WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,605 Member
    Options
    Tracey My thoughts and prayers are also with you and your family. Safe travels. ((Hugs))

Lanette I knew they recommend someone to be with a person for 24 hrs. I thought more for Machka's reasons. I didn't realize the effect on the brain. Someone has always been available for me luckily, even when I think it is unnecessary.

Managed 7 hours of sleep last night‐yay!

Evelyn ((Hugs)) Winter, rain, yuck, None of those help energy. You did remind me to take my Vitamin D this morning. We are averaging a couple hours of sunshine a week.

Hugs to all because we all need them!
    Encouragement to all in our daily lives!

Kylia in Ohio where winter is trying to come back
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Tracey - I’m so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. I hope you can see your Mom while you’re there.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Tracey I'm so sad to hear about your father-in-law. Hope your trip goes smoothly.

Annie in Delaware
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,374 Member
    Options
    Tracey - I'm so sorry about your dear father-in-law, I'm glad your daughter can be with you. I'm sorry, too, because I know you wanted to see him before he passed, but I'm glad Rodger was there. My heart and thoughts go out to you as you and your family go through this.

Much love,
    Lisa in Arkansas
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,528 Member
    Options
    My Father in Law passed this evening.
    My youngest daughter is here and we fly out in about 6 hours.

Tracey in Edmonton

My thoughts are with you
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    (((Tracey)))

Kylia Like you I like it when I am able to have a clean surface. We have a desk in our kitchen and a dining room table that I am working to keep uncluttered. I tend to clutter the kitchen and DH the Dining room table. They do inspire me to keep other areas less cluttered.

Carla yes agree with you I think this is a challenging winter this year. Fortunately on our side of town we did not get as much of the heavy wet snow as predicted. The grayness and two weeks of shoveling, chipping out ice , and roof raking has given me a carb craving. I doesn't help that DH gave me 5 boxes of chocolates for Christmas. I did give some small bags to friends and took some to church which helped. DH is also helping himself to some with my blessing.

I do give good reviews when asked on line for service people who did a good job for me or us. I also keep Target thank you cards handy to give to those who help us. We just got a new dinette set to replace our 20+ year set. The two men who delivered took the old table to the basement.I gave them each a card.

I gave our mailman one recently. They are not allowed to accept cash but gift cards up to $20 are okay. People are really complaining about the iciness of our streets, but many are not doing their part to keep their sidewalks and driveways free of ice. I gave him his gift card right after I saw him fall on a neighbor's driveway. We had quite the discussion about how difficult walking is right now. I see it first hand in trying to walk DrewB. I do keep ours and help two neighbors keep theirs clear so she and I can get out for a brief safe walk. I also made some paths in our backyard.

Barbie I just had 4 spots frozen off too. One was an age spot so it wasn't pre cancerous, but it got puffy and itched so I asked him to remove it.

In the lull from snow yesterday I did make the drive down to Redwing to see DS. I beat him at scrabble by 9 points. I gave him the updated Scrabble dictionary for Christmas it helped both our games. Now it will be my turn to keep the score. First time in a long time.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    (((Tracey and Roger and Family)))

Michele ~ Every time you speak of peeling and slicing onions I cringe. I hate peeling onions! :s

Lisa ~ Congrats on the iron numbers increasing. Hope your health continues to improve. :)

Allie ~ Miles is just as cute as can be! <3

Lanette ~ 75 grams of protein seems like an awful lot.

Debby ~ Your photos of the wet lands are lovely and I can see why you enjoy walking there.

Trying to get back on a healthier eating program!

Carol in GA

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Morning again, y'all, sunny day here, but cold, at 38 degrees.

Good news from the blood tests - my iron storage levels (ferritin) went from 11 to over 55, which means my bone marrow is doing its job. All the other tests improved very slightly, which is good - there is still inflammation showing from the colitis, but my body is dealing with it a little better.

Have I mentioned that I am not a patient person? Yeah, incremental progress is frustrating. But those ferritin numbers are (literally) a shot in the arm. They mean no more infusions for the moment, and they'll check on me in 90 days. Needed a little positive news right now, and I got it.

She was NOT happy about the continued weight loss, but as I told her, I've been stalled here at around 149 for two weeks, hope to stay here. Enough weight off to help make exercise easy, but not so much that I have no fat reserves to get me through.

It is intensely weird to have to make sure I'm eating more after nearly 50 years of restricting my calories. Corey's enjoying cooking for me because he can use butter and cream for the first time in our marriage, but he's also eating what he cooks and has gained a fair bit. He's also 53, and his metabolism's slowing down, too. I just nod and say nothing. He's watched me long enough to know what to do to change that, but he's not ready yet.

(((Tracey))) Thinking of you, all of you.
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

great news on your test results

Our weather is exactly the same as yours today.
    Woke up and Alexa said it was 38. Very sunny, no clouds at all. She says we have no rain expected the next seven days. We did have a big storm go through last night. Loved listening to it.

My husband doesn't cook but loves to eat. I am hoping he will follow my example a little sometime soon.He is over weight, diabetic and high blood pressure but still eats what ever he wants, not thinking about his health at all. I cook healthy for the most part but can't control what he picks up on his own or what he gets while he is out.

Debbie
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,374 Member
    Options
    Oh my, Allie, Miles is getting cuter by the minute. Thanks for the pictures...
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Tracey-So sorry for your loss.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, Tracey. Very sad for your family.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Lisa one step forward for your health! It's been a long struggle, so glad you had some good news.

Annie in Delaware
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Tracey sorry for your loss 💕 Prayers for safe travels for your family. I’m glad that your daughter is going with you.

💕Mary from Arizona/Minnesota