January 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,815 Member
    Options
    So when you go off course to ride a rollercoaster do they "pause" your race time? Sounds like fun! Great report and super BLING!!!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,981 Member
    Options
    Great running @kgirlhart ! It is interesting that your hands got cold. I guess you were so speedy you were creating your own wind chill. :wink:

@Laurz9191 Sounds like you are doing great with your training. I hope your weekend run goes well.

@tarun_yadavA Ok. Ignore my comment on the newsfeed. So sorry you still aren't feeling well. I hope a couple of days rest will do the trick for you. That's such a tiny amount of oats. At least it stayed down.

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Sorry to hear your dad is in the hospital. My parents do the same thing. I often find out about stuff after the fact.

@SummerSkier They do not pause your time. Luckily there wasn't really a line as the park had only been open 30 minutes or so and the cast members were pushing us through the single Rider line. They were loading about half of each car with runners so we moved through pretty quickly. That's also part of why I ended with 27 miles.

@tarun_yadavA Sorry to hear you're still feeling sick. That bug sounds brutal.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    January total: 59.1/80 miles run
    8.7/20 miles walk
    71.7/100 miles total

1/1: 5 miles
    1/2: 4.2 miles
    1/5: 3.2 miles
    1/6: 6.4 miles
    1/7: 13.3 miles
    1/8: 27 miles
    1/11: 3.9 mile walk
    1/12: 4.8 mile walk

It was beautiful this morning! I had plenty of time for a nice walk since I don't have to be at work until 10am. I'm enjoying the easier pace of this week and the little break from running. My legs basically feel normal, so I'll probably try some short runs next week.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 hahahahaha. Awww thanks ☺️

PS: sorry to hear about your Dad 😞
    Hope he recovers properly soon.

@martaindale - thank you!

PS: wondered about the 27....
    "She kept going? She wanted her PB to be a whole number and not something with a decimal? *" Lol

PPS: *These people exist. lol
  • spl8
    spl8 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA, I've been reading your posts about running while ill; you are a seriously dedicated runner. Hope you are able to rest and recover. Feel better.

I didn't have much time so I did a run on the neighborhood streets yesterday, which I find so much less satisfying than doing trails. On the other hand, I dislike having to drive somewhere to run. Alas. Tomorrow I will try to do a long (for me) slow trail run. As I try to get back into running, my age is very much showing. I have not been able to ramp it up very much, and I feel tired and stiff a lot. The daily yoga has helped.
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    @spl8 thanks for the kind words!
    Nice to meet you, btw.
    I'm Tarun. 42. London.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA sorry you are still fighting that bug! But also, not super smart to increase both distance and pace. Come on, you know better than that ;) Also, those oats don't look very appetizing 🤢
    Hope your youngest doesn't have the bug as bad as you. Both get better soon!

@Teresa502 sorry about your dad. Glad you will be there with him though.

@martaindale glad your legs are already feeling normal!
  • spl8
    spl8 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA
    Nice to meet you, too. I'm Sue. 59. Long Island, NY.
    Hoping to do a half marathon in the fall after I turn 60.
  • tarun_yadavA
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @Scott6255 @eleanorhawkins yeah you guys are right. I felt better in the morning, thought I'd turned the corner... But alas.
    I am my own worst enemy. 🤦
    Ego just got the better of me. Stupid.

Noted RE: Oats. Lol.
    Couple of teaspoons - as a start!

@spl8 nice to meet you! ☺️Good luck with the Half later in the year.
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I’ve not got out for a run yet this week. We r getting really stormy windy wet weather since Monday with lots of flooding now. Some places have lost power & I thought we were going to too this afternoon the wind was so bad. I kept saving my work every few minutes incase the computer went off. It’s to ease off a bit by 2moro so there’s still few days before week is over. I only need a calm half hour😅 . I’ve been using my spin bike in the morning instead but want to get outside

@martaindale Congrats on ur races & fast recovery.
    @Teresa502 Hope ur Dad gets on ok