Let me know you a little better

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    I sneaked reads of inappropriate novels when I was a kid & Im mostly ok.

I don’t remember what age I was when I read a romance novel laying around my house but when it got to the first naughty scene… I threw that thing away from me and into the closet. I did go back for it though but I was just too pure. 🥲

😂 i love this & I’m glad you were free from flowers in the attic & gruesome suicide stats
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    edited October 2022
    The first dirty book I read was
    “Goodbye Janette” by Harold Robbins.
    Ex and I read it together.
    I can’t believe I hadn’t read any before that!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    Dayuuuum. I've done Harold Robbins and Jackie Collins and all the VC Andrews books.

I think my first trashy novel as a kid was Sheila Levine is Dead and Living in New York by Gail Parent. At one point in my adulthood I thought it would be interesting to reread but I could never find a copy.

Raise your hand if you've read Judy Blume. My whole 5th grade class pretty much did their oral reports on Forever.

I moved on to sci fi fantasy like David Eddings and Mercedes Lackey.
  • TwitchyMagee

I don’t remember what age I was when I read a romance novel laying around my house but when it got to the first naughty scene… I threw that thing away from me and into the closet. I did go back for it though but I was just too pure. 🥲

😂 i love this
    glassyo wrote: »
    Dayuuuum. I've done Harold Robbins and Jackie Collins and all the VC Andrews books.

I think my first trashy novel as a kid was Sheila Levine is Dead and Living in New York by Gail Parent. At one point in my adulthood I thought it would be interesting to reread but I could never find a copy.

Raise your hand if you've read Judy Blume. My whole 5th grade class pretty much did their oral reports on Forever.

There was a copy in the library that fell open to all the right pages. I was older by then. 12 or 13
  • glassyo

😂 i love this

There was a copy in the library that fell open to all the right pages. I was older by then. 12 or 13

Any highlighting?
  • TwitchyMagee

😂 i love this

Any highlighting?
    The librarians we had would not have tolerated such shenanigans. But I still know that you shouldn’t put cologne on delicate body parts.

The library was such an important part of my adolescence. It’s where my friends I gathered from the ages of 12 through about 15 or 16 when we started being hooligans at the park. And honestly I learned so much willingly and freely. Greek myths and the joy of sex. It was just a very fun, rich existence.
  • BayBlue22
    BayBlue22 Posts: 147 Member
    Some similar library memories going back about 35 years ago first girlfriend loved books. I was a high school student to write a library book database program.
  • honey_honey_12
    I have learned a good (I won’t say valuable) lesson since interacting on MFP with people I don’t know.

If I’m irritated or have a differing opinion on a post.

Keep my mouth shut. 🤐
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,126 Member
    I have learned a good (I won’t say valuable) lesson since interacting on MFP with people I don’t know.

Keep my mouth shut. 🤐

But sometimes it's fun to be the devil's advocate.
  • glassyo

Keep my mouth shut. 🤐

I love being the devil's advocate but people don't appreciate that.
  • BayBlue22
    BayBlue22 Posts: 147 Member
    Some do.
  • glassyo
    My favorite quote from The Devil's Advocate:

99rsksuxs0ot.png
  • honey_honey_12

Keep my mouth shut. 🤐

I agree but I don’t find it fun here.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,688 Member
    In high school English, learning about British authors, we were assigned to read Chaucer's "Canterbury Tales." Teacher sent home notes for parents to sign, asking which student would be allowed to read the original story and which ones the "safe for conservative families" version. Really opens up the eyes when you see the original version, I tell you what!
  • honey_honey_12
    I learned from a young age how I can get attention.
    I miss that attention but I’m not willing to do what I have to do to get it now.
    I think at my age it just comes off
    kind of classless.
    Woe is me.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member

😂 i love this

Any highlighting?
    The librarians we had would not have tolerated such shenanigans. But I still know that you shouldn’t put cologne on delicate body parts.

The library was such an important part of my adolescence. It’s where my friends I gathered from the ages of 12 through about 15 or 16 when we started being hooligans at the park. And honestly I learned so much willingly and freely. Greek myths and the joy of sex. It was just a very fun, rich existence.
    Omg. This explains so much of our differences. I was just telling my one son today “I’m so glad I grew up in the time when malls were cool hangout places.” That’s where you’d find me at those ages. And then working there when I was old enough. (We went to our mall today. It’s LEGIT a Planet Fitness with a mostly empty mall attached. It’s pitiful.) I did like to read though.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,010 Member

Keep my mouth shut. 🤐

I get this. Every time im on here i see something i find irritating or i dont agree with. I for the most part leave it alone. In real life vigorous debate is not only good, its necessary. On social media not so much. Or at least not for me anyway, and definitely not on MFP
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,010 Member
    I eat 3 dozen eggs a week. 3 every morning a few hard boiled as snacks during the day. I think thats a lot.....
  • TwitchyMagee
    g
    MelG7777 wrote: »

😂 i love this

Any highlighting?

Omg. This explains so much of our differences. I was just telling my one son today “I’m so glad I grew up in the time when malls were cool hangout places.” That’s where you’d find me at those ages. And then working there when I was old enough. (We went to our mall today. It’s LEGIT a Planet Fitness with a mostly empty mall attached. It’s pitiful.) I did like to read though.
    We had a mall but many people still shopped “on the avenue” so we hung out more in the streets & in the park than in the mall & that probably explains some things too. There was a big shift from 13 and 14 at the library to 15, 16, & 17 being a little wild