I probably won’t be checking in for a few days since I will be buried in boxes and paper. But I will be back next week!

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I did ICE Low Impact Cardio #1 + MM Back.

Laurel, Don't work to hard with all the unpacking, but I'm sure that you are ready to place your items in their proper places. Great job on getting in that last tough workout before all the madness starts. I'm seriously contemplating signing up, and will let you know when I do.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I missed you yesterday. I was caught up in a very long report at the end of a day. At any rate, yesterday was Spinning for my workout and it was a great class! No workout today but planning on a good Total Body workout tomorrow a.m.

Thelma: Sorry to hear about the horrific day at work. :'( I hope you can enjoy your weekend despite what is happening at work.

Laurie: I am glad your Thanksgiving was a good one and that your MIL did ok. I bet it was really nice having Monday OFF to catch up on “life” before back to work. Always feels good. I am getting excited for Cathe’s new workouts as well. I haven’t watched the clips, are there some available now? WOOHOO. I think if you are interested in the road trip you should absolutely give it a try! How fun. Dang on the knee misbehaving in the cold weather but glad you are aware and using your brace. Thanks for the kudos on my workouts! Trying to just keep pushing PLAY.

Laurel: Another Awesome Cathe LIVE workout combo!! Way to work. Sounds like you more than made up for a “last chance” workout if you don’t get one in the next couple days. Although unpacking will definitely be a workout!! Good Luck and hopefully all of your belongings are in perfect condition!

Talk to you ladies tomorrow . . . . TGIF!! Tami

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I did ICE Lower Body Blast + MM Shoulders. Really love that LBB workout.

My Advent banners just need to be hemmed, dd finished painting the flame on them last night. She is so talented with paints. I will take some pics when I set them up in the church.

Tami, Glad to hear that your spin class was a good one, and I hope that your total body workout is awesome also. I have not seen any clips of the new workouts yet, but hopefully they will have them soon. It can be so hard to push that play button when we are all so busy. I'm glad that I will have Friday's off in December, and some time off before Christmas. I don't know how I would be able to get things done otherwise.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. We had a wonderful and very happy weekend but very sedentary :(

We found our dream home ladies! It was as if this house was built for us to order. After some back and forth negotiation, our third offer was finally accepted. The house is 2 years old and it was a vacation home to the owners. Everything looks brand new and the house comes fully furnished. It looks like something out of a magazine! OMG, when the broker texted me that the offer was accepted I ran downstairs to tell DH the good news and we both hugged and I just cried and cried. DH is getting his carport and an oversized, 2 car garage. I get barn doors, lots of windows and a huge stainless steel farmhouse sink. We are going to have to sell most of our stuff!

We are in the process of securing a load. Tomorrow morning our loan officer will find all the required paperwork required from us. If all goes according to plan we will be closing on 12/28 and we will be flying to GA on the 27th so we can be there for this very exciting moment in our lives.

When we got to GA it was cold so I was glad I took my lite, down jacket with me! When we finally got to Blue Ridge the temp was 30 and it felt like 24! We could see our breaths!
    Of all the houses we were going to see the one we're buying was the first one we saw. I wanted to make an offer right there and then and didn't want to see more houses. We did go through with the tour but only saw maybe 4 houses. Nothing compared to the one we're buying. It is so convenient to shopping too! We will be less than 10 minutes from the supermarket and 1.5 mls from downtown BR. This is way better than the other house we were going to buy before.

Tonight I did XT Legs and JS low impact cardio. That felt good! The rest of the time I tried to walk.
    Glad your MIL wasn't too emotional during the funeral. How nice that your family was there for her too!

Ladies, great job with your workouts!

Laurie, you should sign up for Cathe's road trip! I feel bad for your dd having a panic attack! Not fun at all!

Laurel, I hope you got your things by now. Did you unpack already?

Hi Tami! I hope you had a good spinning class!

Have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I had a really good weekend. Started out with receiving our new dinnerware, it has been 30 years with our current set, so we needed a change. Only one bowl was broken, but they are sending us a complete set. They don't want us to send the other set back. :o DH is setting up all the Christmas, so it is really pretty. On Saturday morning we both went to the church to set up for the Advent season, and my banners look great. I've attached the pics. I didn't get my stretch in on Saturday, but I will get that done on Wednesday. I spent the majority of my Saturday cleaning all the wood in our upstairs. I didn't realize how much wood is in our house with the molding, doors and stair rail. :D Love Murphy's oil soap, it sure makes everything look great. Sunday I got my hair trimmed and color touched up. Nice to spend time with my dd also. We had a cold rainy snowy weekend.

Sunday I did ICE Boot Camp Circuit + Muscle Meltdown Biceps, and this morning was Low Impact Sweat Cardio 2 + Muscle Meltdown Back. I'm following Cathe's ICE Level 2 Rotation so this will bring me right up to Christmas Eve.

Thelma, Congratulations on finding your new home! Sounds to me like it was meant to be not getting that previous house. This one was waiting for you. I really like that you don't have to move furnishings, that will reduce the moving expense. Unless you are really tied to a piece of furniture. Great job on your workout.

Have a great day!
    Laurie

• 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I had a nice weekend, but too darn quick! Isn’t that always the way of it though. So Saturday I did KCM Circuit Burn (#1 & #2 Combines) for a great 65 min workout. Then did some things around the house, ran errands and spent a little time with DH. Yesterday was our Annual Holly Jolly Volleyball Tourn. After a tight battle in the championship we placed 2nd. We did win the "best outfits". LOL. We had t-shirts that looked like santa clause beard and belt + festive socks. ONe of our players went in the a.m. to WalMart and bought them for all of us. It was a lot of fun. Prior to going I did KCM Sculpting RX #1 for a short “warm-up” style workout. Today’s workout will be BootCamp when I get off work. We have really cold temps this week and it even snowed a little bit during the afternoon. Should be nice and icy tonight.

Thelma: CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am beyond thrilled for you guys. Sounds like the trip was a great success and love that it was a “happy weekend”. So great. I hope this carries you through the week with tons of joy and a dream home to look forward to.

Laurie: Nice to hear you also had a really good weekend! YAY. 30 years, WOW. Good for you guys to get some new dinnerware. Nice that you did some deep cleaning on the wood. I love that Murphy’s Oil Soap as well. Smells so good! Great job with ICE BC Circuit + MM Bi’s and the LI Sweat Cardio 2 + MM Back workout. YAY on starting up a new rotation!

Hi Laurel - Hope the unpacking has been a success for you!

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami