WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Annie in Delaware—I am impressed with your exercise routine. Good for you! 👍🏻

I love to walk outside in good weather and inside when weather isn’t good I have access to a stationary bike.

Katla
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,254 Member
    Options
    Tracey - Thanks so much for following me on Instagram <3 and all the other people on here who do. Really appreciated. Don't forget to like the posts. It really helps the algorithm to reach more people. Have you looked at ralphtyndalldesigns? I say that because I know you've got various machines and printers, and I think his stuff would really suit your way of working. :)

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,726 Member
    Options
    Well woke up at 2 am will hip and thigh pain.. took a couple of tylenol..i have an appointment in June with my Dr and will have her refer me to someone who knows about Psoriatic Arthritis..Ive been reading up on that.. and I show alot of the symptoms..
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,500 Member
    Options
    9. What values are important to you? Find ways to use them today. Be kind to the disliked phlebotomist. :{
    Joe’s back from a day in Medford with good news from the eye Dr.-pressure holding steady at 15. He also spent time and $$ at Barnes and Noble, buying me many Mothers’ day gifts. I smiled and thanked, really appreciate the thought but now [ugh] have 4 more books and magazines to purge ;{
    Weather was fine, 60 and not too windy so got in some time chopping and moving brush around the powerline meadow. Pooches lazed in the shade and watched.
    Tracey :love: that rainbow and Michaela’s comment. Sorry to hear your oven’s on the fritz. Glad Rodger is being so supportive. Life is too short for you to suffer such stress.
    Barbie, and Katla, yours about gratitude. Cheerful and more pleasant to be around ;)
    Lisa Egg with a snooze button made me snort my water. LOL! We all have those goober pride moments. Forgive yourself, ok?
    Debbie is there any hope your Mom can evict that roommate?
    Heather good on you for planning how to manage your diminished resources. Delegate as much as you can then find a way to delegate a little more. Invest your energy in healing and rest rest rest. ((gentle hugs considerate of your poor ribs))
    Annie yes you can! See I knew you could!
    Vickie like hearing about your motorcycle group rides.
    Lanette I love my egg cooker, cooks perfectly for devilled eggs, and use the “shake-two-in-a-glass-of-water” hack for easy peeling. Sounds good, might make some tomorrow.
    Allie :love: the pic of the boys working on the yard together ;) ((gentle hugs)) for the hip and thigh pain.

Annual fasting blood test tomorrow morning to time to snooze…
    05/08: Move: sets 2 PT w/x&a, dogs to powerline, Jeopardy walking. steps:8123 so far
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 14 avocado, beets, black bean/lime soup, maple syrup, oats, peanut brittle, pecans, radishes, raisins, romaine, scallions, soy breakfast patties, walnuts, wheat-cookies. CI=1392 CO=354
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, bake cookies men love, roast bacon, two loads laundry, groom Shadow and Tumble, AF. Wt:134.0

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. May: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,929 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    What your toes can tell about your potential and your self-image
    https://medium.com/@LesleyMcLennan/what-your-toes-can-tell-about-your-potential-and-your-self-image-eab1b61a3de7

“The human individual lives usually far within his limits; he possesses powers of various sorts which he habitually fails to use.”

