fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    tkokd1n83oo6.png
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day! <3

Heather - Are you watching Season 12 of Vera? Great as always. I need to switch over to the new Death in Paradise when I finish this episode.

***The light discussion - if anyone is interested, here's the video by Dr. Been about sunlight, melatonin and near infrared light. Toward the end he goes over the benefits of light from fireplaces and how LED lights aren't as good as incandescent. He goes over research which supports this.

I slept great last night again - 7 1/2 hours, but it was good sleep, good dreams. I wonder if the incandescent light is helping. Crossing fingers.

***Taxes: I finished and filed 2022 taxes yesterday. I used TaxAct and have for years. It took a couple calls to them to help me through the return and dealing with DH's death last year, but they were great and stayed on the line with me to make sure the E-File went through OK.

Debbie - I cleaned that Dungeness crab last Friday, took a bite and immediately my tongue and mouth felt funny, started burning. I waited a little while and took another bite, same thing. I called my doc's office, the nurse said take a Benadryl and don't eat any more, it might be a shellfish allergy! So I'm tossing it. I need to make an appointment with Dr. Lisa. If I never eat crab or shrimp again, no biggie. Just need guidance on how careful I'd need to be with cross-contamination.

Betsy - have a wonderful cruise and enjoy being away from our weather! So glad to hear your sister is stable. I've heard good things about immunotherapy and hopefully it will be the bright spot in cancer treatment in the future.

My cleaner is supposed to arrive at 8 but we have 3" of snow on the ground. Her house is on a hilly road so not sure if she'll brave it, we'll see.

Make it a wonderful day! Hugs to all!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Lanette- it could be that just that crab was bad. Glad you didn't have a worse reaction.
    We got one last year that was a bit off.

Betsy- we have not bought either the internet package or the drink package on any of our cruises. The guys do buy the coffee card for the fancier coffees.
    The one splurge I insists on(I am the cheap one in the family) is the cabin has to have a window. Each time we have upgraded a bit. Our first had the big window that didn't open, we were just above sea level and nice view of the water. I am very short(5') and I LOVED sitting IN the window. It was the perfect size for me. I spent a lot of time in there, if we weren't out and about.
    Since then we have gotten the room with a balcony, either a small one or larger one. That is nice but, as long as I can see out, I am fine. DH wants the extra space and the balcony.

It is windy and a bit cool but going to do my first hour or so walk at the wetlands in over a week.
    Will be sure to bundle up. 49 right now. I am sure the wind will pick up even more closer to the water

Dinner tonight will be taco's- everything is just about all prepped. Hopefully the guys will want them, if not, I will have them myself.
    Son and his girlfriend dipped strawberries last night- did a bunch.
    Brunch this morning was left over meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Don't usually eat anything and if I do, just a few babybel cheese. Think I will freeze the rest of the meatloaf if dh doesnt have any at lunch.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,218 Member
    Options
    Our Tarragon Chicken was fabulous. This is the recipe I used, but I prefer thighs to breast, so used them. Not slimming, of course, but I'm allowing an exception for today.
    https://www.nigella.com/recipes/tarragon-chicken
    Now we are having a digestion break until DH's apple and blackberry crumble.
    I laid the table properly, so it was a nice change. I used the tealight holder I made at pottery class. :D
    After dessert we are going to watch a very old Midsomer Murders. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day friends!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies! (((hugs))) to those who need them.

OMG Rebecca! I can't even imagine. Pregnant and going through that. Not a happy pregnant lady would not even begin to describe me! But yeah, that kinda figures. I just thank God that Anne got medically discharged so her benefits followed her. She has to deal with the VA, but the MN VA is pretty, darned good.

Rita, I used to love my mucklucks! Haven't heard that word in ages.

14-Express creativity by making art, or cooking a new meal... every day!
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I ate 1098 calories today, 2 left. Talk about cutting it close! I should be done eating for the day, but I have said that before. Then dumbbells tonight.

I tried to put some smaller jeans on, but no luck. They went on, but so tight I was afraid to rip something. They aren't exactly new. I only have one pair of jeans that fits right now. So I will wear leggings to do laundry tomorrow.

Annie in Delaware

Annie- all I wear are leggings, all year around. Now I wear either fleece or flannel ones, during the summer they are cotton capri length ones. They HAVE to be super soft or I won't even try them on. Yes, VERY picky. I have at least 20-25 pairs I would guess.
    Can't remember the last time I wore jeans. I am sure it was at least 5 yrs ago. I have a pair I really like but haven't even tried to put them on in years.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 54min 38sec, windy!, 37elev, 3.04ap, 92ahr, 110mhr, 6.11mi= 588c
    Strava app = 749c
    Walk home to gym- 10.48min, .53mi= 55c
    Strava app= 66c
    Rowing machine- 25min, 44aw, 113ahr, 138mhr, 3767meters= 196c
    Elliptical machine- 5min, 5incl, 5resist, 115ahr, 141mhr, .42mi= 65c
    Lateral machine- 20min, 10wide, 3resist, 51arpm, 116ahr, 130mhr, 2.12mi= 151c
    Walk gym to home- 10.35min, .60mi= 51c
    Strava app= 74c

Total cal 1105

Took it easy at the gym, haven’t been there in a while.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    I did my dumbbells Yay! So it's a 300 calorie deficit day. Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,610 Member
    Options
    Barbie That is so true! And funny!
    Lanette My DH had eaten crab legs and lobster for years, but one time his lips swelled badly. No more shellfish or iodine for him.Betsy Have fun!

Hormone therapy? Any experiences? Thoughts? Thinking it might be worth checking in to.
    I hope your Tuesday was all you hoped for!

Lots of Love,
    Kylia in Ohio
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :)