Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

My workout this morning was Jillian's Killer Arms & Back Level 1, just as tough as the last time. So far I'm enjoying these workouts, and next week it changes to the Killer Body series. After yesterdays ab workout, I woke up this morning with my core muscles experiencing DOMS. When Saturday rolls around, I'm going to be very happy for a stretch. :D Knee is holding up really well, she doesn't have a ton of high impact moves in the Level 1. Level 2 looks like it is more cardio intense, but I know how to modify.

Thelma, Sorry to hear about you long day at work, I hope that your last few days of this week are better. I had some of the leftovers for work yesterday, and still delish. Surprisingly all the leftovers that I have cooked up this week are vanishing. I have no idea why, even the beets that I roasted disappeared. :D The Cathe workouts really look great, so I'm thinking Jan 1 is my start date on that rotation.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Happy “belated” Halloween! Not overly busy at work but I did head out for lunch so I wasn’t able to check back in when I returned. So yesterday in the a.m. I hit the snooze and then went to Spinning last night after work ….. it was a good workout. Music was a little different because she borrowed someone’s playlist instead of her own, but some good energy and fun. This a.m. was KCM Step Boxing / Workout #1. Lots of fun and the time went by quickly forsure.

Thelma: Great job again with the workout yesterday …. Love those tri-sets! Your back must be back to normal now would you say? Yay on the haircut. I am getting my hair done on Saturday a.m. just touched up and a “partial” hair color. No need for apologies at all Thelma, I am just happy to know I was finally on the right page. I have been off or behind so many times it feels like this year. I am actually in the last week of it technically but could just keep going until Laurel returns and we can do the Heavy Lifting with either Body Beast Bulk or Meso 3. So yes, keep me company until something changes again and/or we all decide on what is next. LOL I have done LIHI the first couple and XT the next couple, this week has been a little different. Mixing in the “Tri-Sets” workouts sounds good too.

Laurie: YUM on the dinner and great idea! I am glad it inspired you when I mentioned it. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Excellent job with the JM Killer Abs workout . . . bear crawls are always awkward and I think, maybe if I did these more often it wouldn’t feel so strange. I will definitely have to try that JM Killer Buns/Thighs workout and thanks for mentioning the weights.

Have a great evening ladies … we are having complete Fall like days. Dark/Rainy and short. Ugh.
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I only had enough energy for a little JS cardio tonight. So glad tomorrow is Friday!

Laurie, great job with your workouts and nice job on the ab DOMS too! So glad your knee is holding up well!
    I printed the recipe you shared last night. It really looks delish! Tasty food makes leftovers vanish for some reason!

Tami, Happy Belated Halloween! Did you get any kids? None here. Awesome workouts!! So glad you want to wait for Laurel to start the heavy phase! I am going to do Body Beast Bulk. You know how much I love those workouts and they're short as well!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I'm really glad that it is Friday, probably because I'm taking a half day of vacation today. Need to go buy some fabric for the banners, I don't like the one that I picked out for the main color. It is to light in color. This morning was Killer Buns & Thighs Level 1, so next week I will be doing the Killer Body workouts along with the Killer Cardio. I had forgotten that DH was working late yesterday, so I had another evening by myself.

Tami, Your spin class sounds like it was good even with the different music mix. Was that Step Boxing 2 that you did? Glad that you enjoyed it. Anytime that you have a similar recipe, I'm all for it. Last night was my salmon night, and since DH wasn't around I could cook up some brussel sprouts and butternut squash. I don't know why DH doesn't like them, I don't think he realizes how good they are when you roast or saute them. Oh well, more for me. :D I feel like I'm so un-coordinated when doing those bear crawls. I know they say to do the opposite hand and foot, but I'm usually moving the same one. I figure that if I'm in that crouch and moving, I'm accomplishing something. :D We are in that same dark/rainy. I'm usually driving to work with the lights on, guess that will change on Sunday when we get that hour back.

Thelma, Nice workout! Jessica workouts are really good for a low energy day. There is now salmon in the fridge, so I'm sure that my dd will be making that vanish also. Enjoy your weekend.

Have an awesome weekend!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I had a restful weekend. We had a pretty rainy and windy Saturday.
    On Friday I did ICE Metabolic Total Body. On Saturday Jessica Smith Barefoot Fusion and tonight Slide n Glide, JS lower body Barre, stretching.

Laurie, good job with your workouts! What are you making banners for? I hope you had a nice 1/2 day off. I am taking next Friday off. I can't wait!

