What's on your mind?

Replies

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,031 Member
    I’ve got to learn to live a subsistence life style -
  • cowsfan12
    Wondering what it's like to wake up feeling refreshed from a solid night's sleep.

I wanna be that person that doesn't need 3 alarms, doesn't hit snooze 5 times, doesn't need a big cup of slap me in the *kitten* face when I roll outta bed.

Is that too much to ask?!
    I get up right away & then take an hour to get moving. The only time I feel refreshed is when I can sleep as long as I want without guilt & without interruption. That has happened approximately three times in the past 25 years. I am so *kitten* exhausted most of the time & it’s pure will & stress that keep me moving. Most days I fantasize about a nice dark hobbit hole where there are no obligations & I can just lie still & quiet. TMI?
    I think I need to take a lot of this back because it’s not completely true. I think I’m having some depression right now which is darkening my perspective. Honestly, when I guard my boundaries around sleep and I’m careful about caffeine I do feel quite refreshed after a good nights sleep. It requires work though and I’m not very good about being consistent with it.

I’ve been trying to prioritize sleep about the last year - year and a half now - try to keep a consistent bed time between 8:30-9 up but 4ish most days - and it seems I feel better those days than if I sleep in - and now if I get up after 4 or 5 ish even in the weekends - I get bummed cause I feel like I didn’t attack the day 🤷‍♂️

• Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited December 2022
    Iquote="cowsfan12;c-47167363"]
    Wondering what it's like to wake up feeling refreshed from a solid night's sleep.

I wanna be that person that doesn't need 3 alarms, doesn't hit snooze 5 times, doesn't need a big cup of slap me in the *kitten* face when I roll outta bed.

I get up right away & then take an hour to get moving. The only time I feel refreshed is when I can sleep as long as I want without guilt & without interruption. That has happened approximately three times in the past 25 years. I am so *kitten* exhausted most of the time & it’s pure will & stress that keep me moving. Most days I fantasize about a nice dark hobbit hole where there are no obligations & I can just lie still & quiet. TMI?
    I think I need to take a lot of this back because it’s not completely true. I think I’m having some depression right now which is darkening my perspective. Honestly, when I guard my boundaries around sleep and I’m careful about caffeine I do feel quite refreshed after a good nights sleep. It requires work though and I’m not very good about being consistent with it.

I’ve been trying to prioritize sleep about the last year - year and a half now - try to keep a consistent bed time between 8:30-9 up but 4ish most days - and it seems I feel better those days than if I sleep in - and now if I get up after 4 or 5 ish even in the weekends - I get bummed cause I feel like I didn’t attack the day 🤷‍♂️

[/quote]

What on earth does one do at 5 a.m. to attack the day? Do you exercise 7 days a week?

They say that getting up the same time every day is key, but when I'm not working I like to roll around in bed for a few extra hours bc it feels like a treat. However, I've noticed that when I do this I feel like crap for the rest of the day.

@TwitchyMagee Caffeine may also play a roll in my sleep issues. I run on caffeine all day long!
    Me thinks we all know what to do to take better care of ourselves, the problem is doing it and staying consistent.

Take care of you the way you'd take care of someone you love. ♥️ PSA

Let's just cancel today and all meet on the leather sofa.

ETA - Quotes all kindsa twisted up 😤
  • cowsfan12

What on earth does one do at 5 a.m. to attack the day? Do you exercise 7 days a week?

They say that getting up the same time every day is key, but when I'm not working I like to roll around in bed for a few extra hours bc it feels like a treat. However, I've noticed that when I do this I feel like crap for the rest of the day.

@TwitchyMagee Caffeine may also play a roll in my sleep issues. I run on caffeine all day long!
    Me thinks we all know what to do to take better care of ourselves, the problem is doing it and staying consistent.

