Leslie Sansone - Walking at Home - September Challenge

Options

Replies

• jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Last time I had checked in I hadn't done much walking well that seriously changed this week already.

Goal: 45
    Miles done: 36
    Miles to go: 9

I'm hoping to go over my goal but you never know what will come up, but that's my new goal to exceed my first goal :)
  • kbrodzen
    Options
    My cousin just told me about this program .. and I wanted to check it out.... do you guys really like it??? I might have to invest instead of just doing zumba all the time... i think I need a change.. but something that works to ... thoughts?
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    37 miles of 63 as of last night
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    week 1 11.550

week 2:12.1

week 3: 15.732

week 4: 2.20// 3.755//
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm adding 5 miles today. Got in a great walk tonight. I'm really enjoying walking outside in this wonderful fall weather.
  • Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    My cousin just told me about this program .. and I wanted to check it out.... do you guys really like it??? I might have to invest instead of just doing zumba all the time... i think I need a change.. but something that works to ... thoughts?

I do WATP and Zumba to get a variety of workouts. It is good to mix it up! If you want to try and figure out which dvds to get, you may want to check out www.collagevideo.com. You can preview exercise dvds there to see which ones you like! For WATP and/or Leslie's dvds, here is the direct link: http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/leslie-sansone-exercise-videos-10

I am 16 miles in. Have two Zumba sessions the next two nights, so I may have to slip in a walk on Friday morning before weigh in on Saturday!
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I did 1 mile at work and did 1 mile of the 5day Slim.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options

I do WATP and Zumba to get a variety of workouts. It is good to mix it up! If you want to try and figure out which dvds to get, you may want to check out www.collagevideo.com. You can preview exercise dvds there to see which ones you like! For WATP and/or Leslie's dvds, here is the direct link: http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/leslie-sansone-exercise-videos-10

I am 16 miles in. Have two Zumba sessions the next two nights, so I may have to slip in a walk on Friday morning before weigh in on Saturday!

I agree I mix it in with other workouts as well. Plus its nice to have when its too hot or too cold or too nasty outside. To add in the clips you can also go to you tube she has 2 15 minute videos there, so if you do both you get a 30 minute workout and walk 2 miles :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndVjwkaLGDk
  • gmomlyn
    gmomlyn Posts: 134
    Options
    I just checked and noticed I hadn't logged in since Sunday. I'm still doing great with the walking. Haven't missed a day in September yet.

BTW....I only do WATP videos.....like them better than some of my other exercise dvds. Also, I don't live anywhere near a gym, so I have to work out at home. I do have a home gym with some equipment including an elliptical bike and a treadmill, but I just really like doing the WATP videos. Anyway, by sticking to 1200 calories a day, and doing anywhere from a 2 mile to a 5 mile walk with Leslie each day....I've lost just over 10 pounds in 21 days. Woo hoo!

Day 19 of challenge
    WATP 5 mile advanced walk - 2 fast miles, 1 mile with hand weights, 1 mile using the ab belt, and 1 mile using the stretchie band.

Day 20 of challenge
    WATP 4 fast miles - 1 mile with stretchie band

Day 21 of challenge
    WATP 3 fast miles

September Goal- 50 miles
    Miles walked so far - 66
    Miles to go - met my Sept goal.
  • CorinthiaB
    Options
    I did 4 miles tonight. I am really pushing myself to meet this goal.
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Goal: 30 miles
    Miles walked: 16
    Miles to go: 14
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Leslie Sansone DVDs work for me because there is no dread factor. I can pop them in anytime. It does not matter if I have no coordination. I can mute her and play my own music (for more variety).

If you buy just 1 Leslie Sansone video - I recommend her newest on Walk Slim 5 Really Big Miles (Check Wal-mart & Target). This is really challenging (for Leslie). The warm-up and cool-down are chaptered separately (as well as the miles) - so you can skip the warm-up (if you do Zumba - you don't need it anyway). Mile 4 is walking & toning, really good. High impact modifications are shown.

You can always increase the intensity of walking workouts with added handweights (1-3 pounds) - higher knees, bigger arms, sit down into side steps - no brainier stuff.
  • delmeg10
    delmeg10 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Goal: 45 miles
    Miles walked: 26
    Miles to go: 19
  • rockann16
    Options
    Hello...adding 4 miles today.
  • CorinthiaB
    Options
    2.5 none Leslie miles.
  • carleighp47
    Options
    Haven't updated in a couple days. Probably going again tonight. Anyway, I've done 11.2 miles since my last update. Ticker updated.

exercise.png
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    week 1 11.550

week 2:12.1

week 3: 15.732

week 4: 2.20// 3.755// 8.0//
  • BttrflyKisses925
    BttrflyKisses925 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sun- 0
    Mon-0
    Tues- .5 walking dog
    Wed- 5 mile leslie sansone
    Thurs- 0
    Fri- 1.25 walking dog
    Sat- .5 walking dog

7.25 walked this week; 51.5 miles down, 23.5 to go! i think i can do that this week :D
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Room a week off due to tendonitis in my arm and a respiratory infection. Walking tomorrow and gonna start the challenge over again for October!
  • rockann16
    Options
    Hello...just got back from my last camping weekend for the year. Makes me kind of sad, :frown: I love to camp but I guess there's always next year. :smile: There is a wonderful walking/biking trail at the campgrounds. I got in 2.5 in Friday night, 5 Saturday morning and 3 this morning. I'm going to have to kick in gear this week...I have 23.5 more I need to get before Saturday!