So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll be joining Zzyyggy out on the patio by the pool. Mama used to make pork and potato stew, and while I can’t eat pork anymore, I find myself thinking about this recipe. She would cube the pork, season it with salt and pepper, and sauté in a pot. Add garlic, onion, and peppers, sauté for five more minutes and then add diced tomatoes and cubed russet potatoes. Cook covered on stovetop until the potatoes are done. You can add peas at the end. Sometimes she would add sauerkraut as she was adding the tomato and potato. For some reason chicken and beef don’t taste as good as the pork in this recipe. Anyway, that’s what I’m going to order tonight for dinner. We can have our brownies out on the terrace for Sunset Dessert later. I want vanilla buttercream icing on mine with Truly Chocolate ice cream on the side. I’ve got my bucket of M&M’s at the ready!
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Sunday brunch buffet at the cybercafe! I’m going to put a bite of everything on my plates. Maybe not everything. . . It all looks good.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, that pork stew sounds really good. I've been experimenting with the crockpot lately just throwing whatever veggies and meat I have on hand in it in the morning, and see what comes out at night. Most of it has been pretty good and it sure beats using the oven on these hot humid days. I'll have to give your pork stew a try. For dinner tonight at the cafe I'm going to have the meat loaf platter with mashed potatoes, carrots gravy and dinner rolls with lots of butter. A coca cola with all that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate cup cakes and an iced mocha. I've been in a cakey mood for some reason. I'm not really a cake eater either.
  • NavyCurls
    NavyCurls Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Ladies.

I hope life hasn't gotten in the way. I'll meet y'all by the pool.

Viktor - the usual for us all.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    @NavyCurls! Beautiful day at the cybercafe today. I’m just getting out of the pool. It was a good day for snorkeling in the cyberpool. Zzyyggy, I’m glad you ordered meatloaf last night. I can have some leftover meatloaf on a sandwich. 😋. Viktor will bring a nice cheese and freggies plate and snacks and drinks for anyone who wants to hang out at the pool this afternoon and evening.

Zzyyggy, I’ve been craving brownies. I blame it on Betty. Her emails are way too appealing! Have you ever made brownies in a waffle iron? We have a brownie mix and our littlest sweetie is back home from vacation. I know Sweetie wants to make waffles and ice cream and what could be better than an ice cream sandwich made with brownie waffles? Oh, save me!
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, Linda, I'm on my way those brownies sound scrumptious. I don't own a waffle iron so the answer to that question is no. Navy Curls we'll join you by the pool. Yes those Betty emails have looked really good. Fortunately for me I don't have any of the ingredients on hand. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried chicken with mashed potatoes, gravy, corn on the cob and biscuits. A coca cola with all that. For dessert I'll have some brownies with an iced mocha. I'm going to join Navycurls by the pool.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Biscuits! Zzyyggy, I’m not sure, do biscuits go with nachos? Perhaps an apres-dinner biscuit and then a Sunset Dessert brownie? Send the pitcher of iced mochas this way, please.
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    I’d really like a Ferrero Rocher milkshake please 🙂
  • NavyCurls
    Options
    @BoosDimples I had to look up what a Ferrero Rocher milkshake was. It looks so good, I may have to have Viktor come to bring us one.

@LindaK125 Sure, biscuits go with nachos. Anything is possible here in the Cafe.

@Zzyyggy See ya at the pool. I'll have Jorge set everything up for us there. My husband says my legs are whiter than a ghost.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    It’s 78 degrees in the middle of the afternoon here in the southwestern Piedmont. Feels a bit chilly and I had to wear my sweater outside. Maybe I’ll put on socks and shoes instead of sandals, too. It’s cloudy, but it’s not supposed to rain until late tonight maybe. I’d like the rainstorms to actually rain on us, rather than break apart and go around us. So annoying.

@NavyCurls and @BoosDimples — enjoy your shakes, I’ve ordered brownies iced (read smothered) with sweetened coffee flavored whipped cream, sprinkled with chocolate covered espresso beans. Dessert first! Oh, when Francois bakes up all the fresh fruit pies for the 4th, we can have cherry pie with sweetened coffee flavored whipped cream. Or blueberry, raspberry, apple or chocolate cream pie with coffee whip. I admit to making whipped cream with espresso powder and powdered sugar. Oh, Sugar! Sweet.

I suppose I really should try to accomplish something today, but I can’t think of a thing I’d rather do than spend the rest of the afternoon at the cybercafe by the pool with all y’all. It would be perfect. As one of my friends likes to say, it might could happen. (See, this is what happens when a Northerner moves to the South. After 15 years or so, your accent starts to change.)
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone. Those shakes did look good. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the barbecued spareribs with corn on the cob, and potatoes a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and an iced mocha. It was warm here all day, but we had a cold north wind blowing chilling things down. I wish those winds would stay up north. I think before dinner I'll go for a swim in the pool.
  • NavyCurls
    Options
    Good morning, ladies.

@Zzyyggy Dinner sounds yummy. I may have that for dinner tonight.

I'm over this heat wave. It's been in the high 90s/low 100s all week, and it's not expected to change anytime soon. So, if anyone wants to go somewhere cold, let me know. I'm sure my BIL in Sydney would love to have us out.