Hi Tami and Laurel!

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday DH's father passed away. DH and his brother where there, but his mother didn't make it in time. Having been there, I think it was for the best that is happened that way. She was with him earlier in the day for a couple of hours.

Saturday I did stretching with Tony Horton, and did Stretch X. Sunday was Jillian's Killer Cardio Level 1, and this morning was Jillian's Killer Body Core.

Thelma, Great workouts, and I'm glad to hear that you had a relaxing weekend. I'm making Advent banners that look like candles. I'm done with the creation, but I still need to do the flame and the wording on the candle. I did have a fairly good 1/2 day off because I manged to get all my errands done. On Saturday I was able to finish them, so hopefully they will be finished by Dec 2. I'm cutting it kind of close.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies and Happy Monday! Weekend was pretty good, goes by way to fast. So Saturday a.m. I went in for a hair appt and then we went and had lunch later in the day when she finished her other client. So no workout that day, due to running errands including Costco. YIKES, that counts as a workout right?!? Yesterday was Great Glutes and then our Volleyball games. We won all 6 yesterday, which was lots of fun. No workout this a.m. (my norm for Monday’s) {insert sigh} but I will go to BootCamp tonight.

Thelma: Sounds like your back is still doing good and you are able to get in some workouts that you enjoy! So funny on the ICE Metabolic TB, that is what I had planned for Saturday but due to getting up early for my appt I didn’t get up even earlier and/or later in the day after everything else. The point is, I was on the same wave length. LOL So Halloween, we did get kids this year. DH had 7 knocks at the door before I came home from Spinning and then none after that. That is the most we have ever had. YES on doing BB BULK when Laurel returns, that will be great!

Laurie: Sorry to hear about your FIL. I am sure your DH and his brother were glad they were there. It is good your MIL was able to see him shortly before. Just sorry for all of you and your loss there. Never easy going through that. Hopefully she is doing ok? You are getting in some more good JM workouts, way to go! Yum on the brussel sprouts and butternut squash … my DH is the same way. He will take the brussel sprouts but nothing in the form of squash. LOL I’m with you on the bear crawls, if I am feeling it in anyway then I must be doing it ok; whichever hand and foot go first or together. Katy used to have us do those all the way across the gym as fast as we could go. WHAT!? I would start laughing so hard I could barely finish.

Hope you ladies have a great evening! Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, what a day! I was in meetings all day long! Tonight I did Total Body Trisets-Chest, Shoulders, Triceps Premix, Lite cardio, stretching. Tomorrow we have our yearly R&D kickoff which is held a hotel nearby. I'm only going in the morning because I have my yearly physical in the afternoon. I couldn't have planned my physical better because this offsite is sooooo boring!
    Today was DH's bday. We will celebrate on Saturday which my BIL and SIL.
    Having another rainy night and it will rain all day tomorrow too. We are having warmer temps like in the 50's.
    DH and I will be going to GA to look at houses. Sadly, the house we were going to buy was sold to someone else. We were about to re-submit our offer when we found out the house had gone under contract. The builder is starting to build other houses but I'm not sure I will like the area so we will see at the end of the month.

Laurie, I'm so sorry about your FIL. My deepest sympathy to the family. Too bad your MIL wasn't there but at least the boys were with him when he passed.
    Great job getting some workouts in and for making those advent candles! I'm sure you'll be done with the candles by Dec 2.

Tami, glad you had a nice weekend! Congrats on winning all 6 VB games! Great workouts!
    We were definitely on the same wavelength with the metabolic workout! I am so glad we don't get trick-or-treaters because I can't say no to candy!!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Last night we all went to DH's moms house, and had dinner and visited as a family. It was nice, and it got my MIL to relax a little. This morning's workout was Jillian's Killer Body Upper. Thank you for your thoughts, the funeral service will be on Tuesday of next week. I will be off from Friday of this week, and back to work on Wednesday.

Tami, Yes I think that all you did on Saturday counts as a workout. :D Congrats on the volleyball wins, it sounds like the team is really doing great. Don't force yourself to do that Monday morning workout, you are still getting your class in. Great job on the leg workout also. Right now my MIL is busy with arranging things, so she doesn't have time to think to much. Once she is alone, I'm sure it will be different.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts! Nice that you are getting out for the last half of that meeting, the afternoons for those type of things can drag. Happy Birthday to your DH! Nice that you are able to get to GA again to look at houses, I'm sure that you will find something that will be perfect. Thank you for the confidence in my ability to finish those banners. ;) I will try to post a pic when I am done.

