Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2022
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    edited September 2022
    It was so lovely last night. DH and I took a taxi over as it was pouring with rain. We knew the girls were out playing football, so we joined my son in the kitchen. He was cooking up a storm! Steak, French fries, sweet potato, broccoli, mozzarella and tomato salad, green salad, cucumber. Some was cooking in the oven, but most of it was finished in a cheffy fashion on big griddles on the top of the gas stove. Of course, it made a lot of smoke, but the flavour was heavenly.
    His attitude to entertaining is completely different to mine! I want everything to be easy, and prepared ahead, so I don’t have to be slaving over a hot stove at the last minute, and can can drift around cooly in nice clothes, and he likes to be performing acrobatics with grill tongs and juggling multiple dishes! Very manly! :p He was a professional chef for a while in his student days, but has always been keen and knowledgeable.
    The table setting though leaves a lot to be desired. In the end I set it, but with odds and ends of old mats and cutlery. :D
    The cake was fabulous, and he makes his own honeycomb.
    I'm inspired to try it next weekend. Have any of you made it? Kim?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    On medication ...

8 Creative Ways to Remember to Take Your Medicines
    Medically reviewed by Leigh Ann Anderson, PharmD. Last updated on July 1, 2022.

https://www.drugs.com/article/taking-your-medicine.html

Some good tips. :)

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    Wonderful photo of Olivia, Karen. That one of her in the hospital with all the tubes is still fresh in my memory. :(
    How is the ballerina, Josephine?

Love to all the kids we are linked to in this thread. <3<3<3<3<3<3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Wonderful photo of Olivia, Karen. That one of her in the hospital with all the tubes is still fresh in my memory. :(
    How is the ballerina, Josephine?

Love to all the kids we are linked to in this thread. <3<3<3<3<3<3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Yesterday I drove past our little ballerina's house and realized we hadn't had a recent update. I'll email her mama today.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    RvRita,
    Yes, I have been to Bottomless Lakes and Roswell many times. I will be heading to Alamogordo sometime this winter. Maybe we can meet up.

Jeannie in Ed
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    I have been off the antidepressant for a bit now (and weaned down from it very carefully, I might add.) It's been interesting to see my gamut of emotions return. Don't worry, I'm not wandering around the yard behind the little animals--Egg wouldn't put with it for a minute anyway! :smiley: I just didn't realize how flat my affect was until I started feeling the emotions again. I'm laughing more, which is great, but I'm also crying more too. Cried on my sister's shoulder on the phone yesterday (hey, she said I could. :| )

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

I don't know if I ever want to give up the flatness. I've come to really like it.

Someone at work commented that I'm so calm about everything ... a few other women there can be somewhat volatile, apparently, so maybe it was "calm by comparison".

I've never been one to laugh much, so I haven't lost much on that side, but I've been able to deal with things that would have had me a raging, crying wreck much better.

I'm glad to hear you're having a better day. :)

Machka in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,637 Member
    KJ- she took a bus trip,with Friendship tours staying at swanky hotels along the way and most meals included ..went to the rock and roll hall of fame in ohio,stayed in a swanky hotel on a lake in new york ,they are having a grand old time.. think its a 9 day trip and it was 2,000 but I would be able to handle trip like that .. especially with a good friend..
    Today is my nephews 30th birthday .. love that boy to pieces, but dont get to see him enough.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member