See y'all at the pool. My husband says my legs are too white, so I may as well get some color.

Viktor - teriyaki chicken, steamed veggies over white rice for lunch, please.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, Navycurls: I hope it cools down for you soon but it doesn't look like it. Today has been really hot and humid here but I'm not complaining. I know it will get cold again awfully quick. For dinner tonight I'm going to have lasagna with garlic bread and butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some devil's food cupcakes and an iced mocha. Interesting aside. I was looking in my pantry for something lastnight and laughed when I saw a box of Angel food cake mix next to a box of Devil's food cake mix. I don't remember doing it, but I must have pushed them together when I was looking for something else, or someone is trying to tell me something.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Good evening, everyone. @NavyCurls, I wouldn’t mind cooling off in Sydney. Of course, it was cool today at 80 degrees, with high humidity. We had rain! It rained over a third of an inch in a nice steady rain. So much better than our normal downpours. Zzyyggy, lasagna and garlic bread sounds wonderful. Here’s a pitcher of soda. Viktor will be here in seconds with more garlic bread. For Sunset Dessert we could have angel and devil’s food cake cubed in a trifle, layered with coffee whipped cream and berries and fudge sauce. I’m going to sprinkle mine with chocolate covered espresso beans and mini M&M’s.

Stay cool 😎!
  • NavyCurls
    Options
    Good morning, ladies.

Dinner last night was awesome!!! Viktor really knows how to do dinner service.

I'm looking forward to the three-day weekend coming up. I think I'm going to be either on the terrace or by the pool all weekend, only after sleeping in as late as possible. Do y'all have plans?

Viktor - a bagel with cream cheese, mixed fruit, and OJ, please? I'll be on the terrace.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, Linda, loved the dessert idea last night so much I want it again tonight. Navycurls I think I'll spend the long weekend here as well. The only other plans I have are on Sunday going to the Farmer's Market and sleeping in as well. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the grill swordfish slathered in butter of course with a baked potato, and green beans. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have that devil's food/angel's food layered cake with an iced mocha. I think I'll sit out on the terrace and enjoy sunset dessert.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Kingarthur.com has a blog about making Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bars. Did you know you can make no churn ice cream with heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk and a few other ingredients? I didn’t. I’m not sure having this information is a good thing. I may be tempted. Oh, the possibilities are endless. Francois! We can make M&M freezes. First, I’d have to actually have all the ingredients and then, after I make the ice cream, I’d have to be able to wait until the next day because it takes that long to harden. If it’s really yummy it would be such a treat to make for holidays. Oh, dear.

Viktor, I’ll have the fried flounder with potato salad, coleslaw, and green beans, and more iced tea, please. We’re all out on the terrace.

@NavyCurls — I’m considering staying at The Inn at the Cybercafe for the long weekend, except for Sunday afternoon. Sunday is our delayed Father’s Day celebration. And while we could have it here at the cybercafe, we are going to La Unica, our favorite Mexican restaurant, instead. I would love to be able to sleep in, too, and have sweet dreams. The other night I had a terrible nightmare about an intruder in the house and woke up screaming. Neither Sweetie or I could get back to sleep after that. I used to have the most wonderful dreams and I had no trouble sleeping, and that’s what happens when I stay at The Inn at the Cybercafe.

The 4th of July in Monroe, just southeast of Charlotte, is usually hot and humid and threatening thunderstorms. The guys always go to town and watch the fireworks, sometimes in the rain, but never enough to cancel the fireworks, just enough to make it more humid. I’m sure Igor has fireworks planned for every night of the long weekend, I know our neighbors do. It’s a good thing I have noise canceling headphones.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I hate having nightmares when I can't get back to sleep. And that was one scary nightmare you had Linda. Glad they don't happen at the cafe. For dinner tonight I'm going to have fish sticks and macaroni and cheese. I feel like a kid today. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and an iced mocha. My only plans for this weekend are to hide in my own little sanctuary sleeping in every morning, and spending the day reading. I'll also spend it at the Cyber cafe floating around in the red, white and blue pool. Fire works are Monday night at sunset. Before that there will be barbecues, salads, and plenty of drinks. Daylong activities in the cyber pool, and after fire works a grand bonfire, and s'mores.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Don’t forget the pies! Francois has been making cherry pies apple pies, and blueberry pies. I saw a strawberry shortcake pie. My favorite is his double chocolate grasshopper pie. Zzyyggy, I know there’s lots of yummy choices here but I asked Viktor to bring me a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner earlier. Hey, it’s time for Sunset Dessert and a piece of pie! I’m having my favorite and an iced mocha.

We had a thunderstorm this afternoon and got almost an inch of rain. It cooled down 15 degrees, except the humidity stayed over 95% for the rest of the day. I’m just so glad we got rain. They’re already telling us to conserve water and soon there will be mandatory restrictions if we don’t get more rain. Our water quality is considered “impaired.” Yikes 😳!
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, no we can't forget about the pies. We need rain up here as well. Not near drought yet. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a bacon cheeseburger with fries, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of blueberry pie, and an iced mocha. Another gorgeous day out there today in the real world. I think I'll go for a swim before dinner and then hang out on the terrace until Sunset dessert.