Laurel, Hope your travels are safe.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Good BC class last night minus the fact it was SO full! OMG. The room we have it in is usually plenty big an it felt like people were right on top of one another. She did a format very similar to one she did several weeks ago. 1 minute each of 6 exercises. Legs-Upper-Cardio-Legs-Upper-Abs. This a.m. was RWH Upper Body Circuit.

Thelma: Sounds like a very long day at work. Way to go with your Tri-sets workout! Great job. I think next week I will put that one down for one of the Upper Body parts days; always love that format. Glad you are able to leave your offsite meeting today for a fun doctor’s appt! LOL Hope all goes well there for you too, as I am sure it will. Very fun you will have a B-Day celebration for DH Sat.

Laurie: Glad you were able to visit with your MIL and get her settled down a bit. Poor woman. Excellent job getting in your JM workout this a.m. We do have a great team this season, hopefully we all stay together through the winter and spring league as well.

Hi Laurel ~ Hope all is going well for you!

Talk to you ladies tomorrow, Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I only got low impact cardio in tonight. For some reason, I had a sleepless night. The offsite was boring as usual but at least I was not there all day. I went for my physical and all is well. I am due for a bone density test and that will be done on Friday along with my lab work. I got a tetanus shot. I guess I was due for it. The doctor recommended I get the shingles vaccine. They didn't have any so she gave me a prescription. The vaccination nurse told me I should wait a few weeks before I get the shot. My doctor is worried about my work life and the fact that I'm not taking very good care of myself exercise wise. I am worried too.

Laurie, I bet your MIL appreciated having everyone visiting and spending some family time with her. Good job getting the upper body workout in.
    Thanks for the bday wishes for DH! Can't wait to see the banner pictures! You're so talented!

Tami, so glad you enjoyed the BC class and good job with the upper body circuit workout!
    I also enjoy the Total Body Trisets format. Saturday should be a lot of fun and we get to eat cake! LOL

I think Laurel was closing on the new house today. I hope it went well, Laurel!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

My workout this morning was Jillian's Killer Cardio L1. I'm really enjoying this rotation, I think it is because I can see a difference in my body by sticking to one type of workout for a few weeks. It surprised me that my knee seems to be improving also. I'm able to do a little more high impact without it getting bothered. So I'm going to continue with this rotation for another two weeks.

Tami, To bad on the full room of people, that really must be a little annoying to not have the usual space to move. Was that because of the Biggest Loser Challenge? It does sound like a really good format though. Great job on the Cathe workout also.

Thelma, Nice job on the workout. I had a bit of sleeplessness last night, that isn't fun to go to work tired. I guess that I'm going to have to have that shingles vaccine also, I see the commercials for it all the time. Do you have to wait on getting it because of the other shot that you got?

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ No workout this a.m. but headed to Spinning tonight after work, which is always good!

Thelma: I am glad your appt went well at the doctor. All the things that are added on to the list of “what we need” as we get older …. {sigh} Good that you talked to your doctor about your stress load, etc. I am sure he/she is worried. Hopefully things can change soon and that stress can let up. ;) YUM on having B-day cake, what is his favorite?

Laurie: Excellent workout getting in JM Killer Cardio and happy you are enjoying this rotation of Jillian workouts! Also, that is great the knee is doing better for a little more impact. Probably her workouts being lower impact and shorter has helped a lot. YAY. :) Yes, the full room is absolutely because of the Biggest Loser. I think next week is the last week of it.

Have a great evening ladies! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, no workout tonight. I was just way too tired.

Laurie, awesome job with Jillian's workouts! Is that a new series?
    I did ask the vaccination nurse if I should wait a few weeks to get the shingles shot. She said I should because last week I got the flu shot and this week the tetanus shot.

Tami, I hope you had a good spinning class!
    the list of things we need as we get older keeps getting longer! DH likes a cake called vanilla fruitcake. It's a white with custard between the layers, whipped cream frosting and fresh fruit on top.
    Stress won't get easy at all. We have this massive deadline of Feb 1st. I lost one of my guys to another project and even though I was promised a backfill position the big boss says he won't approve the req because he isn't convinced we need it. It's not looking good for us at all. I see more long days and working on weekends in our future. No OT for us! :'(

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Today is my Friday, so it will be a good but very cold day. We were at 32 deg this morning. :p My workout was Jillian's Killer Body Lower.

