Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• futuresylph
    futuresylph Posts: 2,178 Member
    Any suggestions for large glass containers??

Do you have an Ikea near you? Here's our salad bowl from there, dirt cheap if you don't have to pay for shipping: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/trygg-serving-bowl-clear-glass-20132453/
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    @jonni8214, I'm on 1200 calories too but I don't feel hungry because I eat enough lean protein with lots of vegetables. I have avocados , beans, tofu and a bit of olive oil. I get enough carbs without eating bread, pasta and potatoes.
  • babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    Bump
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    Bump
  • strengthandpower
    strengthandpower Posts: 5 Member
    I want to try this style of eating since the main thing I've learned about being able to stick to restricted calories is to feel satieted while intaking the least amount of calories possible.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    I want to try this style of eating since the main thing I've learned about being able to stick to restricted calories is to feel satieted while intaking the least amount of calories possible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Volumeeating/

You might then enjoy this site^
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Latkano powdered peanut butter glycomannan sugar free maple almond milk. Good Good preserves Carbonot bread less then 100 calories

b9lng97mpa1v.jpg
    4qhnv3mlowvv.jpg
  • imjenzer
    imjenzer Posts: 1 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    I also prefer large volumes of food, but I don't really eat fruits or veggies, so it is something I struggle with. Following along for, hopefully, some good ideas.

My best addition to this thread, though it's not "real food" is probably going to be protein fluff. Basically, 1 scoop of casein, 10ish oz of a liquid, and a little xanthan gum, then whip the hell out of it... ends up having the consistency very similar to mousse or whipped cream.

https://youtu.be/oR3Z028prSU

I should definitely try do this!!
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Hi there! I'm a volume eater and working on lowering the energy density (calories over grams) of my overall diet. I just read this Precision Nutrition article, which I found interesting, and I was wondering if any of you have weighed everything you eat in a day. https://www.precisionnutrition.com/what-are-your-4-lbs

Do you eat about 4 pounds in a day? Have you calculated the overall energy density of your diet. Do you use energy density as a guide in picking out foods?
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Hi there! I'm a volume eater and working on lowering the energy density (calories over grams) of my overall diet. I just read this Precision Nutrition article, which I found interesting, and I was wondering if any of you have weighed everything you eat in a day. https://www.precisionnutrition.com/what-are-your-4-lbs

Do you eat about 4 pounds in a day? Have you calculated the overall energy density of your diet. Do you use energy density as a guide in picking out foods?

I weigh all my food but never calculated a 5otal weight.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 do you have a screenshot or list of the amounts for each ingredient? Or even a written version of the recipes? I watched most of the video, but I didn't see the amounts. I'm really interested in trying these. Thanks!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited June 2022
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @Noreenmarie1234 do you have a screenshot or list of the amounts for each ingredient? Or even a written version of the recipes? I watched most of the video, but I didn't see the amounts. I'm really interested in trying these. Thanks!!

Here is for the jelly donuts... these are the original recipes. I made them a little differently without using egg whites/protein powder brushing but I bet if you have some awesome flavored protein powders it would make them even better.

Recipe: (makes 6)

-Set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

-In one bowl, combine 8G protein powder and 80G egg whites. Whisk.

-In another bowl, combine 1 scoop protein powder, low calories syrup of your choice, 1 tbsp jelly and mix thoroughly.

-Dip buns into the egg white mix, and spread the jelly protein mix onto each bun. Press firmly around the edges to seal.

-Bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes, let cool for a few minutes.

-*optional step, put powdered sugar onto a separate plate and batter each donut individually

And boston creme.

Again this is the original recipe. I modified it for myself and brushed it with a mix of water, brown sugar and confectioners truvia instead of the egg white/protein powder mixture. I also didnt add egg whites or protein powder to the filling. I just used plain SF vanilla pudding mixed with vegan whipped cream as the filling (just added water until the pudding became the right consistency and added a few tbsp whip).

I also used 10g SF jello for each donut (original recipe uses 10g for 4, but has the added egg whites and stuff). I don't think egg whites would taste good in the filling so that is why I didn't add them. That sounds kind of gross to me lol.

Recipe: Makes 4
    Filling

10g sugar free Jello cheesecake pudding mix

60g egg whites

34g vanilla flavored protein powder

1t vanilla

17g lite cool whip

combine all the filling ingredients until smooth. Add sweetener to taste depending on the sweetness of your protein

Buns

17g vanilla flavored whey protein powder

120g egg whites

4 low-carb hamburger buns (I used ones that are 60 calories each)

Walden farms chocolate syrup

Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment

Whisk the protein with the egg in a shallow dish

Dip all the rolls in the egg mixture quickly (if you hold it in too long it will absorb too much), spread all the split rolls, inside-up on a countertop.

With your hands, squish an indentation in each half of the roll. This is messy but harder with a spoon.

Spoon filling into each bottom roll. Top with the top halves and squeeze around the edges to seal.

Bake or air fry 10 min and let cool. Chill in the fridge. Top with chocolate syrup to taste.

