WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    StefieS ~ Welcome back! I see from your profile pics that you are an artist :) and that you have participated in races :) . Good luck as you let us be a part of your adventure.

Heather ~ I looked for your new book on Amazon and guess the title is Windows. It looks like it will be an interesting read! :)

Carol in GA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,017 Member
    Options
    StefieS wrote: Β»
    Hi Barbiecat and others, I'm StefieS from Wash DC and I am logging in to MFP for the first time today after a 5 year plus hiatus. :o Wowza. My ticker showed me that I had met my goal back then...but, when I hit 50, arthritis in my hip limited me exercise and my eating habits also gradually declined.

Now I am back up and need/want to lose 30 pounds! So, I know I'm joining in mid-month here, but like I said, just started back today. One bad habit I've developed is late-night eating when I am stressed and/or can't sleep. Anyone else struggle with this?

Hi and welcome!!
    snacking at night is what is my biggest problem too- Lay in bed, can't sleep and so I get a snack.(can't sleep when I am hungry). My go-to snack late at night is a big spoonful of peanut butter.
    I can be well under calories when I head for bed but that one spoonful puts me over.
    Tracking on here and having my Fitbit are the two things that keep me on track.
    Still trying to figure out why the weight isn't coming off but not giving up.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    :)Rebecca, I was 62 years old when I found MFP. I had tried and failed at so many weight loss plans and wondered if I would ever succeed. What helped me was to do a very serious personal inventory of my relationship with food and exercise to help me make life changes that help me be lighter, healthier, and fitter and contribute to longevity. Among my first decisions was to stop using food as a source of entertainment and recreation. That meant that I wasn't going to spend a lot of time thinking and planning about what fun things to eat. For both health and frugality, I cut back on restaurant eating. I began meeting my friends for a walk rather than lunch or a beverage. I decided to resign my position as excellent chocolate chip cookie baker and find other ways to excel in life. I got a pedometer and used that as encouragement to be more active. I read books about healthy eating and exercise and habit formation. I listened to podcasts about health. I made my health more important than anything else in my life. Now I am 76 years old and have lost 50 pounds and kept the weight off for years. I check in to MFP and this thread every morning without fail to log food and exercise and stay connected to others who have the same goals of weight loss, health, fitness, and longevity. I have learned so much from others. I wish you the best on your new resolve.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Thanks Barbie, and others for your wise words. I appreciate you all so much! Food is nourishment not a recreational activity. I need to tone down my meals a tad. Check.πŸ’ͺ πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ’–πŸ˜
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    https://www.inspireliving.co/lifestyle
    This guy Yogi Cameron has some great videos. Yes much is to do with the Indian practice of Ayurveda. There is a video (should be the first one listed) about how much we should be eating in a day. I like how he talks about eating for nourishment, not out of boredom, or stress, or many other factors. That you look at your day and eat accordingly to how much activity you will be doing. It follows a flow to it that I find inspiring you know? I used to watch his show when he had one. That's how I learned about putting coconut oil everywhere πŸ™ƒπŸ˜‚. And the importance of turmeric.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,880 Member
    Options
    DD and friend are finishing the goat fence today. They got about one half of it done on Saturday. They went hiking yesterday and Heather goes home tomorrow. I wish I could help them but still restricted to walking only on flat surfaces no uneven areas like the lawn or pasture. I have PT for about one more month.

I need to go through some things as church is having a rummage sale next Saturday. I would like to move a bunch of stuff out of my house and that would be a good place for it to go.

Heather - congrats on the book!

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    OMG! Heather UK!!! Congrats. sooooo excited!!!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,332 Member
    Options
    Carol - The new book is WHERE AM I? : the search for the Lover-Shadow. I think Windows may be a stretch too far! :p
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    f01xpc2kn23a.png
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,413 Member
    Options
    B)
  • user2757363
    user2757363 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ack! I'm sorry but I can't seem to keep up with the comments that have been left just since my last visit on Saturday morning..
    With that being said I'm going to wish you all the very best week ahead and quietly sneak out the back door. :p

pp116klgsz5h.png

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,679 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk/slow jog w/yogi- 1hr 14min 59sec, 24elev, 3.98ap, 117ahr, 157mhr, 5.07mi= 532c
    Strava app = 578c
    Walk to store n back- 17.58min, .85mi= 98c
    Strava app = 97c
    Walk/jog to store n back = 17.10min, 25elev, 119ahr, 152mhr, 4.29ap, 1.26mi= 152c
    Strava app = 144c

Total cal 782
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    B)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,340 Member
    Options
    Heather: πŸ‘πŸ» WTG on the bookπŸ‘ŒπŸ»
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Congrats Heather!!πŸ’–πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ’ͺπŸ™
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,975 Member
    Options
    One of the silver linings of going through boxes is finding items you thought were lost. This one is particularly for Barbie. I took this photo in a laundromat a number of years ago. My mom (an English teacher) pointed it out to me. We both thought it was hilarious! :D:D:D

vyzm1rpeeofi.png

Karen in Virginia

:) Thank you. This is hilarious for so many reasons