Tami, Hope that your spin class was a good one. That one isn't invaded by the BL people is it? :D I'm thinking that you could be right with the workouts, and I think because she doesn't use heavy weight for the lower body. It is more body weight exercises, and it may be making the knee area stronger. We will see if that is the case when I change up the workouts after this rotation.

Thelma, Glad you are taking care of yourself and not pushing things. Those are the times that we could easily injure ourselves. I'm part of a Jillian group on fb, and they had this rotation. It incorporates all the Killer workouts that Jillian created. It sounded fun, and I have never tried all the workouts together like she intended. I think I'm liking it because the workouts aren't long, but I'm still getting a really good workout. Next week I'm starting on Level 2 for the weight work, but staying with Level 1 of cardio still. I have noticed that the more I do the Killer cardio, the more calories I'm burning. Makes me think that I'm working harder each time I do it. Makes sense on the shot.

Have a great day, don't know if I will be online tomorrow.
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We made it to Alabama! I wish I could say it was an easy trip, but I really can’t. But we arrived safely, and only cracked one of our two windshields on the way. Coming through Alaska and Canada this time of year.....that was lucky. But the trip was long.....the first 2000 miles on snow and ice. :o We pushed those early days as long as we could to stay ahead of snow storms. The first night we stayed in a little hotel in a place called Destruction Bay in the Yukon Territory. It is the only hotel in 75 miles in either direction....and is really a gas station with rooms. We just stopped and asked for a room....,and were the only guests! I must admit, I kept thinking about Alfred Hitchcock and the movie ‘Psycho’ all night! But after Calgary, which was our fourth night into the trip, we finally left the snow and ice behind. We then had two pretty good days followed by another long day across South Dakota of heavy winds and rain. Then two days of heavy traffic, including me getting lost in St Louis when DH veered on to an off ramp that I wasn’t prepared to take, :o until we pulled into Huntsville yesterday afternoon. This trip was only 4300 miles, but it felt longer than our trip from Florida to Alaska because of the conditions. But since the plains are now being hit with snow....we consider ourselves very lucky with the conditions we had. We got to see some beautiful scenery along the way and took a bit of a break from driving in South Dakota so I could finally see Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands for the first time. It was nice to be able to spend just a few hours as a tourist along the way.

I did pretty good with the workouts too. I worked out five of the days on the road, which was more than I hoped. It was usually just 20-40 minutes of light cardio in the mornings, but it helped wake me up and keep me from feeling so ‘puffy’ from all those restaurant meals. Today I pulled out my bands and did a Cathe Live band and body weight for a little resistance, which felt good. After we close on the house tomorrow, I will move all my weights from the car into the house and start lifting again. I can’t wait!

Laurie, I am so sorry to hear about your FIL. I am sure it was a shock how quickly he went, but it sounds like he didn’t suffer too much from the cancer. Great job with your workouts through all this. Sounds like you found a routine that is really working for you.

Thelma, glad to hear your back is feeling better. Great job with the workouts. I saw you had some questions on that rotation I had posted. I hope you enjoy it. I planned on doing it for six weeks, and will probably try to do it for six weeks at some time down the road. I was getting some great results from it before we left Alaska.

Tami, great workouts as always!

Like I said, we are all set to close on the house tomorrow. I am so excited. DH and I drove out there yesterday, peaking into the windows and planning our new home. :) It will be a little while until we get our things, but I plan on moving into the house next week. DH may stay in the hotel a little longer since his company is paying for it.....and it has a bed. But I am ready to go home. So I will probably catch up with you all again next week!

Laurel

• 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Good Spin class last night. FULL house forsure and a good tough class. This a.m. I did Cardio Leg Blast. Have the house to myself tonight so I may be able to get something in. DH is gone fishing for a few days with clients and a donated trip he offered last year. House to myself for a few days. ;)

Thelma: Glad you gave yourself a break if you were just too tired. Poor woman. Spinning was great - - packed full class, but good. Katy even gave up her bike for one of the regulars so that a “newbie” could make it into the class. Your DH’s cake request sounds delicious. I am sorry to hear the Stress load is not going to improve ….. dang it. I always forget your don’t have OT. That makes it tough too, sometimes at least you can look forward to that extra $$$$. Hang in there! Retirement will come and you can enjoy.