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Here is for the jelly donuts... these are the original recipes. I made them a little differently without using egg whites/protein powder brushing but I bet if you have some awesome flavored protein powders it would make them even better.

Recipe: (makes 6)

-Set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

-In one bowl, combine 8G protein powder and 80G egg whites. Whisk.

-In another bowl, combine 1 scoop protein powder, low calories syrup of your choice, 1 tbsp jelly and mix thoroughly.

-Dip buns into the egg white mix, and spread the jelly protein mix onto each bun. Press firmly around the edges to seal.

-Bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes, let cool for a few minutes.

-*optional step, put powdered sugar onto a separate plate and batter each donut individually

And boston creme.

Again this is the original recipe. I modified it for myself and brushed it with a mix of water, brown sugar and confectioners truvia instead of the egg white/protein powder mixture. I also didnt add egg whites or protein powder to the filling. I just used plain SF vanilla pudding mixed with vegan whipped cream as the filling (just added water until the pudding became the right consistency and added a few tbsp whip).

I also used 10g SF jello for each donut (original recipe uses 10g for 4, but has the added egg whites and stuff). I don't think egg whites would taste good in the filling so that is why I didn't add them. That sounds kind of gross to me lol.

Recipe: Makes 4
    Filling

10g sugar free Jello cheesecake pudding mix

60g egg whites

34g vanilla flavored protein powder

1t vanilla

17g lite cool whip

combine all the filling ingredients until smooth. Add sweetener to taste depending on the sweetness of your protein

Buns

17g vanilla flavored whey protein powder

120g egg whites

4 low-carb hamburger buns (I used ones that are 60 calories each)

Walden farms chocolate syrup

Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment

Whisk the protein with the egg in a shallow dish

Dip all the rolls in the egg mixture quickly (if you hold it in too long it will absorb too much), spread all the split rolls, inside-up on a countertop.

With your hands, squish an indentation in each half of the roll. This is messy but harder with a spoon.

Spoon filling into each bottom roll. Top with the top halves and squeeze around the edges to seal.

Bake or air fry 10 min and let cool. Chill in the fridge. Top with chocolate syrup to taste.

Thank you so much!!
  • Sparkuvu
    Sparkuvu Posts: 2,440 Member
    Sure looks right/good!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,545 Member
    Bumping the thread for everyone who just came back to MFP and needs some volume eating ideas. :smile: Happy January!
  • sarakenna12
    sarakenna12 Posts: 37 Member
    My new favorite volume meal is Vietnamese Noodle Salad made with Shirataki noodles.
    2 cups shredded cabbage
    1/2 seedless cucumber cut into matchsticks
    1 carrot cut into matchsticks
    1/2 C daikon radish cut into matchsticks (if I have it around)
    1 C snow or sugar snap peas lightly blanched
    1 C protein of choice (rotisserie chicken, marinated tofu, sauteed shrimp)
    1 bag shirataki noodles, rinsed and dry sauteed to reduce water content
    dressing: 1 garlic clove, 1/2 cup lime juice or rice wine vinegar, 1 TBSP sesame oil, 1/4 c fish sauce (sub soy sauce or tamari if needed), red pepper flakes to taste, 2 TBSP sweetener of choice (sugar, sugar substitute, honey). Taste and adjust seasoning.
    Toss veges, protein and noodles in the dressing and eat until your belly is full. Makes a couple of big servings! It's so good!!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    My new favorite volume meal is Vietnamese Noodle Salad made with Shirataki noodles.
    2 cups shredded cabbage
    1/2 seedless cucumber cut into matchsticks
    1 carrot cut into matchsticks
    1/2 C daikon radish cut into matchsticks (if I have it around)
    1 C snow or sugar snap peas lightly blanched
    1 C protein of choice (rotisserie chicken, marinated tofu, sauteed shrimp)
    1 bag shirataki noodles, rinsed and dry sauteed to reduce water content
    dressing: 1 garlic clove, 1/2 cup lime juice or rice wine vinegar, 1 TBSP sesame oil, 1/4 c fish sauce (sub soy sauce or tamari if needed), red pepper flakes to taste, 2 TBSP sweetener of choice (sugar, sugar substitute, honey). Taste and adjust seasoning.
    Toss veges, protein and noodles in the dressing and eat until your belly is full. Makes a couple of big servings! It's so good!!!

Yum! That sounds really good! I used to make a similar dish with tofu noodles, shredded cabbage, cauliflower rice, zucchini, radish, topped with lots of garlic, onion powder, smoked salt, hot sauce, mustard, walden farms ginger soy sauce (while cooking to give the noodles flavor). Huge portion and the whole thing was <150 calories.
  • sarakenna12
    sarakenna12 Posts: 37 Member
    edited January 2023
    Ugg, I don't know how to copy from previous posts. Oh well.

Yeah, this one is under 200 calories and it's so good. I also add green onion and a teaspoon of fresh grated ginger to the sauce, which I forgot to include. If I have them around, I might add some chopped peanuts as well :) I'm sure any Nuac Cham sauce recipe from the internet would work great. (I just exclude any oil that isn't sesame). The point is use a ton of vege's and shiritaki noodles for a filling, fresh, and crunchy meal.