WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    We are spending a quiet day at home. A bit of rest is very welcome. 😊
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,025 Member
    Flea great news!

Pip Oh no! Kirby fell! I hope he isn't sore.

Heather Enjoy your cruise!

Annie in Delaware
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    Flea great news!

Pip Oh no! Kirby fell! I hope he isn't sore.

Heather Enjoy your cruise!

Annie in Delaware

Yup the boy is sore and he has a 10k run on Sunday
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,328 Member
    Worked today but I got out late so I didn’t go to the soup kitchen. Seems I need to rinse the lettuce longer.

Debra – welcome!

Lanette – MIL and FIL used this attorney to make up the Trusts probably about 30 years ago. He’s in FL and every time we go down there we’re amazed that he’s still alive. When he did the trusts he was no spring chicken but he’s still going strong! We had to get some paperwork done when MIL passed. Glad your attorney is going to keep you on.

Meg – congrats to Alena

pip – I hope Kirby wasn’t seriously injured.

Flea – doing a happy dance for you

Debbie – It sounds to me like your MIL might be sundowning. My MIL used to “see” FIL at her condo, even tho he never was there.

Michele NC
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    Debbie -- my mil did have visions of the dead for a few weeks before she passed. They were like dreams, I guess, but very real to her.

I'm sorry you are having to go through this. Your mil is very lucky to have you and your hubby around.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Katla49
    Pip — I hope Kirby is feeling well enough to enjoy his 10K run. 🏃
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,804 Member
    edited June 2022
    kevrit wrote: »
    Silly me! I wished by brothers, son, and son-in-law a happy Father’s Day LAST WEEK! Lol my brothers got back at me as brothers do…. I’ll try again this week.

I would LOVE to travel but DH is a home body. I was in my glory the first year we had the camper. No drinking and exploring the country. But then, money ran out and we decided to do this hosting thing. I enjoy doing this but really really want to get back on the road. We have lifetime passes for New Mexico parks and the lifetime pass for national parks so could travel economically. BUT DH doesn’t want to give up his shop here at Bottomless. So here we are 5 years later in the same place. I do like it here but would like to travel. 2 trips last year to visit family by me alone bringing on much resentment by DH about money spent and family ( his do not talk at all). Jealousy mostly, so I limit those.

Sorry folks just dreaming on going to visit each and every one of you from the North Pole to Australia!

RvRita

We can't travel either, outside of Tasmania. 68,401 km² (26,410 sq mi) ... approx the size of West Virginia.

It's been 5 years, this month, since I've seen my family.

So I know a bit of what you're going through. :heart:

A couple weeks ago, someone at work asked me if I were going to take a holiday between jobs to go somewhere. My brain did not compute that for a moment. Go somewhere????

No, I'm not. I have a 4-day weekend between jobs. I haven't been banking holiday time for the past 6 months or more. I've been using it so that I work only 4 days a week. Why accumulate holiday time when there's no chance of going anywhere.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited June 2022
    CT this morning. Best news possible. No progression, and the three bone spots "show signs of healing." Very happy.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

:):):)
  • Machka9
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)<3Allie,congrats on finding a solution to your bed dilemma and at a lower price. Please don't lose sight of how much Carmine is hurting and struggling with their personal demons and always come from a place of love.

<3Debbie, Stick to your guns about your MIL. Her toxic behaviour is the reason no one is there for her at her time of need. It's not your job to fix and care for her, nor is it your husband's . Take care of yourself and continue to be loving but don't be a door mat.

:) As I listen to all the stories about yard care, I am so grateful for the decision Jake made in 2011 to move to a house with far less yard care required. We have just enough to keep ourselves entertained during the growing season.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Thank you!!
    I just got home from sitting there since 7:30 this morning. I did take her dog for a 30 min walk which was great. DH called and woke me up this morning, saying she was really altered. She was fine when I got there. My thought is, she was having nightmares(she has said her friends, that are all dead, have been coming to see her- )woke up screaming and crying which freaked dh out. He told me later she also didn't smoke any cigerettes yesterday afternoon or evening and she is smoking usually at least a pack a day so I am sure that didn't help with her bad dreams.
    I sat while he ran some errands and she slept in her chair. For just a moment, I saw her open her eyes, look up towards the ceiling and with this wonderful sweet smile(something I have never seen on her ever in the past 33yrs), just lasted a few seconds then she closed her eyes and went back to sleep. She was talking a little in her sleep but was calm.
    Dh feels he has to be there all the time, unless he is at work and he is calling in which he never does, because it is his "duty"- he is the only one left- there is no other family. One older brother who is in a home in Okinawa who doesn't talk to her and a niece who barely talks to her(she is in Osaka) because MIL accused her of stealing her jewelry when she came to visit 10 yrs ago.
    We will be hiring someone to help. We just don't know the extent yet.
    Good news is she is really liking the commode chair so she doesn't have to go up or down stairs so many times during the night.
    If she was calmer in the evenings and let dh nap he could handle it but evenings seem to be the time she is the meanest- yelling at him, etc(he also says she is yelling but sometimes just talking loud but yes, sometimes yelling- they both get loud)

Has anyone else dealt with people who have "visitors from beyond" not very long before they pass away??
    My FIL and dh's aunt(FIL's sister) both did. They would see them, talk to them.
    MIL is sure she is going to die soon.

