WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    My husband passed this morning at an inpatient hospice. A lovely facility that gave us excellent care. My son and daughter in law were with me. The passing was peaceful and we are thankful for this. I look forward to reading your posts and hearing about your lives as I accept the changes in my life.
    Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

Rosemarie - A few things you'd said made me think your husband did not have long to live... so glad you were able to give him a peaceful passing, and that you have family support with you. I know it has been a long, hard journey to get this far, and as I'm sure you've seen, you will have support from all of us here. Many hugs flying your way... <3:'( Don't forget, we will get a link tomorrow for the March thread from Barbie. Keep us posted as and when you can.

Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie-So sorry to hear about your DH. Hugs.

Tina in CA
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    1. I signed out of MFP.
    2 . I signed back in.

I am Katla
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie I am so sorry for your loss💕
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,042 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie I am so sorry to hear that your husband passed, may he rest in peace. You were a wonderful caregiver until the very end. Take care of yourself, remember to eat and drink when you can, and remember the good times as you grieve.

About my knee, I injured it about 2000 and had a botched surgery on it. I've had PT and reiki and lots of braces and ups and downs over the years. It doesn't hurt these days, it just pinches some by the time I get to the top of the stairs. I'm going to see what I can do on my own, and keep the PT as the next step. Thanks for reminding me that PT is a good option.

My knee and ankle are a little crooked. My toes point about fifteen degrees off from my knee, and my shin has a little bend in it. I may never get beyond about a three mile walk. But I can get back to that goal. And I will!

Annie in Delaware
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    This is katla49 and my username has been changed to myvt9v4crh by the site. I don’t like it.

I am katla and will also answer to Katla 49 or 4katla9.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,287 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie - My condolences on your loss. You’ll be in my prayers.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Rosemary -
    thinking of you and sending peaceful thoughts.

Kim in N. California
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,908 Member
    Options
    😢❤Rosemary, I am so sorry for your loss 😢 💔
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie - <3 sending the biggest (((hugs))) ever to you and your family. <3 I'm very glad your son and DIL were with you when your DH passed.

You were a great caregiver for him. Time to take care of you. <3

Lanette
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    (((Rosemarie))) ~ Lots of love and hugs and prayers for you and your son!

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie - You have been such a caring support for your husband. You did an amazing job. His peaceful passing is a tribute to you and your devotion. Your loss is huge. We all send you the very best wishes as you go through this new thing. Thinking of you. <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie Just ((hugs)). So many of these ladies have similar experiences. Remember we are all here for you as you end one chapter and move to the next.

CarlaEXACTLY!!!!

Will be working at home tonight. Oh well, I guess I am thankful I have a job I enjoy most of the time.

I am safe in spite of the storms that rolled through. Ginny- i hope you Stayed safe as they headed your way.

❤️
    Kylia in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie- my deepest condolences ,Im so sorry for your loss ..Hospice is a wonderful thing and I am so glad you had family with you...
    Caregiving is exhausting and you will need to cut yourself a break.. make sure that you eat and hydrate and rest once everything slows down..We all love you and hope you can feel our gentle hugs around you. Xoxo
    I have a Yeti rambler bottle that I bought and Miles just loves it.. so I juat ordered him a kids version same color as grandma's but with his name on it..
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3 Up to P 54 but another month is on the horizon. Where does the time go?

At the theatre tomorrow so I'll see if I can log onto MFP there between calls and try to catch up.

Viv UK
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,539 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I have not posted in a bit. I hope you all are well and I will read through the posts over the next few days.
    My husband passed this morning at an inpatient hospice. A lovely facility that gave us excellent care. My son and daughter in law were with me. The passing was peaceful and we are thankful for this. I look forward to reading your posts and hearing about your lives as I accept the changes in my life.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

I’m sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing he is at peace and no longer suffering.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    myvt9v4crh wrote: »
    This is katla49 and my username has been changed to myvt9v4crh by the site. I don’t like it.

I am katla and will also answer to Katla 49 or 4katla9.

That doesn’t make sense . You had to have logged back in as myvt9v4crh and not katla49
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 49min 13sec, 3.07ap, 110elev, 96ahr, 118mhr, 6.11mi= 605c
    Strava app= 705c
    Walk home to gym- 10.49min, .53mi= 53c
    Strava app= 65c
    Rowing machine- 20min, 35aw, 101ahr, 140mhr, 2785meters= 129c
    Treadmill jog- 9.52min, 5.6-7.5speed, 126ahr, 169mhr, 9.52min mi, 1mi= 121c
    Walk gym to home- 11.24min, .57mi= 54c
    Strava app= 71c

Total cal 962