7/5: 5.1 miles
    7/6: 6.1 miles
    7/7: 3 miles
    7/9: 8 miles
    7/10: 3.1 miles
    7/11: 5.1 miles
    7/13: 5 miles
    7/14: 4 miles

Another afternoon treadmill run. I am traveling for work right now so using the gym treadmill at my airbnb. I actually took the time to set up some music on my phone and it was really nice. After a couple years of running with nothing, it was a good change of pace and made the treadmill more enjoyable. My view was a quiet parking lot, so not much other entertainment. I tried watching netflix on my ipad the night before but the display sits low on this treadmill and looking slightly down for almost an hour left my neck a little sore the next day. I'll likely use this place for future trips so working all the kinks out for next time. Headed home after work today so I get to run on my own (much nicer) treadmill tonight.

@7lenny7 Singlehandedly decimating the deer fly population!

@Scott6255 Yeah, I just didn't use my watch last night. I think I'm just so used to turning it on that it never occurred to me to not use it. Start running, start watch. And, yes the paces feel faster to me on a treadmill. I did a mile in the middle of my run last night at a 10:00 pace and it felt like I was probably 9:30 for about half a mile before my legs adjusted. Then it felt closer to normal but still not as smooth as that pace feels outside.
  • Mau_Hutch
    Mau_Hutch Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    GM. Just updating with my tally. I haven't been eating within target :( But at least I'm on track with my kms goal.

exercise.png
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,441 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 good luck tonight on your Crazy 8 race. Be careful!

I got out for 11 miles this morning. Seems I only get outside on the weekends anymore. It was as hot and miserable as I expected. But got a double-digit run out of it, so that's a win.

exercise.png
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @katharmonic Very high visibility indeed! Pretty views!!

@Scott6255 I have been missing outside too. Lots of treadmill this week but it is nice being out of the heat.

@kgirlhart Sorry to hear about your daughter's diagnosis. That's a big change to make but there are so many gluten free products now that hopefully it will be less of an ordeal than it once was.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 That's a pretty trail you found that went through the prison. I would have been glad to be past that part too. I'm not a big fan of raspberries, but glad you found some you could snack on as you ran. Love that the young softball players were cheering you on up the hill. :smile: Great job on clearing the trail. I have never heard of deer fly tape. Looks like it works really well. We have those here and just call them biting flies. They do hurt when they get you! Sorry about the miserable weather preventing you from getting in your 17 miles. But, in my book 8.6 is pretty darn good in those conditions!

Hahaha @Scott6255 re thinking you had run further than you did on Friday. I hate it when that happens.

@Teresa502 I wondered if you ran the Crazy 8's when I saw it on the news. The winners were pretty speedy in my book. I didn't realize it was as big of a race as it is until I saw the reports this year. I hope you enjoyed it and didn't hurt yourself. I did NOT see you on the news, so I guess that is good. :wink:
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,441 Member
    Options
    Great job on your 14 mile run @marisap2010!

6 treadmill miles this afternoon.

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Great running @Scott6255 and @SummerSkier .

@kgirlhart That is a really pretty park. I'm glad your daughter's procedure went well, but sorry about the celiac diagnosis. I can't help with recipes. I hope your family reunion is going well.

@katharmonic Sounds like you had a really nice get away! Love the shoes and the views.

@martaindale Great run. Enjoy Hawaii!!!

Nice running @marisap2010 .

@eleanorhawkins You are doing great. So sorry about the fires. I hope they get them under control soon. Glad that your shoes are fitting better.

@marisap2010 Nice job on your 14 miles and getting your Virtual HM done. I love the medal and shirt.

• Sparx_81
    Sparx_81 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    So July hasn't exactly gone as planned!!!!!! Because of all my running, cycling, gardening and lack of stretching (I know I know....) i developed overly tight hip flexors!!!!! Guess better now than closer to actual races!!!

Hubby was also off work and kids off school so I just spent time with them.... but now I'm back..... again!!!

Can I ask what everyones best tips are for avoiding hip flexor problems?! I've started with some yoga today to try to improve my flexibility but I know i need to start stretching after runs/ cycles!!!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @shanaber Glad you had a great time for your anniversary and you made up for not running after you got home. I hope you get a little relief from the heat soon.

Welcome back @Sparx_81 . I don't stretch like I should either, so I am no help to you on that front.