WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I'm down a whole 3 kg (6.6 lbs) from my heaviest weight ever which I hit in mid-August. :)

Congrats on your weight loss Lisa!

Machka in Oz

The last 6 weeks or so have been great for weight loss for some reason. I made a few small changes, and the weight has been coming off. I wouldn't have thought small changes would have done it, but here we are. I hope it continues!

Today, I spent about an hour in the garden, digging mostly. I'm making a bit of progress digging the trench that will become my dry stream. It's a little bit slow going because I had planted a number of things in that garden last spring, and they're coming up this spring. So I was transplanting freesias as I went.

Then we went to a local fresh fruit and veg market for ... fruit and veg! And a couple other things.

And it was nice enough out that we got a bicycle ride in.

pwwx4cag828a.png

This coming week is a 5-day work week for me. I much prefer the shorter weeks I've had for the past 3 weeks. However, it will give me more time to climb stairs.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Heather and all,

The news about Josephine the ballerina is tough. Josie is in good spirits, but her lung tumors (metastases from the spinal tumor) have been stubborn, preventing a stem cell transplant that MD Anderson had hoped to perform if the chemo/radiation treatments could shrink the tumors by 30% first. So now they are going to St Judes in hopes of being in a trial. Josie keeps her spirits up, and is still the sweetest girl ever.

Karen in Virginia

That is unfair ... and I hope she gets the help she needs at St Judes.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    His attitude to entertaining is completely different to mine! I want everything to be easy, and prepared ahead, so I don’t have to be slaving over a hot stove at the last minute, and can can drift around cooly in nice clothes, and he likes to be performing acrobatics with grill tongs and juggling multiple dishes! Very manly! :p He was a professional chef for a while in his student days, but has always been keen and knowledgeable.
    The table setting though leaves a lot to be desired. In the end I set it, but with odds and ends of old mats and cutlery. :D
    The cake was fabulous, and he makes his own honeycomb.
    I'm inspired to try it next weekend. Have any of you made it? Kim?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

My entertaining style is to invite people to a restaurant, preferably a restaurant with a variety of options: meat dishes, vegetarian dishes, etc.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    exermom wrote: »
    M – good luck on your test. When are you going for it? Which medications are your husband on?

Michele NC

The problem with getting those MRIs is that I will have to decide on a doctor, get my information transferred to that doctor, have an appointment with that doctor and convince that doctor that I want 2 MRIs. It may take a bit of time.

He's on two different epilepsy medications as part of the transition. He's also on medications for his heart and brain.

M in Oz
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 424 Member
    Katla, Such good news that your DH is able to sit outside! I hope he is able to come back to the apartment soon! That would be so good!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    edited September 2022
    Morning ladies
    Boy that nyquil knocks you out and it works,im not stuffy anymore.. but I did close the windows.
    Have to pick up some groceries.. and then will be back.
    Right now Tracy and Kyle have no back up.. and ,I feel kind of stuck ..I love Miles ,but can't plan anything because of the schedule until he is at least preschool age.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Ii spent the day yesterday with DH. We sat outside and enjoyed the company of others. I hope that he will join me in the apartment in the near future. Wish me luck and DH will be able join me in the apartment.
    I miss him.

:) How great that you are spending time with him and that he's feeling better.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Katla, Good news about your husband!

Karen in Virginia
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    KJLamore- Wrap the watermelon’s in newspaper and put them on the windowsill. I am originally from New England and that is what we did with our tomatoes and other fruits and vegetables that didn’t ripen before the weather turned cold. Brown paper bags work as well. Good luck saving those two watermelon’s!