December 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    @eleanorhawkins - Was it fear or common sense kicking in? You were alone on the side of a mountain with a steep and sharp drop off. You made a decision that kept you from serious injury. You re-routed and completed your half marathon mileage. Pat yourself on the back woman! You are a bada$$ and don't let that tiny inner voice tell you any different!

I agree with @Teresa502. From your description, I wouldn't run that trail either. Hiking it alone even seems a bit dicey. I have never been afraid of heights but as I get older I am more aware of potential injury and death. There are things I did when younger that I would probably not do now.

@sahibachahalxoxo Welcome! Feel free to set a non mileage goal if you are unsure of how many miles you might accumulate. It can be tricky when you first start out to know what is reasonable for you personally. Are you following any specific plan?

@klosrobert Welcome to you too! Love to see some new faces. Are you training for anything specific?
  • sahibachahalxoxo
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins @martaindale @quilteryoyo to be honest I have a very tumultuous relationship with weight and working out...i work hard and lose the weight then I don't know why but I give in those bad habits again and put it all back...its not like I lose 10kgs in 2 months situation, I would lose it in say 4 months. So even the weight gain is gradually. But the problem lies in the fact that I can see it happening but I'm not doing anything consciously to control it. And then the process of losing weight starts all over again...and its tiring. 😔 so this time I want to focus on creating one habit at a time & be part of a larger community that help each other out and guide one another! This is what I want to do differently.
  • sahibachahalxoxo
    Options
    And hope & pray that this time it'll be permanent!
  • Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    @Fit2btied2016 I hope we will get to see some puppy pictures soon. I am curious ;).

@AlphaHowls It’s really remarkable that you do your running inside your house. I agree with the boredom assessment. There is always something one can do to not “be bored”. My kids would often beg to differ, at least verbally, but I think that is a standard response. It’s an important skill to learn how to entertain oneself :).
  • Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    @sahibachahalxoxo
    Welcome! Thanks for sharing your weight loss goals. In my opinion the keys to long term weight loss are developing routines that are sustainable in the long-term, being able to switch them up to keep things fun and interesting, and being kind to yourself when you deviate from any pre-set plans ;). Good luck on your journey :)! You got this!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,975 Member
    Options
    Great running @kgirlhart !

I like your new goal @sahibachahalxoxo ! You are going to do great. Don't forget, if the couch to 5K is too hard one week, there's no shame in repeating the prior week's workouts.

Another excellent run @tarun_yadavA ! Congrats on reaching 1600 miles for the year and enjoy your time off from work!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,104 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo - thank you!!☺️
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,980 Member
    Options
    December Goal: 100 Miles

12/1: 5.26 miles
    12/4: 11.01 miles
    12/5: 5.15 miles
    12/6: 5.26 miles
    12/8: 5.51 miles
    12/10:1.01 miles (warm-up)
    12/10: 3.25 miles (Wags and Wiskers 5K) - 1st place overall female
    12/11: 6.25 miles
    12/12: 5.26 miles
    12/14: 5.26 miles
    12/15: 5.50 miles
    12/17: 10.10 miles
    12/20: 6.02 miles
    12/21: 5.26 miles

80.10/100 miles completed for December

Thanks @teresa502, @summerskier,@quilteryoyo, @martaindale, @Tramboman

@teresa502 and @martaindale

I ran 5 miles today. It was colder than yesterday, but it was a nice run. I saw 5 deer running across the road by the park. I wore long tights, 2 pair of sleeves, gloves and an earband. I took off one pair of sleeves and by the end I was thinking I would have been ok in capris, but for the most part I was good. I'm still not sure if I will run tomorrow or not. I am planning to. The forecast says 43°F feels like 36° and getting colder. So unless the cold front gets here earlier than expected I will plan to run. But if it is colder than 20° I won't. It is supposed to be 13°F feels like 2° on Friday. Luckily that is my scheduled rest day.

@sahibachahalxoxo That sounds like a great plan.

@Laurz9191 Sounds like you weren't quite ready. I hope you feel better soon. Don't try to rush it, just take care of yourself.

exercise.png