WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Well i texted Tracy and Kyle works tomorrow..thank goodness.,other than that I didn't contact her like I usually.do.
    PT tomorrow afternoon wish me luck lol
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Ugh can't sleep, im overtired and my mind is racing.. and I just have to just let go ..so I can sleep.. have to take care of my little guy tomorrow..
    And i keep running through my mind what I want to say to Tracy.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Allie)))— Rest is often best. I hope you will be able to sleep tonight. Let tomorrow take care of itself. ❤️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Rori!

I'm in a lazy funk. But at least I finally trimmed Teddy today. He looks much slimmer and the little starter mats are gone. Much better.

The book I wanted to listen to went on sale, so I've got it on my Kindle Paperwhite. Now I have to pair the earbuds with the Kindle, and I will be ready to listen and walk. It's the first Agatha Raisin book.

I have a Dr appointment on Tuesday that has me brooding. Whatever will be, will be. No sense in worrying about it. I'm driving myself this time, and somehow it feels like the first step in growing old alone. What a terrible attitude! But I can't seem to shake it.

Annie in Delaware

I've gone to the doctor by myself since I was about 19 years old. It's just part of being an adult.

M in Oz
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Suebdew Sorry to hear about your BIL, thinking of you and your Sister <3

Viv UK
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Suebdew - How very sad that the pain relief wasn't effective. I hope you will all find peace together when you meet for the funeral. Sending my very best wishes for you all. Thinking of you. <3

Tracey - Much love. It's good your DH is going out there. It will help him. Strength to you as you wait. Often the hardest thing. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    {{{{Sue and Tracey}}}}
  • Machka9
    Options
    l28en4sqg1a1.png

Warmth
    Sun
    My near-complete dry stream
    Flowers
    The bees
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Not much time this morning as I have Creative Writing am, and Monday Painters after lunch.

Intentions for today:
    ♦️10.30am Creative Writing
    ♦️2pm Monday Oainters
    ♦️look out fabric for embroidery journal
    ♦️solid habits

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• Machka9
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    It's been a great weekend celebrating my 67th Spin Around the Sun. Had lunch with neighbors, dinner with niece and enjoyed an unusually sunny and warm day walking for 3 hours at our big Flea and Farmers Market. Didn't need a blessed thing but still managed to fill a bag with cheap little "finds" that make me smile: a new pair of snowpants, lucky bamboo branches and a vintage Denver Nuggets tshirt. Also some beautiful mangos and apple bananas. Score!
    Rori
    Colorado Foothills

Happy Birthday!!

• Machka9
    Options
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think. Does silently working in the garden count? Done! I sat silently for 7 minutes and prayed.

2 List 5 things using each of your senses. Right now? I can see my Christmas decorations, I can hear Christmas songs, I can taste my coffee, I can smell my coffee, and I can feel a comfortable temperature in the room.

3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house. I'm not in a downsizing or reducing mode so I've taken some lunch things to work, I will take an item to be mailed and another to be given to the people at work.

4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever). I can't tell you what my favourite Christmas gift this year is yet. It's a secret.

5 Move for at least 30 minutes today. Absolutely. It's a very rare day that I don't.

6 Share a goal you achieved last year. We completed the longest bicycle ride since my husband's accident and the fastest.

7 Slow down and savor one meal today. Mmmm ... pizza!

8 Who was your favorite teacher. My father. :):) But I've had quite a few good teachers, in addition to him, over the years.

9 Create something today. I finished creating my first work-related project plan today.

10 What is your favorite lyric from a song. Difficult one given that I like so much music. But let's go with: "A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices"

11 Send a card/note to someone today. Do emails count?

12 What are you looking forward to in 2023? Can't tell you that! It's a secret ... same secret as my favourite Christmas gift. :)

13 Tell a random person they look "good" today. It's a bit late in the day to read this and didn't meet too many random people today ... or people in general. But I smiled at some horses and told Rhody he's gorgeous.

14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)
    One is a secret ... I should be able to tell you by the end of the month.
    My skin cancer surgery went better than expected and all my margins are clear.
    I've been able to hold my granddaughter.

15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week. Well, I did email a couple people yesterday. :)

16 What made you smile today. Do you mean like evil laughter?? :naughty: Or a happy smile? :smiley:
    Happy would be big fresh strawberries from our plants and my colouring book. I'm colouring little rainbows right now.

17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    21 Pay it forward in some way
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?
    23 Go an entire day without complaining
    24 What about you makes you special?
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Rebecca - Yes, I see it as Art in a very plain room. Or a colourful bedspread in an all white bedroom. I don't think it would be difficult to do, just time consuming! I could see it in my guest room, which is aqua. Blue and pink are my default colours. :D

So many things to watch on TV tonight, after two nights of nothing! Why does that happen so often? I can only record two things at once, so have had to leave one programme and catch up on it on iplayer. New 'Vera' which I am recording, so we can skip the adverts. Also 'Great Pottery Throw Down'. Watching 'Call the Midwife' and 'Happy Valley'. 'Digging for Britain', with my favourite fantasy dinner party guest, Alice Roberts, will have to stay on iplayer. We often watch the BBC, with no adverts, and record the commercial channels.

So, lots of treats in store!

Love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I bought the whole set of the Newhart TV series for us for Christmas so that we would have something to watch!! I haven't seen Newhart in years, probably a couple decades, at least, and my husband has never seen the series. It wasn't played in Australia ... or not widely if it was.

We were getting rather bored with seeing everything on TV for 100th time.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    LovePBandJ wrote: »

@KJLaMore what is this list? It seems nice.

The list below ... :)
    Thanks so much for the JANUARY 2023 thread, Barbie!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!

I'll share the list I made again here, Kelly. Check it out below.

OMGosh that Miles Smile, Allie! DANG!

Oh Barbie... Harley was arguing with the fireworks again last night! I'm surprised he didn't have the neighbors up in arms! Hopefully they were all awake anyway. (and they didn't last long) smh, that little monster.

Is that supposed to be the Cheshire Cat, Heather? Love the artwork.

My three minutes turned into five and then almost ten... it was so relaxing. But then Mom was really into transcendental meditation when we were kids and taught us all how to do it. I've missed that. We were all able to slow our heartbeats WAY down. I've used that so many times in the last several years in all sorts of meaninful ways! LOL Think I need to add this to my daily prayers every morning again.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN

I really, REALLY like this gratitude thing, so I grabbed a boatload of these lists and I tweaked it big time! So I'm going to keep it going... myself. One day you're doing, or NOT doing... like the 1st, the next day you're thinking/reflecting.
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think
    2 List 5 things using each of your senses
    3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house
    4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever)
    5 Move for at least 30 minutes today
    6 Share a goal you achieved last year
    7 Slow down and savor one meal today
    8 Who was your favorite teacher
    9 Create something today
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song
    11 Send a card/note to someone today
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023?
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week
    16 What made you smile today
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    21 Pay it forward in some way
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?
    23 Go an entire day without complaining
    24 What about you makes you special?
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...