ETA - Quotes all kindsa twisted up 😤[/quote]

I try to gym 5-6 days a week - rest Sunday: - but if I get up early on Sunday - I can get some laundry done - clean what not - then just chill the rest of the day - football nap - whatevs - but this doesn’t always happen. - A lot of Sundays I do sleep in - but then I’m bummed for not attacking said day - nah I’m sayin -

• Peachesnstuff
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

I try to gym 5-6 days a week - rest Sunday: - but if I get up early on Sunday - I can get some laundry done - clean what not - then just chill the rest of the day - football nap - whatevs - but this doesn’t always happen. - A lot of Sundays I do sleep in - but then I’m bummed for not attacking said day - nah I’m sayin -

[/quote]

Yup. I feel so much better when I roll outta bed and leave the house. That's why I struggle with Sunday, and it's too cold to wake up and walk the dogs. So I lay around and feel like crap the rest of the day. Yes, I get things accomplished but I'm more productive when I'm bounced outta the house at 6:30 a.m.
  • cowsfan12

Yup. I feel so much better when I roll outta bed and leave
    the house. That's why I struggle with Sunday, and it's too cold to wake up and walk the dogs. So I
    lay around and feel like crap the rest of the day. Yes, I get things accomplished but I'm more productive when I'm bounced outta the house at 6:30 a.m. [/quote]

Yeah some crazy chick I know used to talk about getting the fence pressure washed before 8am on a Saturday and I thought she was nuts - turns out she knew wht she was taking bout - who knew
  • Peachesnstuff

Yup. I feel so much better when I roll outta bed and leave
    the house. That's why I struggle with Sunday, and it's too cold to wake up and walk the dogs. So I
    lay around and feel like crap the rest of the day. Yes, I get things accomplished but I'm more productive when I'm bounced outta the house at 6:30 a.m.

Yeah some crazy chick I know used to talk about getting the fence pressure washed before 8am on a Saturday and I thought she was nuts - turns out she knew wht she was taking bout - who knew
    [/quote]

She knows things 😉
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    There are so many lurkers up in here. I'm forever getting friend requests from people I've never even seen around here.

My friends don't even want to be my friend on here 😂
    Pro tip: If you never visit your wall you will never know that you have friend requests.
  • Peachesnstuff
    There are so many lurkers up in here. I'm forever getting friend requests from people I've never even seen around here.

Pro tip: If you never visit your wall you will never know that you have friend requests.

Noted.

But then I'll miss out on my love notes from my 5 friends
  • bellababy9031
    bellababy9031 Posts: 287 Member

Noted.

I'll love the freak right outta you up in here in front of every body. Now, take off your pants.
  • bellababy9031
    bellababy9031 Posts: 287 Member

Noted.

I'll love the freak right outta you up in here in front of every body. Now, take off your pants.

NOW, you can say I am stalking you baybee!!! <3
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,132 Member
    8 hour zoom class again today, put soup on at lunch break, gonna get a workout in then take the boy to his school's festival of the arts. Can't wait for the classes to be done
  • TwitchyMagee
    8 hour zoom class again today, put soup on at lunch break, gonna get a workout in then take the boy to his school's festival of the arts. Can't wait for the classes to be done

How much longer do you have to go?
  • Alinouveau2

One more class tomorrow then an exam. Then a other course that's just read and learn yourself then another 4 days of zoom. I'm hoping to be completely done in early January
  • TwitchyMagee

One more class tomorrow then an exam. Then a other course that's just read and learn yourself then another 4 days of zoom. I'm hoping to be completely done in early January
    This is so cool!
  • Peachesnstuff
    Revolu7 wrote: »

I think i would annoy you. I dont sleep much at all but i think its good sleep because i wake up pretty easily and fairly alert every morning. I get up everyday between 4 and 4:30am to start my day with a workout and take care of my animals before work. Its my favorite part of the day. i think maybe thats why getting out of bed alert and usually in a good mood happens for me. I know for those first 2 plus hours of the day its all my time and nobody is looking for me or needing anything. By 7am my day becomes fast moving and chaotic and and i no longer have that "me" time. I think sleep is good but i enjoy being awake more. Especially early mornings.

Annoy? No
    Jealous? Yes

I suffered through years of insomnia after losing my Dad. My sleep pattern was - lay down, stare at the clock til I fell asleep, wake up an hour later, stare at the clock for a few hours...by 3 a.m. I'd just give up until I needed to get ready for work. Averaging about 2 - 3 hours of sleep, which wasn't sufficient for a clear head.

Things have definitely improved, but I toss and turn a lot during the evening. I think I just need to hit the floor running...or accept the fact that this is just the way it's going to be for me. It's a huge improvement, but it's not ideal.
  • Alinouveau2

This is so cool!

I might actually finish something!!!
  • Alinouveau2
    I'm kind of looking forward to going to an event next week that people i went to restaurant management school with. I've kept in touch with a friend and he sent me the info. I'll actually get to finally meet some of the kids I "met" online and see they host an amazing event.