WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Day 1 of my annual leave -
    We went to a honey place and my husband picked up some equipment for the hives.
    I got some honey: creamed leatherwood and fennel. Yum yum!
    And we got some bee-related jewellery.
    Then we went to a tip shop and I got several CDs which I'll rip and a Phantom of the Opera DVD.
    Home again and I had a gorgeous walk to the beach. The day hit about 30C (86F) so the beach was wonderful. Stopped by a newsagency on the way back and spotted a bee picture which I had to have.
    Laundry, colouring, reading, relaxing and lots of sleep.

Day 2 - today is hot but overcast. I've hung some of my laundry outside but I will have to keep an eye on it and rush it back in if it starts to rain.
    Mostly, so far, I've been relaxing and listening to Vivaldi.

At some point I'll need to go through my emails. About 135 arrived in my home Inbox about 5 days. That's pretty normal for me, but I usually keep up with it so that there are only about 30 emails in my Inbox that have not been dealt with.

Now for the garden ... while it is still not raining.

And I'll tell you more about the secondment next week. That's the most exciting part!!

M in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

Everyone with Covid or with loved ones with covid, sending good thoughts and a virtual hug. For those dealing with Paxolovid (spelling?) awful flavor, I found that Good Earth original tea – which is decafe, with a strong cinnamon orange flavor broke through the awful flavor so I drank a ton of it for the time I was taking Paxolovid…

Smiles Kim in N. California

Kim- that is one of my favorite teas. I drink a lot of that all year long in the afternoon/evenings. No caffeine. I have a friend who was drinking WAY too much Fireball. She tried this tea and now drinks that instead of the whiskey most of the time. Sent some for my former hubby- he is hooked on it too.
    Love that I can get 4boxes for just $8 at Grocery Outlet. So much cheaper than Amazon.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Carla!
    Congratulations Annie on loss!

Katla- tonight one of the programs I use often disappeared from my laptop. I just shut it down and restarted computer. The program reappeared ¡ I hope you get your issue fixed.

Rest day at home. I did some online training, watched some TV, dusted the living room and dining room, wiped down kitchen, scrubbed 2 bathrooms, and washed bath mats. Productive at a slow pace. Back to work tomorrow.

Healing thoughts!
    Encouragements!
    Congratulations!

💞
    Kylia in Ohio
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    grmabea63 wrote: »
    Well its afternoon here now. Hello everyone!

Annie/ How do you get yourself into a routine to exercise?
    Seems like I just can’t get myself to do anything. Even keeping up with some housekeeping seems overwhelming. The storms have made my neuropathy go crazy. Also congrats on a great loss!

Michele/ I know what the spasms your husband is having feels like. I’ve been getting them in my legs. You can see my whole muscles moving, it looks like an alien is inside of me. I hope he is getting some relief.

Tina/ I have a touch faucet. On our control box, you can adjust the water mixture to the temperature you want for when it comes on. Maybe yours has that too?

Lisa/ Hope you start feeling better, the big C sucks. I had it the first time before they even reported it being a thing here in the US. I went in for a flu test, they said that I had the flu but nothing like they had seen before on test results. Keep your healthcare provider in the loop, sometimes there care can be lingering side effects.

Sorry to seem like such a downer. I’m just stuck. My body is fighting me tooth and nail. In the last few days my weight has fluctuated up and down 10+ pounds overnight repeatedly, it’s draining. I wasn’t even able to go back home to WI, for my mother’s surgery. My husband’s schedule wouldn’t allow him to go along. ( He works for a mining/drilling company) His backup lead quit. So, I was afraid to travel alone just yet.
    They just got done doing 3 MRI’s blood work, and EMG and I’ve had a lumbar puncture. They still can’t find a reason for the paralysis I had or the neuropathy it left me with. My neurologist just handed me off to a PA because he couldn’t find anything and wouldn’t discuss the possibility of it being covid or vaccine related. So, they prescribed me the same muscle relaxers, pain med and gabapentin that I’ve been taking for the last 2.5 years. So much for $3000+ dollars of wasted money.

Please forgive the whining. Maybe writing it down and being able to tell someone will get me into a better place. I started logging in again today and with the inspiration of your chats I’ll walk on the treadmill a bit and do my remote PT. The Corgis love to bark at the treadmill and can’t understand why we aren’t taking a walk outside drives me crazy. Sorry pups, two feet of snow is not my jam ;)

Belinda
    BFE, Nevada

You aren’t whining.

Belinda, is your doctor aware of the fasciculations in your legs? Has he/she ever seen your “spasms” while they are happening? If not, try to get a video next time and show your doctor what is happening.

Karen in Virginia
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Tere, I so enjoy your posts. I am so glad you are back. Welcome home!

Karen in Virginia
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Happy birthday Carla!

Thanks for congratulations on my weight loss. Your encouragement is motivating to me!

Annie in Delaware
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I’ve posted twice and can’t find them. MFP must be working in and ‘upgrade’ 😝

Had a good day yesterday, and so far a good day today.

Intentions for today:
    📍Local shops for fresh produce✔️
    📍general chores
    📍laundry✔️
    📍solid habits
    Working on the solid habits.

Lunch beckons.

Machka: Enjoy your holiday. I’m looking forward to hearing about your secondment.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

Carla:
    syozh1lmgaw1.jpeg