WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,605 Member
    Options
    Good Monday,
    Hugs to (((all of you. )))

Allie Prayers. Remember she needs time to process what you have said. Continue to be "there" for all of them.

I am so glad I got a nap yesterday! Once we got home I knew I needed to vacuum seal the venison. It should have taken about an hour. ....but took much longer. Meat in fridge must go in pan to prevent leakage, note to self. I guess my fridge wanted cleaned out🤪. Late to bed. But kitchen and fridge clean. I even got stuffs into crockpot for dinner tonight. I figured kitchen was already a mess, so easier to clean up once.

I managed 90% of my specific goals for last week. Not bad....Got a little more specific on some of them.

15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week – I called and texted a senior friend that I haven’t heard back from since November. No answer. Also texted my sister- no response.

I will be carrying you all in my pocket today.

<3
    Kylia in Ohio getting ready to head to work

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Well done Allie. <3 You have done the right thing. People are often afraid of the truth and yes, they do think it's normal to live on eggshells. No, it's not. NOT. Change is scary for everyone, they would rather live in their familiar suffering than take a brave step into the unknown. We all know how hard it can be to take your future into your own hands, but it is essential for a truly happy life. No one should ever put up with a person who is indulging in toxic behaviour. Your partner should be just that, a partner for your mutual growth and happiness.
    She needs time to assimilate the information and your considered, loving, intervention. We love you. <3

Did a bit more work on my book publication today, but chickened out of actually putting it on. :o Soon, very soon. ;)
    It's ready for me to push the button.

Then I chatted to my friend G who has just got back from an expedition to France.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,374 Member
    Options
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    (((Sue))), thinking of you and your sister.

(((Tracey)))

I'm missing Jack. Today is our anniversary. It is hard not to have him to talk to everyday...it's really the little things that get me. I catch myself realizing that I don't have someone to discuss the everyday thoughts. But I feel lucky we had years together and I have family and friends that have rallied around and have supported me.

Betsy in NW WA

Betsy - So much love coming your way. The dates always sneak up on us, don't they? One thing that helped me for quite some time was writing letters to my mother. I was in the habit of writing to her before she died, and would send the letters to her. After her death, I didn't stop writing her letters until well over a year later. I just kept them in a notebook. I finally stopped when I re-read my last letter to her and realized I was lying to her and telling her I was fine so she wouldn't get upset. Perhaps writing letters to Jack in the evenings might help? Just a thought.

Much love,
    Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    Well Tracy thinks alot of it is Carmines fault,once he went from Taliah to Carmine its been a rough road and when he isnt around all is quiet,
    But Kyle being raise by a psychopath doesn't help..
    She knows its rough and no marriage is all flowers and all.but I don't need to hear about how you grew up,about grandpa and yes we yell ..
    But It just hurts me so to see them going through this.
    She said if he was dangerous she wouldn't be here.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,374 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, Allie - you and your family will get through this, too. I'm glad you said something, and I think you'll be glad of it later. Pretending that all that rage is OK gets to be a habit. You've done all you can for right now, my dear friend.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    (((Allie))) You did the right thing. You can't control the audience. You can only set your own boundaries for your own health you need to tell Tracy you can no longer be around Kyle. I have a brother that I have to set that boundary. He has anger issues too! I do not feel safe around him just like you do not feel safe around Kyle. I pray for my brother and wish him well but I will not let him get close to me.

When I was in a tough spot my sister told me the story about the frog. If a frog is put in water and the water gets hotter the frog does not have enough sense to jump out. It takes an outside force to help the frog. If the frog recognizes the water is boiling it will have enough sense to not get in in the first place.

Your first priority is your own health then the health of your grandchildren.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you GRANDMALLIE
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Dr appt this morning. BP 148/85 - top end of normal. It has been about that for a while. Not worried but I would kinda like to get it lower.

Pre-2018 it was usually quite low.

M in Oz

I have found mine to be a bit higher post-menopause. Not high, but higher than before.

Tina in soggy CA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Hmm Machka now that you mention it, I have been to the doctor alone a thousand times. I remember once my ex husband said he was coming along, and I was so shocked! Just goes to show how I get a warped viewpoint feeling sorry for myself. Flea you are a marvel of strength. And thank you Michele for the warm wishes!

Annie in Delaware