WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Katla- I am sorry you are having to sell the house. You know what you have to do but that doesn't make it any easier.

Lisa- that is perfect. Shared it on FB

Kim- what town did you go to? I was born and raised in Sonoma County(mom still lives there). Love it there. I am guessing you were over by Cazadero or did you go further north?

I almost talked myself out of walking today because of the wind. It was a good workout- 15-20mph around the wetlands. Only a short area was the wind behind me. The rest was in my face or from the side. Fitbit app says I did
    12,750 steps/31floors/5.8miles /1457 cals.

One thing I don't understand is the cals.
    Yesterday my numbers were:
    11,274/5floors/5.06 miles /1899cals.

Both days all of my exercise was walking. Today, I am guessing because of the wind, it says I walked 31 floors (even though it was all flat ground)

Debbie
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Vicki- yes he has another 5 yrs of alimony to pay.. now if he wants to be a real *kitten* he will contact his lawyer and haul me back to court to lower the alimony..Im hoping he has the decency to remember all of the times i helped him with Homer,and years and years of taking care of his parents and him before he does anything foolish.
    I didnt get Tracys text the therapist wanted them to make dinner together and me not to get him McDonald's. And I didn't get the text..I feel bad..because I got him McDonald's..
    Before I left I had an hour to kill and wanted to dry my clothes but ,darn it all the dryers were full.. so now I have it in the dryer now.. Oh well..I guess I shouldn't be to grumpy lol
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 56min 42sec, 55elev, 3.06ap, 89ahr, 111mhr, 6.09mi= 607c
    Strava app= 747c
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,137 Member
    Options
    Early start tomorrow for grocery run.

Karen: I tried the crossed ankles stretch during my stretches this morning. It will need some work before I can touch my toes 😝

Intentions for today:
    📍general chores✔️
    📍declutter bedroom surfaces✔️
    📍Latin translation ✔️
    📍solid habits✔️

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    Heather facial recognition is great! All you have to do is hold it up to his face to unlock. The same with cell phones with facial recognition. I have seen police officers on tv shows doing that to gain access to a locked phone. Easier to get into than trying to figure out a password!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    Tina – for me the extra fiber makes me feel full and less likely to snack. Also because I only do extra fiber from food not supplements it means that calories are used for nutritionally dense foods. And when I first started adding water/herbal tea and lot of veggies (fiber) it did create extra bathroom breaks but my system has adjusted.

Smiles Kim in N. California
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,048 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

I did thirty reps of my dumbbells Yay!

I also had a little more chocolate. I can usually afford a daily portion, but I forgot and ate it twice. It's amazing how my mind works when it wants chocolate! Oh well I still have a calorie deficit of 233 for today. Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,744 Member
    Options
    I’m going to have to try this stretching exercise. I don’t shower though, I take baths in the evenings. I’m sure I can make it in some kind of routine.

Katla - I’m very sorry that you are having to sell your home.

Heather - you are very wise to have that living will taken care of. Here we call it a care plan or personal directive. My FIL did not have one and because he didn’t there were some things done that he probably wouldn’t have wanted. It also left my MIL having to make a tough decision. I truly believe it was for the best as does my DH, however, my SIL is angry about it. It would have been easier if he had made that decision on his own.
    I do hope that Johnny listens to you soon. He is leaving both of you in a precarious position.

Annie - my Aunt started putting “soiled” laundry back in the dresser. My cousin had to search daily to make sure she hadn’t. She also, before she moved in with my cousin, stored oranges in a safe in her bedroom, put chicken nuggets in the cupboard. These were the things that were found when the apartment was being cleaned out. I feel for you, memory loss is such a miserable disease

Lanette - my dishwasher died in early 2020. I did dishes by hand for 4 days and told hubby I was buying a new one. I don’t mind the work of it. It caused me so much pain in my hips and back. I could barely move.
    There was a small cafe in the building I used to work in that made breakfast wraps. They were delicious and I would usually have one for breakfast at my 10am coffee break. I used to make them here too, but haven’t in a long time. I’ll have to remember them again.

Katla - I understand your grief. I also understand your adult children. It is not easy on children trying to help parents either. I’ve been the child in my grandparents and parents situations and it is terrible. I fear we are faxing it again now with my dear sweet MIL. It makes me sad because I know there will be difficult conversations and decisions and it’s hard on everyone involved. I’m sure your children have only the best interest of you and your husband at heart. Hugs it is a difficult time for you .

Carla and Kim - walking and driving talks are my favourite kind. DH and I used to do it when we needed to and I don’t think I would have survived the girls without it. I used to love being the parent that drove a bunch around, the things I would learn when they forgot Mom was driving!
    I still am a part of almost all of Kaitlyn’s friends lives.
    Her best friend even joined us in NB and brought this cutie with her.
    94dqaqnne16z.jpeg
    (The baby, not my hubby 😂)
    When I was just home in NB was the first time I have been “home” since my parents house has been torn down. I hadn’t got used to Grammie’s being gone and I still miss the 7 maple trees that lined the driveway. They were cut around 2000. I think the saying is true “you can never go home again”.

Lisa - I agree about making something beloved a task wears. I used to take my Grands at least once a month for a night. As they’ve gotten older and argue more (as siblings do) I fine it easier to have one at a time which then either takes up a whole weekend or two weekends a month. I don’t take them as often now and I miss it, but I’m tired.

I saw the Grands and our eldest daughter for about 1/2 an hour this evening. They came to get the pink shirts I made for them to wear to school tomorrow. I have a pink shirt ready for myself. I didn’t put any writing on mine though.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    <3