WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2022

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,819 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I spent time with DH at the hospital yesterday. He seems to be improving. Me,too. Our daughter took me to a local health facility. I felt better after treatment.

I'm glad to hear you're being looked after too!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,679 Member
    Morning ladies
    All this talk about glucosamine and condroitin(sp) and being sedentary .. thats me in a nutshell.. im up with Miles ,but at home i mostly lay down..I know its not good for me but im tired when i get home..
    My hips and thighs have been in alot of pain and the pain is waking me up at night..geesh I don't want to really want to take more pills and I will have to see if that would react with any of my prescription meds.. but sounds like it would help alot with the hip and arthritis pain in my thumbs.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    M Thanks for the reminder to keep moving. I admired that about my dad. He knew you needed to keep moving. When his age made it more difficult he would still do exercises in bed and would walk their driveway everyday.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,819 Member
    edited October 2022
    Morning ladies
    All this talk about glucosamine and condroitin(sp) and being sedentary .. thats me in a nutshell.. im up with Miles ,but at home i mostly lay down..I know its not good for me but im tired when i get home..
    My hips and thighs have been in alot of pain and the pain is waking me up at night..geesh I don't want to really want to take more pills and I will have to see if that would react with any of my prescription meds.. but sounds like it would help alot with the hip and arthritis pain in my thumbs.

My hips ache if I lie down for more than about 10 hours (which I only do on weekends or when I'm on holiday).

I find I feel better if I stand, walk, and generally move around quite a bit of the day. Like right now, it's late evening and my hips feel great because I've done quite a bit of moving today. They'll be slightly achy when I get up tomorrow, but I'll get moving again and they'll feel all right again.

When I take Rhody out for a walk, after I get home from work, he likes to sit and look at things while I just stand there, so I've started doing things like calf raises and stretches. :)

M in Oz
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 432 Member
    I love to get into the pool and do the breaststroke and stretch. I feel much less tight and achey afterwards. But sigh it is difficult to reserve a lane because the pool is so popular.

Rosemarie from Georgia
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,298 Member
    :)