WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

vwdiq5qns1ew.jpg

:) A new day, a new month, a new year---a host of clean slates to make a fresh start on a lingering plan. I have lots of good habits and behaviours in place and another that I'd like to make part of my life. This looks like a good time and place to make that change.

:) Growing and making these changes has worked best for me with the support and encouragement of others so I'm glad you are all here with me.

:) The name of the thread is "Women Ages 50+" but all women are welcome. We are a chatty bunch and welcome new input on the topics that are raised.

:) Be sure to bookmark the thread so you can find it again.

:) Please sign your post with a name or a nickname and a location, specific or general to make it easier for us to identify each other.

:) I choose a word for the year as a guide to help me grow. My word for 2022 was "continue" to remind me of all the good habits I've had in place and to urge me on when the going gets rough.

:) My word for 2023 will be "please" to remind me to be kind and do things that will please me and the others in my life, to remind me that politeness (saying "Please") will take me far in dealing with others, and to urge me make my environment as pleasing as possible (organizing and decluttering might fit in here).

<3 Barbie in NW WA
"The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials."---Lin Yutang

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,927 Member
    Thank you Barbie!!!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,100 Member
    Thank you, Barbie!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    Hello Ladies, just joined today! My word for 2023 will be Kindness, to others and myself. I look forward to knowing you all as we encourage each other. Happy New Year!
    Nene, Ontario Canada

:) Welcome. I hope you will keep coming back
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Thank you Barbie!

Happy New Year Ladies!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    :) Our New Year's Eve celebration included chicken tostada salads from the Taco Time drive through followed by watching "Bullet Train" on Netflix. We'll be in bed by 7:00 🎊🥳
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,069 Member
    🎶🎶❤️🎶🎶