My friend is meeting me at the Wetlands at 6 so we can walk for an hour or so. Hoping MIL is calm and I can stay home and he can stay there and go to work for a few hours. She will be fine is she acts tonight like she was all day today. Very calm, slept most of the time.

Rushed out this morning before I even had my tea- finally having it now- a bit late, hope it doesn't keep me awake-
    IF I have to go over there tonight, I will be sure to bring my own pillow and blanket and some snacks.
    He knows I am busy baking tomorrow for dessert auction at church Sunday so I won't be hanging out over there. I will go walk Kobe but that is it. Church on Sunday so no walk for the dog(at least not by me.) Monday, I will take my daycare girl with me to walk him.
    Dh works tonight and then is off until midnight Tues. night/Wed. morning for a full shift. His only full shift for the week.

Have a great weekend ladies.

Debbie,
    Napa Valley,CA

Read that booklet Lanette suggested. You might be able to locate a free pdf, or it could be in your library.

https://hospice-matters.com/the-little-blue-book/

https://bkbooks.com/products/gone-from-my-sight-the-dying-experience?variant=36961181171868
    https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/4979168-gone-from-my-sight

Machka in Oz
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    :)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited June 2022
    Tina after wine and food, I’d be “leaning” toward the minivan… :laugh:
    Michele do you have a favorite Heinlein? Or top 3?
    Dang pip, you’ve been busy! Hope Kirby is ok.
    Welcome @Debra7095
    Lanette, thank you so much for your suggestions.
    Don’t remember seeing any maintenance agreements in our title documents. It’s at least a mile long, our driveway is the second one in and two tenths of a mile from pavement. Then there are two more houses spaced widely, then at the end of the lane there are two houses close together, including the newest one. It’s narrow, windy, up and down with a STEEP ravine on one side. Maybe I misused the term “grading” though that was to smooth and spread gravel. Sure hope no excavations needed! October, yeah that sounds familiar. Here it might even be October ’23. “No Hurry in Curry (county) is a thing.
    Carol is there anything you can do to tide your renter over til next week? Fans? Swamp coolers? Tickets to a local water park?
    Barbie “Some people create their own bad fortune.” Sad but true. Brava for calling her every day, I’m sure she didn’t make it easy. Hooray for line dancing!
    Meg I’m a little jealous, Our home is all original 1986 complete with yellow bathtub, grandma print “wallpaper”, fake wood paneling everywhere. Joe says he loves it as is but I suspect he doesn’t want the hassle, disruption and expense of any remodeling. Replacing the roof was rough enough. I’d probably like it better if I took better care of it but… Mostly I just look out the window at the woods and the sea and am thankful. Sometimes I complain ;)
    Rita I too loved to travel before I married Mr. Homebody. No more Worldcons or archeological digs for me :sniff: Then again, Joe takes such good care of me and the dogs, I must remind myself to count my blessings. Maybe we could somehow plan virtual visits, via Zoom?
    Heather bless you for listening to your friend L. That’s probably the most you can do. Bon voyage!
    Flea, best news EVER!
    Debbie would MIL’s Dr. authorize hospice in home care?
    Machka good look!
    Katla a couple of smaller hummingbirds are visiting our feeders now, we think they were this spring’s hatch. Sometimes they bump into our windows when coming in to feed, does that happen at yours?

Got a letter from Oregon’s Department of Revenue saying our refund was being held until we send copies of our 1099s. A little disgruntled, we e-file using TurboTax and I don’t remember having to send 1099s separately before. Only took an hour to log into their system (already had login but their text verification failed repeatedly) and upload the pdf but stil… :rage:

Done:
    Texted massage appt request, confirmed chiro appt, NFIRS account unlocked and one incident into POV.xls, recycling, library, post office, massage, Freddie’s, hymns, uploaded 1099s to OR.GOV/DOR

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    June: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,100 Member
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,809 Member
    <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »

Got a letter from Oregon’s Department of Revenue saying our refund was being held until we send copies of our 1099s. A little disgruntled, we e-file using TurboTax and I don’t remember having to send 1099s separately before. Only took an hour to log into their system (already had login but their text verification failed repeatedly) and upload the pdf but stil… :rage:

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    June: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Barbara: My middle son got that same letter today. They want a copy of his W-2 and ID. Very annoying. He panicked a little, but I assured him it would be okay.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Katla49
    edited June 2022
    Barbara — We are beside the Columbia River and water has been deep. The little hummingbirds were nudged out of their home due to rising water. A friend gave me nesting baskets & I put them in our rhododendrons. It is doing the job for the little birds. They are safe from high water levels & get their sugar water in feeders stuck to our windows.
    Our house is safely above the river level and it seems to be okay for now.