Let's get 'Turbo Fired' up!

Options

Replies

• ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
    Would you all mind if I join your discussion?
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 3 today. Love it, but not noticing any difference yet. Belly still jiggles when I jump. hee. But they say results are usually in month 2. So here's hoping! I did Fire55 today and it is awesome!

Lol! I always cringe when she has us bend forward and do the fast run.....jiggle is not the word!
  • stormy213
    Options
    Would you all mind if I join your discussion?

Sure! The more the merrier!
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do the meal plan; she should put out a vegetarian one.

I agree. I am not vegetarian but I do have a few food restrictions so I don't follow the meal plan either. Which brings up a good point - how many are following the meal plan or some other version of the Beachbody meal plan? Or does everyone just do their own thing?
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 3 today. Love it, but not noticing any difference yet. Belly still jiggles when I jump. hee. But they say results are usually in month 2. So here's hoping! I did Fire55 today and it is awesome!

Lol! I always cringe when she has us bend forward and do the fast run.....jiggle is not the word!

for me its the thigh clap on the jumping jacks!
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do the meal plan; she should put out a vegetarian one.

I agree. I am not vegetarian but I do have a few food restrictions so I don't follow the meal plan either. Which brings up a good point - how many are following the meal plan or some other version of the Beachbody meal plan? Or does everyone just do their own thing?

i do my own thing
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I just do my own thing as far as diet too. I think I eat fairly good until the weekend comes. I'm going to work on that.
  • stormy213
    Options
    Happy Monday all....:noway:

Day 2 of Inferno Plan has begun. I did Fire 45 this morning and have to do HIIT 20 when I get home from work. I was able to follow the diet and have my meals/snacks planned for the day. I have a slight headache this morning most likely from the significant decrease in sugar.

Neiski...I'm with you on weekends...definitely my downfall. We usually go out with a group of friends at least once during the weekend and let me tell you, I never have enough will power to order a salad or grilled chicken while they are all noshing on nachos, wings, etc.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I just do my own thing too.....which I'm desperately trying to figure something out at the moment. Starting to zig-zag my calories. I've been plateaued for 4 months and it's really starting to get to me :ohwell:

Anyone have any suggestions or have done zig-zagging before? If so, could you give me a breakdown of your calorie consumption per day?

Oh, and one more question - do any of you use Shakeology? My sister's friend is a Beachbody coach and is sending me a sample of both the chocolate and greenberry. I've been thinking about ordering it, but didn't want to spend the money and then not like it so I was really happy when she offered me the samples. Anyhoo, if you do use it, how do you like it? Do you think it's worth the cost?

Sorry for so many questions so early on a Monday :smile:
  • Nelski
    Options
    Sara, I use Shakeology. I have only been drinking it for about a week(not this past weekend though). I like the chocolate but not the greenberry. So far I like it and do think it gives me energy but haven't had it long enough and consistantly to know if it does all the great health things it's supposed to. I think it's very expensive but figured I would at least give it a try since there is a money back guaranty. If it gives me energy and makes me feel good then i think it will be worth it as a meal replacement.
  • stormy213
    Options
    I don't use Shakeology....mainly because I've found a protein shake that I actually like the flavor of and I'm afraid to try anything else! I'd still love to hear any reviews of those who will be or have tried it.

This morning I did Fire 55 EZ....didn't seem as long as last time I did it. I'm finally getting the moves better.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • malenahan
    malenahan Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 5 of Turbo Fire and I just realized that I don't have any HIIT workouts for the next 4 weeks. I LOVE the HIIT workouts so I may have to add one in each week.
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 5 of Turbo Fire and I just realized that I don't have any HIIT workouts for the next 4 weeks. I LOVE the HIIT workouts so I may have to add one in each week.

Maybe you can add one on the Core 20 day...I don't know about you but I HATE stretch 40 so I do something else in place of it like running or a different TF video! :o]
  • McFatterton
    Options
    Finally got back into TF today - I had taken yesterday and Sunday off. Did 45EZ today - it was kind of half-assed though....I just wasn't feeling it and my son (10 month old) didn't think he needed to take a nap so I kept getting interrupted. But, I finished it and burned almost 500 cals so I wasn't that lazy I guess! I'm going to add Tone 30 to HIIT 25 since I skipped it on Monday.....I'll either do that tomorrow or Friday and do 55EZ on the opposite day. Then I'll be back on track.
  • malenahan
    malenahan Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Do you use a HRM for the calories burned? If so, which HRM do you recommend?
  • Nelski
    Options
    Damn McFatterton, half assed it and still burned 500?!?!? Looks like I gotta step it up. I did Fire 45 yesterday and burned 380. I know everyone burns calories a little different though. I think once I build up my endurance a little more and can follow the routine better I will be able to burn some more.

Malenahan, I use a HRM. It's a Polar F7. It's pretty good most of the time but it does have troubles reading my HR more than I'd like it to. I'm not sure if it's my fault when that happens, like the chest strap is not in the best place, or something else.

I just signed up to be a Beach Body coach. Any of you go on teambeachbody.com? Any of you coaches? My screen name is littlefieldsy if you wanna be buddies.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 3 of the hybrid. Ready to start some serious cardio tomorrow. The first three weeks don't have nearly enough cardio.
  • McFatterton
    Options
    Well, maybe it was more like 3/4-assed :laugh:. I just know I didn't give it my "all". Plus, 45EZ is harder (in my opinion) and doesn't have any breaks like plain 45.

I also use a Polar HRM - I have an F6. I admit I bought that one because I liked the pink watch :tongue:. I also have some issues with the strap - I never really had issues until I started doing TurboFire. I think it's from all the jumping around.
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    While we are on the topic of HRM's does anyone have or know of a decent one without a chest strap? I am VERY top heavy so I am not sure how it will work out. How about those ones that you see on the people on TF? I think even maybe Allie has one, the kind that is on their bicep area. I'm assuming it goes over the main artery up there to get a pulse.
  • stormy213
    Options
    Good job with your calorie burning ladies! I dont have a HRM so I can't comment. I keep seeing some wrist watch ones at TJ Maxx but i'm thinking you get what you pay for so i didn't buy it.

I've been keeping up with the inferno exercise plan but unfortunately i lost it with the diet part today....oh well tomorrow is another day.