Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx Proud Granny.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2022
    <3 ⭐️
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,288 Member
    Morning, all...

Doctor's appointment early this morning, so I need to be out of the house in a bit less than an hour. One thing to pick up for Corey on the way back, and then back home. I'm letting him do the grocery shopping this weekend. Those trips just wear me out.

Just need to get my early morning meds taken, finish getting my meds list revised and printed, my Friday injection done, a quick shower and out the door. First cup of tea half down, will be taking the second one with me. There's a good chance they'll ask for more tests, so am skipping eating until I come back. Easier that way.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    Continued adventures of the office organisation ...

Because the "office" ended up spilling out all over the dining room a few years ago, today's work was largely in the dining room.

We had moved an under drawer unit to the dining room when I started working from home at the end of March 2020 as part of the great shutdown. Now it's back in the office. I've gone through all of its drawers and half the drawers in a small desk that will stay in the dining room.

I've also shifted a few things around in the dining room and it looks better -- less crowded -- but I'm not happy with it yet. I don't feel we're using the space well. I'll have to give it more thought.

One of the things I've done in the past is to measure the area, measure the furniture, and the map it all out in PowerPoint. Then I can move things around on the screen to see how it could fit. I might need to do that again.

Tomorrow I plan to finish going through the drawers in the little desk. I'd do it now, but I'm feeling tired, and when I feel tired, I don't make good decisions.

Stage 1 of the process was to get everything into "meaningful piles" like: university, filing cabinet, craft, cycling, shred, toss, etc. That's done.

Stage 2 will be dealing with each pile. My husband is taking care of the shredding. Tossing is easy. The cycling stuff might go downstairs, for now anyway, to give me more room to work with. Then I'll likely start with the university pile. I want to shift as much of the university pile as I can into the shred pile. I'm taking great delight in having my university stuff shredded!! :grin:
    I've emptied one university binder already, but this stage will take a while.

Tips:
    - Take allergy pill when working with a room that hasn't been organised in a long time. So. Much. Dust!
    - Any little bits of organisation you can do now in a spare few moments, you future self will thank you. I came across a set of papers I'll need to file, and somewhere along the lines, I labelled each one with the file folder it should go into. Thank you younger me!
    - I work well with the stages process I described above and getting things into "meaningful piles". It means I've moved some things out of the room entirely and the rest in in one place so I can move through it and can see my progress. I'm not left thinking, "but wait, is there another bin of university stuff somewhere?" Now I can choose to spend an evening here and there working on each pile without having to figure out where I am or where I left off. Plus if other priorities move in and I don't get back to it for another year, I'll be able to thank the "right now" me for getting things in some semblance of order.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    Exercise:

Lots of time on my feet walking back and forth between office and dining room.
    16 minutes rowing briskly on my rowing machine.
    About 15 minutes lifting weights.

Machka in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    <3
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 614 Member
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Morning ladies
    Im here with Miles and he is napping which is nice..
    Tracy was saying he is falling and bumping himself alot...I told her thats going to happen especially with him starting to walk.. there are going to be bumps and bruises
    They keep it cool in here so im bundled it up and so is Miles..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Just waking up and heading to the coffee pot. 🌹