Let me know you a little better

Replies

• ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I used to believe that whenever possible everyone should own a navy suit (for interviews, etc) and a black suit (for funerals). I haven’t had a suit that fits me properly since my oldest was born almost 18 years ago and I’m not in a hurry to do anything about that.

I’ve never owned a suit as an adult 🤷‍♂️

i’ve never owned a suit ever
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    I used to believe that whenever possible everyone should own a navy suit (for interviews, etc) and a black suit (for funerals). I haven’t had a suit that fits me properly since my oldest was born almost 18 years ago and I’m not in a hurry to do anything about that.

You are both way more advanced than I am.

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,031 Member

It’s on my bucket list - one day I’ll get one of those tailored joints - I’ll take your advice on the colors perhaps and get 2

• ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member

It’s on my bucket list - one day I’ll get one of those tailored joints - I’ll take your advice on the colors perhaps and get 2

not me, suits are for establishment types
  • tigrig
    tigrig Posts: 658 Member
    edited October 2022
    I'm honestly a big nerd. I like to read books, travel, be outdoors and use my kids as an excuse to still watch cartoons and read an occasional comic
  • TwitchyMagee

not me, suits are for establishment types

It’s just not a necessity. If you like em, fine. If not, fine.

• TwitchyMagee

You’re a good looking guy and I’m sure a suit would look great on you. It’s not a necessity though.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,132 Member

What do you wear to weddings and funerals if you don't have a suit? We always make sure to have at least one suit for all in my family for funerals and weddings
  • cowsfan12

What do you wear to weddings and funerals if you don't have a suit? We always make sure to have at least one suit for all in my family for
    funerals and weddings

Either a pair of kachis and a polo - or just plan black slacks and button down - most ppl I know are the suit wearing type so if I showed up in a suit I’d be over dressed actually- but I’d like to have one if I ever walk my girls down the isle and what not -
  • TwitchyMagee

What do you wear to weddings and funerals if you don't have a suit? We always make sure to have at least one suit for all in my family for
    funerals and weddings

Either a pair of kachis and a polo - or just plan black slacks and button down - most ppl I know are the suit wearing type so if I showed up in a
    suit I’d be over dressed actually- but I’d like to have one if I ever walk my girls down the isle and
    what not -
    I think a lot of this is regional too. I love the more relaxed dress code where I live now
  • cowsfan12
    edited October 2022

funerals and weddings

Either a pair of kachis and a polo - or just plan black slacks and button down - most ppl I know are the suit wearing type so if I showed up in a
    suit I’d be over dressed actually- but I’d like to have one if I ever walk my girls down the isle and
    what not -
    I think a lot of this is regional too. I love the more relaxed dress code where I live now

Yeah when my niece got married they all had jeans and cowboy boots I just had slacks and a button down with a tie - she was dang uncle Rob why you get so dressed up 😂 -
  • TwitchyMagee

This largely has to do with where I was raised and by whom but it’s also related to some baggage. When I was a very young adult I was living on my own and did not have much of a wardrobe or much of anything.

At a certain point I had a couple of funerals to go to. I can’t remember if it was my grandfather or my stepmother because they both died around the same time but anyway I remember I wore a long olive green skirt and a modest black blouse.

A close relative had something to say about how my dark green skirt was disrespectful. Never mind the fact that his wife was wearing a miniskirt. It was black so I guess that was ok. His comment hurt me deeply & I guess it still does a little. It’s ok though because I eventually cut all those MFers off.
  • TwitchyMagee

funerals and weddings

what not -

Yeah when my niece got married they all had jeans and cowboy boots I just had slacks and a
    button down with a tie - she was dang uncle Rob why you get so dressed up 😂 -
    I love this 😂❤️
  • TwitchyMagee
    tigrig wrote: »
    I'm honestly a big nerd. I like to read books, travel, be outdoors and use my kids as an excuse to still watch cartoons and read an occasional comic

Got any book recommendations?
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member

funerals and weddings

what not -

Yeah when my niece got married they all had jeans and cowboy boots I just had slacks and a button down with a tie - she was dang uncle Rob why you get so dressed up 😂 -

Yes! This was my hometown too. I’d simply be wearing a blouse and jeans and people would ask if I was going to a wedding! Smh I’m overdressed most places I go but also know nothing about the suit and gown fancy ppl life.
  • tigrig
    tigrig Posts: 658 Member
    tigrig wrote: »

Got any book recommendations?

Ethan Frome. It's an old book but it has a story that will make you question do you do what's morally right or go with the heart
  • cowsfan12
    i dont have any high heels meant for wearing out either

My dress shoes are chucks or vans 🤷‍♂️
  • TwitchyMagee
    Every day I battle the urge to begin sentences with “Actually…”
  • TwitchyMagee
    i dont have any high heels meant for wearing out either

Samesies. You have house stilettos and I have house crocs.