08oxnhikeaz3.png

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Good Tuesday!
    Woke up at 4 with anxiety going crazy, so catching up with you all! Tried last night but kept falling asleep. oops.
    Last week I worked lots! Felt good to be caught up with paperwork for a couple of days. I didn't do any work on the weekend after left work on Saturday. "Should" have been doing that this morning, but oh well. Got hanging baskets and some flowers on Saturday hung and planted. Went to dinner with DH, then hung out with friends at their picnic table. Sunday morning woke up to storms and the power out. Moved plants to catch the rain. Went to a car show with our 2008 Shelby GT. On the way there realized that part of the door panel had come unglued. Ended up sticking a piece of duct tape in it to kind of hold it in place. The good part of that is we have time to fix it before the Shelby show on the 20th. There were over 700 cars at the show on Sunday in spite of the weather. We got a Top 25 in Modern class award! I was over the top excited!!!! Got home and spent time with friends on their back porch. It really was a great weekend.
    Yesterday, SIL tells me we really need to get someone in to help at counter/sales. Really??? She cares? Oh, because it is inconvenient for her when we are off. Whatever.....she and DH ran off the really great help we had and ignored when I wanted GD to come work there. This came about because DH and I are leaving early one Saturday in June and taking off another. I figure not my circus, not my monkeys, but I am sure that is part of the anxiety today. She keeps thinking that Steve is so helpful. It would help if she knew the job better. Anyway.....I made a suggestion that we switch up hours. Maybe open earlier one day a week and stay open later another day a week, then close on the the weekends. Customers will adapt! You just have to give them notice. They adapted to us not being open until 6 during the week. Yes, hiring someone else would be awesome, but I don't see that happening. Pay too low, no one wants to work 6 days a week, and either she or I would still need to be there for a while. I think hour change is the best solution. It beats closing the doors for good and gives everyone time to recoup and enjoy life.

DH will be at home this afternoon as the Culligan water softener guy is coming to put in new softener today. This will make my DH very happy! He hates hard water! SIL will bring him home I am sure.

Clothes.....I am a winter. I love deep colors. I prefer dresses, but wear jeans all week to work. Most of my work shirts are deep colors. I love heels and cowboy boots, but preference is barefoot (not acceptable at work ;)) I own a couple of black leggings but rarely wear them as I don't really have any shirts to cover the lady parts. I am not into tennis shoes, but do like simple white ones (think Keds). I wear dresses when not at work most of summer.

Healing thoughts for both physical and mental healing!
    Love to all for your sharing and caring!
    I love the diversity of the experiences and yet the sameness as well! It reminds me that we aren't alone.

I need to take care of some stuffs before work.

Love to all!
    Kylia in Ohio
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Barbie,

You made me chuckle when you posted: "I may be more entertaining to drone on and on about all the inequalities and suffering but it only drags me down.”

Entertaining droning - a new concept for me! Still pondering the idea.

I do love the way your mind works.

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Kylia,

After decades of being open 8am-10pm, during Covid my old employer switched to 8am-8pm. So much more humane - we would sometimes still be working at midnight on the old schedule, but now people are usually on their way home by 9pm. It was a very good move for the employees, and the clientele adjusted quite well.

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,057 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Katla and Barbara thank you for the encouragement!

Ginny you are right, I am lucky to have the time to exercise at low intensity, which is what my body needs. For so long, as a working mother, I barely had time to get essentials done. But now in retirement I have plenty of time.

Heather yes how frustrating.

I am going to stop the PT for sciatica and cancel my doctor's appointment. My shooting pain is pretty much gone, which is a great thing. I can add some of their exercises to my routine myself. I don't think they had the right diagnosis to begin with. I suspect my pinched nerve is in my knee, not my back. Anyhow, I'm done with all that.

I'm going to wash my sheets and read my book today. And do the bike and dumbbells later. It is supposed to rain.

Annie in Delaware
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,940 Member
    Options
    :)Annie, I agree. You and I are so fortunate to have the time to do the low intensity exercise. My day is so simple that I can walk for two hours or more, ride my exercise bike for two hours or more, spend time pulling weeds, and still have time left over.

<3Heather It is so challenging for those of us who are high energy, busy people to slow down and heal. I wish you the best.

:)Vicki, I applaud your charitable efforts. Helping others is up there with gratitude as a way to feel better.

:)Kylia, You sure have a busy life. I thought mine was busy before I retired, but yours is over the top.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,726 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Believe me I would love to have more energy..
    More stamina..
    When I went to PT they said I had bursitis in my hips.
    Well the more I read about PA ,the more it sounds like my symptoms..Im guessing my GP will send me to a Rheumatologist..we shall see..