• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,951 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My DH is responsible for the trash in our house. :D:p I do empty my bathroom and bedroom bin into it, but otherwise it's his job. Also recycling. I think that's traditional in the UK. I also have noticed many of you mowing the grass. In the UK that is generally the man's job. Cultural differences are fascinating!

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Yes, my husband does the rubbish and mows the lawn. I have never mowed a lawn in my life. If he were not in my life any more I would hire someone to mow the lawn (I did that while he was in hospital) and I would be planning to move somewhere with no lawn.

My husbands have also done all the kitchen stuff. That's also the man's job!

Even Rhody gets concerned if I am doing something in the kitchen!

M in Oz

I actually really enjoy mowing the lawn. The one we have now is so small, usually just get the weed eater out instead of pulling the mower out, especially for the back yard. To Dh it is a chore, to me, it is relaxing. It is considered a man's job but I am a country girl and like stuff like that. Dh is a city boy and not into any yard work at all. I do most of it because I enjoy it.
    Next chore out there for me is pruning all the rose bushes. That will take a few days to get them all done. Should start working on them this week while we get a little break from all the rain.
    I even enjoyed mowing the one I had back in Mobile- that was a chore though. It was an electric mower, with a cord(no battery ones way back then) It took three or four long extension cords to do all of the the front . Not quite a much in the back. The mowing wasn't the big deal, it was running over fire ant hills on accident that was bigger deal.
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year,ladies!Its nice to see a lot of familiar names.Took me a bit to get caught up.Y’all are still right chatty 😊.
    Deb in Va
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,951 Member
    Options
    Heading out to walk the wetlands- first time down to the river in a few months.
    Will only do the hour walk but will really enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing if the birds have returned. There were only few the other times I have gone there for super short walks in the rain.

Tonight will be making cashew chicken with a lot more veggies than the recipe calls for. Looking forward to it.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, Ca
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Yea for Jake!!!

Michele NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - I just went to send you a friend request on FB, and you'd already beat me to it!!!!

thanks,

Michele NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Had such fun with Bea. What a gal! She was delighted her father was late as she got 'extra time'. Her huge imagination and acting ability are non-stop entertainment. I did refuse her a second helping of ice cream, because she was ordering me about and calling me an 'old lady'. >:) Jokingly, but......
    Earlier I was joking about needing new metal hips, so I know where she got the idea from! :p That walk to and from school is very hard on my hips. I had to sit on a wall on the way home.

Lisa - I've checked the Kindle app on my tablet and it's perfectly fine. So maybe it's just the phone pages, being too small. Haven't checked yet on my Paperwhite.
    I'm knackered tonight. Amazing how emotional it all is.
    I feel as if I've done something that's been sitting in my head for years.

Soooo looking forward to seeing the apartment on Saturday. The intercom doesn't work, so we will have to phone them from outside!
    They are still using the rigged up Internet because it can't be done until Saturday! Fortunately, the crazy system works.

DH's daughter may come down 'for lunch' on Sunday. It doesn't work well for me as she can never stipulate a time and we usually lunch early. Plus it makes it difficult to book somewhere. Most places are full for Sunday lunch. I would cater, but that isn't really her thing. Kinda hoping it doesn't work out. I'm not good with 'loose' arrangements.

Freezing cold here this week. Lots of places have snow, but none for us.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 9min 42sec, 48elev, 2.69ap, 94ahr, 120mhr, 6.13mi= 590c
    Strava app = 750c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 32.50min, 85elev, 93aw, 18.4amph, 124ahr, 153mhr, 10.05mi= 286c
    Strava app = 173c
    Zwift stats- 32.51min, 86elev, 92aw, 67arpm, 18.45amph, 10.1mi= 174c

Total cal 876

Lucy walked her full 6miles today:0)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    you go Lucy!!!