Laurie: WooHoo for the short week! Do you have Monday off as well? We do, and I am so excited. No plans, just excited to have that extra day OFF. Since it has slowed down a little I am not asked to come in on weekends anymore so I will get to enjoy all 3 days. Deep cleaning is in order and DH will be gone fishing So I will probably do that. Our temps this a.m. was 25! WHAT. Beautiful outside right now but cold. It’s happening ….. WINTER is right around the corner. Yes, Spinning is also invaded by the BL contestants, so you HAVE to sign up or you don’t get a bike. Very glad that new rotation is working for you and you are enjoying it. Have you ladies heard the ETA on Cathe’s new series?

Laurel: Great to hear from you! Sounds like a very loooooong trip with adventures along the way. So happy you made it. Good luck this week with closing on your new home, hope all goes smoothly and you get to move in w/ furniture arriving very soon as well! Way to get so many workouts in. I always admire that you just make that happen one way or another.

Have a great rest of your day ladies and a wonderful weekend to you Laurie! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I was able to do XT Total Body Trisets-Back, Biceps, Leslie Sansone Walk, stretching. I'm off tomorrow which is great. The morning will be spent on medical appointments and in the afternoon I'll be running errands and doing food shopping.

Laurie, we've had warmer temps this week and I've only been wearing my fleece jacket. I think tomorrow will be colder though. Sounds like those killer workouts are giving you good results. Right now my body can't even handle jumping jacks!

Laurel, so glad you finally made it safely to Alabama!! How exciting about your closing day finally being here. OMG, that was a loooong trip. I would've freaked out if I had gotten lost along the way! That hotel at the gas station sounds scary!

So was I correct with this rotation being next:
    Late October/November—Heavy lifting. This would be a re-start of our current rotation. Last year I did the Body Beast Bulk workout. This year I may do Meso 3, but I haven’t decided yet. I may opt for Body Beast Build if I want something shorter.

Tami and I decided to wait for you to get started on this heavy lifting phase. I will start it on Sunday and I will do BB because I love these workouts and are always good for my body.

Tami, so glad you liked the spinning class! So nice of Katy to give up her bike so someone else could get a bike. Enjoy the time you have the house to yourself. I'm sure Bernie will love having you to himself! LOL
    Not getting OT for all the long hours I put in stinks.

Have a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

We have snow this morning! Not a lot, but enough to make it look really pretty. I am relaxing right now, and just finished Jillian's Killer Cardio Level 1, still surprised at how much I really am enjoying doing this one each week. Usually I get bored doing the same workout over and over again.

Laurel, I'm so glad that you made it safety to your new home. Sure sounds like you hit some rough weather along the way. Love that you where able to see Mount Rushmore also, we where there when the girls where younger. It is a site to behold. Did you get to see any buffalo? Great job on the workouts, I'm sure that it will be great to finally have all your belongings arrive and you can get into your regular fitness routine again. Sounds like you will really enjoy hauling the weights into your new house today, so count that one as a workout. :D Do a few bicep curls as you walk.

Tami, Glad that you had a good spin class and you leg workout also. Not surprised that you have to reserve a bike for the class, and it will all start up again at the beginning of the year. Always is interesting when that happens. Enjoy your me time this weekend, we are planning on painting the dining room this weekend. First have to strip off the wall paper, that will be a chore. I don't know if deep cleaning your house is me time though. :D Yes I have off on Monday as a holiday, and of course Tuesday is the funeral service.

Thelma, Glad to hear that you where able to get in a good workout. I'm going to be going out to do some shopping when my youngest gets home from work. Need to look at some trim for the banners. I had to pull out my winter coat for work yesterday. I have been wearing it for our morning walks, but didn't feel a winter coat was necessary to walk into work. Glad a wore it yesterday though, because the wind was really chilly.

Thank you ladies for all you kind thoughts during this time with my in-laws. I'm hoping that my MIL will be okay during this time of the year, I'm sure it will be difficult.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope all of you had a nice weekend. No workout for me on Friday because I had to get a biopsy for a growth I had on my face along the jawline. I was told to take it easy. The doctor didn't think the growth is cancerous. Hopefully, the results will be int his week.
    We had a great time with my in-laws and DH had a good bday celebration.

Laurie, I can't believe you already have snow! We've been having some low to high 20's at night so we might be next. I also had to break out a lite winter coat for tomorrow morning because the temps will be in the 20's when I leave for work.
    Congrats on finishing Jillian's Killer Cardio Level I workouts! Enjoy your long weekend!

Hi Tami & Laurel!

Good night ladies and have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma