Replies

• kabatoff
    Options
    Day 6 Level 2 completed! :happy:
  • stefa777
    stefa777 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    D7L2 complete!

My knees were killing me so I tried not to bounce so much on the oblique twists and jump rope..........hopefully tomorrow they will feel a teeny bit better. My back is still killing too. I've been taking ibprofen all day :-/

On a positive note, gonna take it easy and rest and tomorrow is a new day!! And my HRM will be here tomorrow!! Woot! Also going bowling with my husband. His work is having a bowling alley party on base we are stationed at. Free food and beer! No beer for me though, and easy on the food. lmao

It's funny that you mention your knees and back! I thought maybe it was me...hummm.
    My back has been killing me since last week, I also noticed last night that my knees started to hurt! I have never had any problems with my knees so now Im thinking its all that bouncing, Guess I need to do a little less bouncing!!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    confession... i dont do the double jump rope, i just do a regular jump rope but as fast as I can. Also the lunges where you go forward and back, cant do it. I have arthritis in my knees and that is part of why i use to hate level 2 so much. So i just get into as deep of a static lunge as i can and still do the arms. And honestly i feel a much better burn and it doesnt kill my knees as bad. Im all about modifying a bit to save your joints. Wait till level 3... there is some serious jumpng :sick: so that is when i go back to doing jumping jacks and jump rope instead! I think how hard it is on the knee is half of why most people give up. Just modify, do what doesnt hurt and dont give up! :wink:
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I did well on Monday and Tuesday, then I fell off the wagon yesterday and I did not do 30DS! but toight it's ON!! Ive got to make up for it..... and level 2 kicks serious *kitten*!
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Really did not want to do this tonight but I did. Day 8 is DONE.
  • stefa777
    Options

I don't want to do it either, its 9 am Im exausted
  • KristynStephens15
    Options

I don't want to do it either, its 9 am Im exausted

But once you gus are done..... you will feel so much better!!!! And only 2 days left on level 2!!! WOOHOOO!!!
  • eab12191
    eab12191 Posts: 129 Member
    Options

Great job! I still haven't done it. Sitting here with heating pad a little longer and my husband is getting baby to sleep. Gonna use my HRM though!
  • kabatoff
    Options
    I don't want to do it either... I have a tummy ache.. :sick: Not sure how it is going to go... but I am going to try.... wish me luck...

Janet
  • eab12191
    Options
    Well I'm a tad bit disappointed b/c I used my HRM and did the calculations and I have been overestimating my 30DS calories burned.....by like 40-50. Guess this is all a learning experience.

D8L2 complete!! Congrats to everyone still going strong. I'm still nursing my back to health using heating pad and ibuprofen and stretches. Injuries def suck!
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    Erica, i have noticed mine will very a bit too depending on how hard i push, how fast i do jumping jacl. jump rope, ect. But it is nice to have an accurate burn now huh? i love that i can look at the report section and see how up and down my shred has been.
  • eab12191
    Options
    Erica, i have noticed mine will very a bit too depending on how hard i push, how fast i do jumping jacl. jump rope, ect. But it is nice to have an accurate burn now huh? i love that i can look at the report section and see how up and down my shred has been.

Yeah that is true and since it was day 8 my body is probably used to it a little. I am going to continue to wear it and can't wait to see what Level 3 does!

Does your HRM have an alarm for bpm over 160? It's kind of annoying! lol I got the polar ft1 I think you said you had that one.
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    yup we have the same one. mine beeps when i get below a certain heart rate but i have mine set to super high, since it isnt uncommon for me to hit the 180s while shredding lol What was your average hr last night?
  • eab12191
    Options
    yup we have the same one. mine beeps when i get below a certain heart rate but i have mine set to super high, since it isnt uncommon for me to hit the 180s while shredding lol What was your average hr last night?

It was 157!
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    Really??? The lowest Ive gotten is 190! hmm but then again parts have gotten easy for me, so say during the warm up neck circles i do jump rope, and i dont do the cool down because during the cool down my hr goes way down and lowers the average. Itll be interesting to see if it stays low or if after tomorrow it jumps up during level 3??
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is hanging in there! Finished day 9. I'm really lacking the desire to continue doing this, but I won't give up. Is level three more focused on legs or arms? I'm not sure if my arms can take much more.
  • eab12191
    Options
    Really??? The lowest Ive gotten is 190! hmm but then again parts have gotten easy for me, so say during the warm up neck circles i do jump rope, and i dont do the cool down because during the cool down my hr goes way down and lowers the average. Itll be interesting to see if it stays low or if after tomorrow it jumps up during level 3??

Yeah I started when I hit play and ended when the cool down was over. So 27 mins. My HR stayed in the 170s quite a bit. It beeps when it gets over 160 bpm so gonna have to see if it can be changed. My HR is around 140s when doing abs.
  • stefa777
    Options
    D9LV2, Complete. I thought I logged in last night after doing d8 but I guess I was so exhausted I forgot to hit REPLY, lol
    I must admit that level two is not getting any easier, so I am really dreading level 3, but I have come this far I am not about to give-up! Everyday is a struggle (just like losing weight). I have however noticed that my knees are really staring to bother me and today they were even cracking. I had to settle for doing lower impact on a few of the moves tonight. I am not going to hurt myself, I have two babies at home who need me!! :love:

Well, on to day 10 tomorrow...WHAT day 10 already, does that mean weigh-in and measurements Sunday??
  • kabatoff
    Options
    D8LV2 Complete! Feeling good still! Major sweat tonight. It is very hot & muggy where I live today. I was dripping all over... legs, arms, face.... My husband came in and couldn't believe how much I was sweating.. :ohwell:

Feels good to sweat!

Keep going everyone... almost done Level 2!

Janet
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    LEVEL 2 DONE!!!!!!!
    We are 2/3s of the way through this!!! YAYA!!!! Weight and measurements tomorrow morning everyone!!!!! I kinda peeked today and it looks like i havent lost any weight or inchs... so im hoping today was sodium bloat or my full boobs and that come tomorrow ill see some good numbers!