January 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo thanks for the encouragement.

Yesterday was an easy pace "recovery run'. Only 15 minutes, but proud to say I didn't need to stop to jog and actually felt I could go longer. Building up to some of the longer runs that I know are coming in the next few weeks.

No run today, but I will try to go for a walk at lunch. Or sometime during the day. My computer needs some updates and our IT guy says it will take about 30 minutes, so maybe I'll pop out the office then if they don't need me around.

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,968 Member
    Options
    Thanks @martaindale ! Looking forward to reading about your experience. Love your picture.

Congrats on the 15 minute run @JennieMaeK . Building slowly is the way to go!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    @shanaber (and anyone else in CA) wondering how you are doing with the terrible storms? Hope you are OK!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA hope you feel better soon. A doctor in the family sounds super useful!
    @quilteryoyo wow, I can't believe it's 2 years already. Time flies! When will you hear about the results of your monitor? Or did I miss that? Speed reading atm, busy week.
    @martaindale looking forward to reading your report, what an amazing feat! I can understand it feeling nice to not have to train now.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 @eleanorhawkins @quilteryoyo
    Thanks ladies! 😊

@Teresa502 - enjoy run-seeing in Va
  • Scott6255
    Options
    Hey nice to see you back @Tramboman

10 miles this evening. Wow 82°F for this run! That's pretty rough. But have to get in some longer runs during the week because going to Austin this weekend and probably won't be able to do much (or any) running.

exercise.png
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,976 Member
    Options
    January Goal: 100 Miles

1/1: 10.50 miles
    1/3: 6.01 miles
    1/4: 5.11 miles
    1/5: 5.60 miles
    1/8: 11.03 miles
    1/10: 6.02 miles

44.27/100 miles completed for January

It was a lovely 59°F this morning. I ran 6 miles. It was mostly an uneventful run. I did see a skunk, but not much else. I just enjoyed the quiet morning with myself. Tomorrow should be about the same. I need to go to bed a little earlier. I was dragging a bit this morning.

@martaindale Great picture! I can't wait to read the full report.

exercise.png

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Scott6255 Great run in the "heat." I'm not used to using that word in Jan. I hope you enjoy your trip to Austin.

Glad you aren't affected too much by the floods @shanaber .

Great run @kgirlhart . I'm glad the skunks don't bother you.

@tarun_yadavA I'm glad you were able to get out for a short run. Hope you feel back to normal soon!

@spl8 A joyful run is a great run, regardless of the distance or pace. :love:
  • spl8
    spl8 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @martaindale, I am profoundly impressed. My daughter's special needs running club goes to Disney for the marathon weekend every other year (we haven't done it because my daughter has difficulty with crowds), and several club members have talked about doing the Dopey challenge, but I don't know anyone who actually has done it. That's an amazing accomplishment. Congratulations!
  • Scott6255
    Options
    Very nice race report @martaindale! You trained well and even with you recovering from your Achilles, you managed those races really well. Congrats 👏🎉

Did 8 miles on the treadmill this evening due to high winds and 80+ temps.

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Amazing @martaindale ! I love that you even hopped off the course to ride a rollercoaster. The strava map is fun! Love all the medals. You are a rock star!

I worked at daycare today. I was only home for a little over an hour before I needed to leave to pick up mom for church, so I did a two mile walk on the treadmill. I didn't want to have to sweat.

exercise.png