Options

Replies

• 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    39flavours wrote: »
    clprieur wrote: »

2/27 218.5 (-1.5) Today is beginning of 28 day protien challenge which for me is 52 per meal which is making me anxious. This is not going to be easy but I have 28 days to get it right. I am starting with increasing dinner and tonight it is pressure cooker ham and beans. My recipe makes 8 servings at 13g protein each. Even at 2 servings I don't reach 52 lol. I am doing something wrong. Meh...day 1. 27 to go lol. 2 rebounder sessions done as well as pacing while helping momma with her first ever cell phone. What made my sister think momma could figure out an iPhone at 80?!? Did another rebounder as fitbit decided I didn't do two. Spent most the afternoon raking and blowing leaves to reach my step goal. I did over 9000. I will be sore tomorrow.

@GirlOnTheRebound 52 grams per meal?! Wow! I can barely reach 60-90 per day!! HAH! Let us know how it goes! :)

I agree, it's so hard to get enough protein while staying within calories. Today I've had eggs, protein pancake, protein shake, packet of ham, mini cheeses, milk and a protein bar and I'm still only on 96 grams for the day. I'd love to know how others manage to get high protein levels

@39flavours my goodness thats a lot of food lol. Then one needs vegetables and carbs and.....whew. I would like to know too. I am going to purchase protein drinks this weekend for starters.

Not really? That lot came to 854 calories but then I didn't eat much carbs at all yesterday. Protein shakes definitely help but they do taste a bit bleurgh!
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @GirlOnTheRebound - I sent you a message/friend request! I have no idea why your protein goal is so high. I do 1500 calories per day and have my protein set for 20% which equals 75 grams per day. But I know others set their macros higher...

I am 1580 calories at 30% 30% and 40%. The 40% is protien. That 156g. Might need to tinker with values lol.
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

2/27 218.5 (-1.5) Today is beginning of 28 day protien challenge which for me is 52 per meal which is making me anxious. This is not going to be easy but I have 28 days to get it right. I am starting with increasing dinner and tonight it is pressure cooker ham and beans. My recipe makes 8 servings at 13g protein each. Even at 2 servings I don't reach 52 lol. I am doing something wrong. Meh...day 1. 27 to go lol. 2 rebounder sessions done as well as pacing while helping momma with her first ever cell phone. What made my sister think momma could figure out an iPhone at 80?!? Did another rebounder as fitbit decided I didn't do two. Spent most the afternoon raking and blowing leaves to reach my step goal. I did over 9000. I will be sore tomorrow.

@GirlOnTheRebound 52 grams per meal?! Wow! I can barely reach 60-90 per day!! HAH! Let us know how it goes! :)

@clprieur ...I could be reading it wrong but MFP says I should have 156g protien per day. That's 52g per meal. Please tell me I am wrong lol. I barely reach the 40s....sigh

@GirlOnTheRebound I agree that 52 grams per meal seems high. Based on some research that I've done, I upped my protein intake goal to spread it out over the day, so 25g per meal, plus at least 5g fiber, and then a 7g protein snack with at least 2g fiber. I'm also trying to get in at least 3 servings of dairy a day and 3-4 servings of fruit/veggies. Needless to say I eat a lot of low-fat cottage cheese, usually mixed with blueberries or a pear or some other kind of fresh fruit. I LOVE cottage cheese with fresh blueberries.

You may just want to check in with your doctor about the right amount of protein. The 52g per meal may be fine but I remembered reading something about too much protein not being good and found this research, which states within it that "Extra protein is not used efficiently by the body and may impose a metabolic burden on the bones, kidneys, and liver. Moreover, high-protein/high-meat diets may also be associated with increased risk for coronary heart disease due to intakes of saturated fat and cholesterol or even cancer."
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I see lots of downward trends! Congrats!