What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 434 Member
    229hr5bon17h.jpeg
    t25qsqtebr8a.jpeg
    Steak, rice from my new zojirushi rice maker (fantastic), green beans in garlic chili oil, carrots w brown sugar.
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    hq39oym9h5oi.png
    lightly breaded air fried chicken thigh, sesame oil+soy, rice.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    Linguine cacio pepe with grilled aubergines and courgettes.
    xqndu1jdebkj.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Beef patty, mashed potatoes, Thai chopped salad (from a kit).

p90pg7qodskn.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    Went out for catfish & fries.

uwzfmhqgvbv8.jpeg
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,294 Member
    LazyBlondeChef ~ My dad had a catfish restaurant in the 70-80's that was visited from people from miles around! I actually loved the fried shrimp and coleslaw there. To me the best part of the catfish was the fried tails....LOL.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    We were trying to find a place for brunch today and everywhere that had decent reviews was either closed or had huge lines so we ended up having cajun food. Spicy fettuccine Alfredo with alligator. Garlic bread. I knew I was taking a risk with pasta here (I prefer mine al dente) but outside of it being overcooked the dish was flavorful.

jffgw9cma84j.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    edited July 2022
    Lamb brat, polenta w/asiago cheese and salad of romaine, Kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, capers, basil leaves spritzed with olive oil. The sausage came from a butcher shop and I've never seen brats made from lamb until now. They were mild in flavor.

ziarnfjsoidx.jpeg
  • janicemlove
    z7i99hqt680h.jpeg
    o9ey0fm8fwst.jpeg
    Mediterranean inspired salad, steak, and potato salad. Delicious!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Roasted tomato, red onion & red pepper, with chickpeas. On a base of Celeriac and Spinach Purée.

gpx1alzweg1n.jpeg
  • beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Dessert was a lemon air fryer cheesecake.
    Ummm... recipe please? I just got an air fryer and am eager for ideas! (And I looooove cheesecake.)

• beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    Dinner last night: caesar marinated chicken thighs, garlic mushrooms, grilled zucchini, and a handful of garden peas (plus a slice of sourdough not pictured). My father said it looked like restaurant food... which I think is a compliment?
    rfwczjc9g6tf.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    beabria wrote: »
    acpgee wrote: »
    Dessert was a lemon air fryer cheesecake.
    Ummm... recipe please? I just got an air fryer and am eager for ideas! (And I looooove cheesecake.)

The recipe I use is based on this one but I now make several changes. Takes 10 minutes to assemble and 20-25 minutes to air fry.
    https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1022925-air-fryer-cheesecake

My crust is 40g butter melted in a bowl in the microwave to 100g graham crackers (digestive biscuits in the UK). Blitz the graham crackers to a powder in the food processor and tip into the bowl containing the butter and mix. Line a spring form pan with non stick baking paper and press the sandy graham mixture into the bottom. It is easiest to get a thin even layer using a flat bottomed drinking glass. Pop the crust into the fridge while you assemble the filling.

My filling is two packs of 165g Philadelphia light cream cheese and 300g of no fat yoghurt. Whisk together by hand (incorporates less air into the mixture than using an electric mixer, thus giving a silkier texture). Then whisk in two eggs and a 397g tin of condensed milk, again by hand. Taste and adjust sweetness/acidity with sugar or lemon. I find it easiest to make the filling in a large measuring jug with a capacity of over 1 litre.

Put the tin containing the crust in the air fryer. I need to remove the air fryer basket to fit in my spring form tin. Very important to pour in the filling mixture into the tin after you have placed it in the air fryer or you will otherwise make a mess with spills. You can fill quite full because the mixture does not rise. Air fry at 150C uncovered for 20-25 minutes. It can be wobbly (but not liquid) when you first take it out of the air fryer as it continues to cook as it cools. Getting the hot tin out of the air fryer is actually the trickiest part of the whole recipe, so if you don't need the air fryer right away just let it cool completely in the air fryer. Chill in the fridge about 2 hours to serve cold.

Can be served plain or with a fruity topping. Sometimes I loosen some lemon curd or marmelade by stirring in a little boiling water from the kettle and smear that on top. Will decorate with candied citrus peel. Another easy topping is store bought tinned cherry pie filling suggested by the original recipe,.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    Dry aged beef patty, mashed potatoes and salad of little gem, two kinds of cherry tomatoes, olives, capers and almond slivers spritzed with olive oil. One type of cherry tomatoes came from my plant and they were sweet and tart at the same time. Beef was from the butcher shop.

5ir0wvej1lmv.jpeg
  • janicemlove
    ul1yenya1iie.jpeg
    Tofu pineapple curry from my favorite local takeaway.
  • janicemlove
    sqqi00rbaegs.jpeg
    Beef taquitoes from the freezer (finally found a decent brand!) and some homemade sauce.