WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I have about 8 Facebook people, mostly DH'S relatives that i don'ttalk to otherwise. . You don't have to have a lot. And they don't ping!!!! I have notifications turned off. Often I turn off WhatsApp pings too. I did on the ship. So the only thing that pings is text. I rarely get a text. :D

I've just put some cash into my elder son's bank account for his 46th birthday. I'm not doing Christmas presents this year, so.i told him that.
    pxa6jhzicms5.jpg
    Sounds excellent! :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,949 Member
    Options
    :) Dr. Rangan Chatterjee is one of my podcast heroes along with Gretchen Rubin, Dr. Laurie Santos, Dan Harris, and Ken Jennings.
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Just seen this in The Guardian, for anyone who wants to make a more healthy homemade gift this Christmas. :D

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2022/nov/25/chocolate-mendiants-nuts-dried-fruit-recipe-ravneet-gill

Look yummy!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    I have enormous respect for anyone who is a carer, and is looking after a relative. Super hard to see them deteriorate.
    But I do think it is a different thing when your intimate other, your life partner, is deteriorating mentally. Many of us need that level of intimate knowing and understanding and to see it disappear is devastating.
    I am pretty sure that my mental health could not cope with it. (See my book 'Where Am I?')
    Intimacy for me, is life.
    My heart goes out to you who are dealing with this heartbreak.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    MILES is so cute!

Carol in GA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Shattzie wrote: Β»
    Thank you all for the welcome.
    Today I logged my food for the first time. It was nice to eat without feeling bad. I had peace since I knew I was not overeating.
    I try to be mindfull alot through the day, facing feelings instead of making myself busy and using food to numb.
    All this focus takes energy, and I slept alot. I dont have energy enough to much more than basic needs, and taking care of my dog and two cats.
    I hope that better eating and loosing weight will give more energy, Im desperate for it.
    Ive enjoyed reading all your posts.
    Cecilie, Norway

Welcome DeVille, from Whidbey Island in WA state. Nice yo meet you!
    I try to honor myself with intentional eating. So the cutting, chopping, mixing in preparation for a nice meal is all part of the process for me. I know that opening a box and snacking mindlessly does nothing for my mental health, nor my physical health. So I try to put myself first, eat what fuels me.πŸ‘πŸ» You can do this.πŸ’–πŸ€—
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Miles is so cute standing, and Carmine looks kind of proud standing.πŸ’–πŸ‘πŸ»
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: Β»
    Allie-sorry you are having health issues right now.

Pip-I keep forgetting to tell you-I find the way you take care of your animals is outstanding. I really wish more parents/families took the same care with their human children and each other.

Machka-I had not noticed the My drafts-I use the save function but didn't see I had a folder. Thanks!

Had peaceful Thanksgiving. Talked to SIL and family in AZ. Text from DIL here (her husband was working all day). Got some work work done, some house work done, went for a nice walk. Ordered matching earrings for me and DILs for Christmas (Macy's had decent sale). Also ordered cardigans to give DIL Mother and Aunt-will see them Christmas Day this year. Made Cranberry Jello to take with me and the two ingredient pumpkin mini muffins.

Plan for today is another hour or so of budget work, tidy up house. Picking son up at airport around 2:30 so will head out around 1. Will be back Sunday morning early after I drop him at airport so will stop and do grocery shopping when I get back in town before going home. While today and tomorrow will just be family-I will be ready for quiet on Sunday!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

Awwwwwww thx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!
    I've been going crazy shopping on Amazon lately. For once it seems like everything I need is on sale! I did buy some Christmas stuff, and socks and underwear, and a pot to replace the one Mom burned. And some storage cubes to help sort out my bedroom. I really need a bookshelf, but I have to figure out how to squeeze it in. Anyway, I have really hit a shopping mood! Let the packages roll in!

I need to exercise tonight, whether I do yoga and marching or makeup dumbbells from last night. And it's crab patties for dinner for my parents, and water for me! I had a turkey avocado sandwich for lunch, with french fries. So I'm quite full.

Annie in Delaware

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Mary sorry about your refrigerator!

Annie in Delaware