WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did an advanced strength training DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a 20-40-60 workout. I signed us up for going to the pot luck tonight but that was before Vince’s back issue. I am sure we won’t go but I still made the grapefruit pie.

Allie – thank you for being such a good courier. Yea for Tracy!

Exercised then went to WalMart to get Vince’s prescriptions. They said it would be 30 minutes, wound up being an hour. Then had to go to Walgreens to get Loki’s prescription. Then a friend of mine from down here came over. We went to a few stores, I got another pair of exercise shorts. I think I’m going to leave most of my exercise clothes down here since I only go to the gym now once (sometimes twice if I don’t have to go to the soup kitchen) a week

Cards tonight.

Jess just called and we didn’t mention to her about Vince going to the hospital. If we did, I can almost see her coming down here. She asked me if while we were at Daytona did I make sure Vince drank and ate so that he didn’t go to the hospital. At Daytona he didn’t go. Talk about splitting hairs. We just don’t want her to worry unless there’s something to worry about.

Oh, called and got the appt for Vince’s MRI. The first time he can see the doc is next Thursday.

He asked me to be home by 10 tomorrow since they’re supposed to be here between 10 and 1 to install the dishwasher. Normally, he’d just be here and I could do what I need to do. I do have to go to Aldi, but I can do that even in the afternoon.

Off to have dinner. Need to have it early since they usually get to cards early.

Michele loving FL
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    Had a leisurely day at home. Latin study group at 10 am tomorrow morning.

Michele: Sorry that Vince had a turn. Hope it’s sorted soon.

Intentions for tomorrow:
    📍Latin study group
    📍general chores
    📍laundry
    📍solid habits

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I found something called yoga gloves - thin fingerless gloves with little non-slip dots. I've done yoga for many years and never heard of them before. Worth a try. I also looked up some exercises. I do wrist curls, and reverse wrist curls, but I need more weight to progress.

Well off to my horseback riding. It's a really warm and mostly sunny day here.

Annie in Delaware

Weightlifting gloves with wrist braces are like these:

(this is just an image, there are many brands available)
    xks1hnnjdhjc.png

M in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Got all the shoveling and some roof raking done today. I am tired. I got my exercise for the week
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options

katla and Terri – I think Vince is SLOWLY getting better. Last night he had to stand to eat dinner, tonight he sat down. He’s still having back spasms, but it doesn’t seem to be as frequent. As the MD at the ER said, a muscle got inflamed and he just has to let it calm down.

Ginny – if you meant did Vince lift something or fall the answer is that he didn’t. He was fine (oh, a little hurt but not real bad) on Tuesday, then he went to the bathroom and when he got up, he said it felt like someone stabbed him in the back. I absolutely HATE where the toilet paper is located. It’s across from the toilet. Admitted, this is a condo and the bathrooms are narrow. But still...I suspect he reached for the tp and twisted in the wrong way. Vince says that he likes where the TP is right now, but I still suspect that was the cause of this pain.

Went to cards. There were 6 people at the table. I don’t like when there are that many. It just takes so looooonnnngggg. I like when there are only 4. I wish they’d taken 2 people from one table and 2 from ours to make another table of 4. But whatever.

Better take a shower and get to bed. Night everyone

Michele loving FL
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    💖
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    myvt9v4crh wrote: »
    Our adult kids are on their way to pack up the contents of our home in Oregon. I loved the home and had very good neighbors. I will miss them & remember them fondly.

Our daughter and son are packing our possessions and will bring them to us.

We are now in Illinois. We are in a facility that provides excellent care for DH. I am in an apartment in another part of the building. In the future we plan to move to a home near our daughter.

Katla

myfitnesspal has changed my id. Very aggravating. If you know how to fix this I would appreciate your assistance. I would like to put Schooner’s photo for my id.

Are you using an old ID?
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I my id has been Katla49. I like it. It includes Kat & La — Kat is the first three letters of my first name and La is the first 2 letters of my last name. 1949 is my birth year.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3