WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2023

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,389 Member
    edited March 2023
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Question has any one here used apple cider vinegar to help with a healthier digestive system?? It also is supposed to help with weight loss.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fitness/a48500/apple-cider-vinegar-benefits/

Machka sorry to hear about your husband’s meltdown. He is lucky to have you!

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

I use ACV daily. I put a splash in my English cucumbers, with a small splash of soy sauce and Everything seasoning. It seems to help process the food better. Then I have a hearty splash with Fresca. I know it helps in digestion, as I can't remember the last time I took Tums. I'm not gurgling at night either. Course my eating window is 12 to 4 pm, so by the time I go to bed I am pretty much empty. Between using the ACV daily and also fixing myself a mug of golden milk, I am feeling better these days.👍🏻💖. Golden milk is just warmed milk with a tsp of turmeric, powdered ginger, and cinnamon. I love it!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Barbara Oregon Coastie
    Carmine is on Kyles insurance, but I could see if he could go on Husky,but it is income based and they make to much.
    I don't know..will see what I can find out .
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited March 2023
    ❤️

Katla in Illinois
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 929 Member
    Hi Ladies,

You always have great recommendations. Do any of you have a good solution to post-nasal drip? It's really annoying me.

Thanks.

Tina in CA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,267 Member
    :)

Tina ~ My nose constantly runs all day long (probably all the pollen). I have no addvice for you. Need some myself.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,434 Member
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,311 Member
    I really want to get that xstitch for Jess done so Vince and I took a short walk last night. Normally, I would have taken a longer walk, but I wanted to get back to work on this.

Now making a pork tenderloin for this week and then the freezer

There’s a problem at the bank and some people haven’t received their check.

Allie – Tracey has a wonderful cleaning person. Do you think she’d share him? Lol Does Carmine still have that friend (I remember he was so good). For the life of me, I just can’t remember his name.

Debbie – I can’t even begin to fathom getting my leg amputated, much less someone at Destiny’s age. Prayers for her and her family. Destiny is such a trooper I have no doubt in my mind that she’ll be running circles around us in no time

Like M I can get up from a chair with no hands but getting up from the floor I usually use at least one hand

Viv – happy belated birthday to you

Soup kitchen tomorrow. There seems to be a problem with our bank and people not getting their checks that we send via online payment. So tomorrow the guy who is going to do the excavation work for us is coming here after the soup kitchen to be sure we’re on the same page as far as what we want done and also to pick up the deposit.

Rosemarie – “cat house”. Thanks for the smile. That was the first thing I thought of

katla – I love the ebooks. I am so glad I have a library card here and in FL

Wish I knew what we were doing for Easter. I know that I have to lector. But if Jess is oncall, we will probably go up there. Or will she come here, which means I need to make a menu and do food shopping

Michele NC
    who is going to continue to work on the xstitch
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Rosemarie--I would enjoy hearing all about your volunteering. I would be in so much trouble is I tried working at the pet rescue. I would want to bring them all home.
    Heather--So glad you made it home ok, sounds scary to me. I do so enjoy seeing your paintings. I think they are very good.
    Terri--Prayers for all to go well and you to be up and around soon.
    Machka--Prayers and hope you get some rest this weekend.
    Kylia--Glad you made it home ok. Hope you get answers at the doctor.
    Well I have worked in the healthcare system for over 36 years and still surprises me. Our friend that came in last week with a stroke and heart attack was going to be sent home today. I talked to social work and anyone who would listen. She is not able to go home as she lives alone. She can not use her left arm and she is left handed, she can not walk even with a walker without falling to the left. They had talked about sending her to the rehab floor for a couple weeks and because she doesn't have insurance and has medicaid pending they said they would have to send her home. Well after I made several phone calls they came and told me she is going to rehab. They were under the impression she is my sister. What a bunch of ****. She needs the rehab and it should not matter who she is related to. I keep telling myself the important thing is she is going to get rehab. Thanks for listening to my rant.
    Still having a lot of joint pain and I do believe most of it is because the weather can not make up it's mind. 40's yesterday and 70's today.
    Take care my dear friends. Blessings, VICKI, GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

It is so great that you are able to speak up for your friend and actually have them listen to you.
    That is a true blessing for her. I am sure she really appreciates it. Rehab is where she needs to be, for sure
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

You always have great recommendations. Do any of you have a good solution to post-nasal drip? It's really annoying me.

Thanks.

Tina in CA

Garlic pills
  • pipcd34
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 56min 59sec, 54elev, 3.03ap, 80ahr, 110mhr, 6.05mi= 598c
    Strava app= 741c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 35.22min, 341elev, 117aw, 17.6amph, 28gear, 108ahr, 123mhr, 10.35mi= 222c
    Strava app= 237c
    Zwift stats- 35.23min, 342elev, 117aw, 54arpm, 17.64amph, 10.4mi= 238c
    Other-

Total cal 950
  • grandmallie
    I can't for the life of me remember his name but alas i think they had a falling out ahhh Tobias was his name
    He moved but not far, still in town .. how they can cope with all the cruel stuff that goes on and the hormones and all is beyond me.
    He is usually ready and waiting to go to school when I come in and I always say good morning and I get the eye glare.. not a morning person.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    Display was very successful. Lots of good comments. Mostly packed and ready for my unplanned ‘vacation’. 😝

