WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,526 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 14min 39sec, 130elev, 2.62ap, 90ahr, 113mhr, 6.08mi= 568c
    Strava app = 744c

*Lucy walked the whole 6 mi, being on the beach helping with keeping her from bleeding, didn’t take the stroller

z8zytm82j4ax.jpeg

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    😘
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options

Intentions for today:
    ♦️laundry✔️
    ♦️Local shops for fresh produce ✔️
    ♦️general chores✔️
    ♦️solid habits ✔️

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :/
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    (((Beth))) Hope all of you recover quickly!

Noticing some positive results of taking my prescription Vit D. Less moody even with all our gray days, less leg cramping, less bruising, my spots from dermatologist healing well with the addition of aloe and lavender, and spot I had on face from COVID vaccine finally clearly up. I would get bruise spots on my hands from bumping into something not so much now. I will be tested mid Feb. I had to go on this prescription because my levels were so low. 12 is considered low and I was at 4. Unfortunately this is not a routine test you have to ask for this to be done. After my experience I do not understand why this is not routine. It is easy to treat and how it leaves you vulnerable to more serious illness. I will always ask for it now if it is not included in the screening process.

Vit D isn't a routine blood test?

• pipcd34
    Options
    Allie - Miles gets cuter all the time. Look at those teeth!! I'm so glad you figured out how to post pix. I look forward to seeing him each day (or as often as you can!)

Margaret - regarding your Vitamin D, your low level of 4 did seem troubling. I aim to keep my levels above 60 and it was 62 last October a couple weeks after I had covid - I'm thinking that helped me speed through it with no lasting effects. Like you, I wish this this was an automatic test every time we have labs done. The cost is very high, maybe that's why it's not automatic. :(

It appears your test results are coming back at ng/mL, whereas my test results come back at nmol/L. I've read several studies which really push for levels above 50 nmol/L (20 ng/mL).

This from a publication by NIH:
    Levels of 50 nmol/L (20 ng/mL) or above are adequate for most people for bone and overall health. Levels below 30 nmol/L (12 ng/mL) are too low and might weaken your bones and affect your health. Levels above 125 nmol/L (50 ng/mL) are too high and might cause health problems.

Beth - well, like you said, you can ditch the masks! Did the doc recommend bumping up Vitamin C, Zinc, Vitamin D? Crossing fingers your son can keep the job and whoever told him he'd be terminated if sick didn't have the correct info.

I watched the latest season of Doc Martin. Very good - his personality has softened a little with 2 children and Louisa's influence. I want to go back and watch the series from the beginning. I also watched 2 episodes from the late 1990's when Doc first landed in Port Wenn. Gosh Martin Clunes was young, and kind of cute! He was rebounding from a bad marriage.

Just finished the most recent season of Endeavor. That's another one I want to watch from the start. I probably need to switch over to Morse like Heather is doing.

Machka - congrats on the long ride!

Pip - hey, when you worked in Nappanee, did you ever head west of town past Amish Acres and go to Mary's Bakery which was a little ways down one of those roads off Hwy 6? Every time I'd go back to see my folks I'd make a run there for custard pie. Which my parents loved - they were in their mid-late 80's and worried it would raise their cholesterol (which was probably in fine shape) but they really enjoyed it. I don't think the bakery is there anymore. I haven't been back in over 20 years. Anyhow, I've been craving a good custard pie and it came to mind. That town had some neat antique stores as I recall.

Nice photo of Kirby walking the kids on the beach! <3

My great neighbor across the street came over and started my generator and let it run a few minutes. If we have a long power outage, he has volunteered to come over and get it going for me if I can't to keep the fridge and freezer going.

Sending good thoughts to Tracey and Suebdew. Barbara - I was jealous of Suebdew's pecans grove! Or anyone with any kind of nut trees!

Tina - yes, have that eyelid looked at again.

Annie - sorry about your daughter.

Carol - when I was working I seemed to have a lot more energy for housecleaning and doing outside stuff. And I found it was a change of pace from what I did all week at work. Now I can easily get into the "I'll do it tomorrow" frame of mind, lol.

OK I need to get going. Have a great weekend, ladies!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Kirby said no.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Just worked today then went to Food Lion to get soda that I had a rain check for. See, I spent over $20 on soda now I get $3 off. Home, went to WalMart because Vince wanted to go Girl Scout cookies. He then cleaned out the closet where the hot water heater is and there were A LOT of boxes that he got rid of so that translated into a lot of styrofoam. Fortunately, one of my neighbors took it all.

The plan for tomorrow is to do Michelle Dozois Cardio Strength Fat Blaster DVD.

Lector tonight

Rosemarie – what a neat poem!

Barbara – no, the water heater leak didn’t damage the floor. I don’t even know if it was bad enough that a lot of water leaked out. Guess we caught it early. I can tell you that I’ll really enjoy a nice hot shower Monday...lol

KJ – another of the reasons I like to go in the store to shop is because many times you’ll see things that you need but it isn’t on the website

Beth – so sorry your son tested positive. Like how you’re looking on the bright side….you won’t have to wear masks to hopefully not spread it to someone else

Lanette – you know what they say “if you want something done, ask a busy person”

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    In jammies,Alfie snoring
    Watching Lottery dream home ..
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    Ginny good luck teaching your SIL about the smartphone! I went through that with my Dad. He still forgets the basics like how to turn it on. It's a test of your patience, for sure.

Thank you all for your kind words about my daughter.

I did my dumbbells Yay! Thirty reps. So that's three times this week. Yay! It's slowly getting easier. I took my time tonight, which oddly enough, means more minutes elapsed so more calories burned? I didn't count the extra time for logging.

Annie in Delaware

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    DH is tucked in and I’m not too far behind. I’m planning to do some shopping tomorrow with friends and then coming back to my apartment. I have four items on my list. 😊 🤞🏻
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Anne – very sorry about your daughter. I know how hard that can be

Remember I told you about the new faucet leaking? Well, it seems that there’s this “collar” at the bottom of the thing that you turn to get hot or cold water. Vince just tightened it. No leaking!

Off to see if I can somehow get my hair washed (not sure yet how I’m going to do it) then off to bed.

Michele NC
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    Options
    <3