Intentions for March:
    🔹Maintain weight < 140 (I have managed to stay at the lower end off the 140s)
    🔹Continue with Solid Habit development

Intentions for today:
    📍Solid habits✔️
    📍general chores✔️
    📍Grocery shopping ✔️
    📍art display at Monthly meeting ✔️
    📍Prep for hospital ✔️

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

March Action for Happiness:
    1. Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. I intend to live with awareness and kindness
    2. Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world.Trees silhouetted against the sky; the appearance of snowdrops in spring; the sound of waves breaking on the shore.
    3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive. I meditate on this each morning when I wake up, and am grateful for each new opportunity to have a good day.
    4. Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words. Positive affirmations are very powerful. Be kind to yourself, always.
    5. Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them. We chatted with our girls about other family members, and raised a glass to them.
    6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels. I will do this tomorrow (7th)
    7. Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day.Resisting the temptation to plan my day. Serendipity reigns today.
    8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and email of your food. ✔️
    9. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others. I’m a great advocate of deep breathing, and find this works well.
    10. Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face.I wasn’t looking forward to going outside this morning as we had snow overnight and it seemed very cold. However, the sun shone in a clear blue sky, and the wind had dropped right down again, and I spent time with my eyes closed feeling the heat on my face before I went into the centre for Latin Study.
    11. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee. Always! Gives me calm thinking time.
    12. Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying. When I tried to do this with DH this morning, he got distracted by a discussion on What the Papers Say on TV. 😝 However, we often have in-depth discussions, usually over lunc and dinner.
    13. Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes today. The sun was valiantly trying to break through rain clouds just after sunrise, but the forecast is for heavy showers, but I’m watching the blue patches in hope that it clears up.
    14. Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do.Doing the task isn’t the problem 😝 It’s getting started that’s difficult. I sometimes put on my favourite music, or listen to a podcast.
    15. Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly. Having coffee after putting away the week’s groceries. There is pink blossom on my prunus purpurea, magnolia buds are beginning to colour up, tulips and daffodils in the containers outside the window are beginning to bloom. There are lots of little birds flitting about in the trees. Spring is doing its best to banish the winter cold. This is a regular joy in my life.
    16. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity. I am preparing some paintings for a display of my Monday Painters work
    17. Look around and spot three thing you find unusual or pleasant.Today it is more like autumn tha spring. There is a thick sea mist. My usual view of countryside is reduced to about 500 yards. Everything looks damp and grey.
    18. If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down. Took things slow and easy today. Planning to do the same tomorrow as it’s Mother’s Day in UK.
    19. Appreciate nature around you wherever you are. My writing desk has a lovely view of the countryside beyond houses. And there are lots of bird life flying about amongst the trees in the neighbouring gardens..
    20. Focus on what makes you and others happy today. My writing, and my art always makes me happy, and sharing it with like-minded people makes them happy. That means that today was filled with focusing on what makes myself and others happy.
    21. Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else. ’Love Affair’ - Rainbow Valley. (NOW! That’s 60’s)Hubby came home and disturbed me 😝
    22. Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult. My prep for the art display next week is going well. Most members have already given pieces for display.
    23. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them. I am fully in the moment, relaxing, and contemplating what I will have for breakfast, and how I will spend my day. DH has gone out for the day so I am free as a bird so to speak. (My natural bent is positivity. I choose to be happy in the moment. I acknowledge all my feelings, but on the rare occasions when I feel down, I choose to count my blessings, put in some music and dance.)
    24. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do. I am grateful for all the pleasure I get from working with my hands at my art and crafts.
    25 Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted. Positive thoughts are so uplifting
    26. Choose to spend less times looking at screens today. Not easy, but I will refrain from being distracted, and succumbing to any unnecessary scrolling. Machka: Not much hope of getting into the garden here as it looks like the rain has settled in for the day.
    27. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today. I am planning to distribute as many smiles as I can today.
    28. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible. I have rests regularly. But I also get up and walk around often. When I’m tired I fall asleep easily.
    29. Choose a different route today and see what you notice. Not going out today.
    30. Mentally scan your body and notice what you are feeling. I am feeling relaxed and drowsy. I’m already in bed and about to switch off 😝
    31. Discover the joy in the simple things of life.

• pipcd34
    Hello, I believe this is you that I received a mailed check donation??? If it was, I got it today, thanks sooooo much!!!!!!! I’m now up to $315!!!!!
    By the way, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your handwriting, mind sucks BIG time

Pip - well l did mail you a check, but my handwriting is AWFUL!!! :D

Way to go on the fundraising! Maybe you'll outdo last year <3:p

Lanette B)

If that is your bad handwriting, I would hate to see what it looks like when you try! I doubt I will beat my last years effort, it was over 1600.00. Thanks again
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,288 Member
    <3
  • grandmallie
    edited March 2023
    wzew53cbla4i.jpg
    Lets see if i can get some decent sleep tonight.
    Daddy pushing Miles on the dump truck I got him at the consignment shop yesterday, gosh he loves that thing
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    :)
  • pipcd34