WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,012 Member
    Options
    Haven't tracked my meals this week but have tracked my exercise and have done extra almost every day. Was hoping for 15,000 steps today with my walk at the wetlands. Got there a little earlier plus a little gardening before that and then my friend asked me to meet her at the park and we walked for a bit.
    Ending today at just over 23,000 steps tonight. Three days over 21K and one over 16. Two days only 6,000 steps. Walking with my other friend tomorrow and will be working in my garden-want to finish planting the rest of it.
    Dh will be gone all day and son will be working so have the house to myself. Looking forward to it.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Joy1580vb wrote: »
    It is so smoky here today. There is an uncontrolled fire within 1 km of the town of Fox Creek which is west of Edmonton. It’s about 340 km from where I am. Not sure if that is contributing to the smoke we are seeing and smelling but it probably is. The closest uncontrolled fire is north of us about 200 km and is quite large.

My thoughts are with all the evacuated people and all the firefighters. We are getting much needed help from across Canada along with some from the US. The last stats I read said there are 93 fires in our province with 24 being uncontrolled.

I hope everyone stays safe and we get much needed rain.

Joy

I lived for quite a few years up in the Grande Prairie area and have friends up there.

I've been kind of following it on FB. It's not good.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I'm working back in the building where I worked for 8 years, back with the little group people who put together a stair climbing challenge, and almost as soon as I started work here again, we put the stair climbing challenge together again. :)

At the beginning of March, my husband and I went on a little holiday in the northern part of the island, and it was my birthday ... and I put on weight.

Between eating a bit less and climbing stairs, I've lost 2.2 kg since mid-March. :) That's just shy of 5 lbs.

This past week, I climbed up 97 flights of 20 stairs, plus landings, and jogged down 97 flights of stairs as well.

Machka in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Carol--Seems no one wants to stay at a job very long anymore. The one that just left had been here 2 years last month. Grass always looks greener somewhere else. I know they pay well here and the work is not hard, just stressful at times.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

In recent years, but especially since 2020, it's been all about the work-life balance ... and less stress.

Last year, I did a 6-month fixed-term position in a stressful area of health. I am glad I did it. I learned lots and made some good contacts, but I also determined that I was not suited to a work environment like that. The stressfulness of the work affected my whole life and to me, my life when I'm not working is just as important or more important than the 8-ish hours I spend in the office.

There are more people who feel that way since 2020.

M in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    Options
    Barbara - LOVE the photos. <3 What a gorgeous bride you were. :o<3 Your mum and dad look fun!

Kate UK - Is that you? How are you? <3

I've been sleeping like it's the end of time. Slept well the night before. Slept for hours yesterday afternoon and had a long night last night. Very unusual for me. Now DH is home for the weekend, I hope my spirits will rise. Depression, which I had severely for much of my life, feels a lot like tiredness to me, so I've been determined to give in to my body's wisdom. I am feeling pretty normal today. :D
    I haven't written since my accident, and I've only had two art sessions. When DH is away, it takes me back to harder times of deep misery. Sometimes I feel it is beneficial to revisit my feelings as a way of grounding my more 'up' moments, when I can get a bit insufferable.

Looking forward to seeing Rori next week. :D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Barbara - LOVE the photos. <3 What a gorgeous bride you were. :o<3 Your mum and dad look fun!

Kate UK - Is that you? How are you? <3

I've been sleeping like it's the end of time. Slept well the night before. Slept for hours yesterday afternoon and had a long night last night. Very unusual for me. Now DH is home for the weekend, I hope my spirits will rise. Depression, which I had severely for much of my life, feels a lot like tiredness to me, so I've been determined to give in to my body's wisdom. I am feeling pretty normal today. :D
    I haven't written since my accident, and I've only had two art sessions. When DH is away, it takes me back to harder times of deep misery. Sometimes I feel it is beneficial to revisit my feelings as a way of grounding my more 'up' moments, when I can get a bit insufferable.

Looking forward to seeing Rori next week. :D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

You also didn't rest much when you were first injured ... your body is probably demanding that rest now.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Saturday

Walked: 5.18 km on the treadmill in 55:32 minutes at a pace of 10:43 /km

Rowed: 2,423 m in 16:13 minutes

And did a bit of work in the garden.

a0n46t9i67ew.png

hyqg73rwflci.png

Machka in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I dyed my roots this morning, in honour of Rori's visit. :p It will last me through the cruise. I will have a trim before we go.
    It was quite fun figuring out how to do it one-handed, but I managed it ok.

While I was waiting for the colour to take, I could hear DH talking to his younger daughter on the phone. It sounded as if there was some problem with her job, so I will go downstairs in a minute and find out. I was listening to Dr Chatterjee 's interview with Gabor Mate. V good, I thought.

Lovely day here.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Rori sounds spectacular, so glad your having a great time..
    Ughh Oh me moses these allergies are kicking my butt,will see what i can find..maybe buy a stronger dose of the flonase.
    txv4fqw0soi7.jpg
    Miles doing an early morning clean up after mow,he and daddy did the yard last night ,now he is down for a nap.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Teri - Sounds like you're healing well, glad for you!

Heather - You do more with one hand in a cast than most people do with both working hands. Glad you're healing up well, too. Learning to sleep for eight hours or more has been probably the healthiest thing I've done since my retirement. Cheers to your visit with Rori, hope it's wonderful for you both.

Rori - Looks like enormous fun... glad you're having good weather!

Kate UK - Good to see you pop in! How have you been?

Rebecca - Love the photos of you and Lee and Athena. Looks like you're enjoying yourself.

Barbara AHMOD - Love the wedding photos and the doggie snaps. I've seen that pic of your parents before... they look like they would be such fun to know.

Carla - Hope you're feeling better!

Allie - Love the picture of you, the glasses are so sparkly! Always love the pics of Miles, and I hope the addition of Seth as tutor for Carmine is one that's beneficial. It sounds like a great compromise.

Food prices for a couple of things where I actually remember the price.
    • Eggs here have dropped back to $1.70 a dozen, but they were at $0.98 a dozen before the pandemic. Saw them get as high as $5.98 during the worst of it.
    • Raw honey was about $7.00 for 32 ounces before the pandemic, and it's about $8.00 now.
    • Boneless, skinless chicken thighs, which are a staple for us, were right at $0.99 a pound pre-pandemic, and now they're $2.84 a pound or higher.
    • Then there's Pillsbury boxed cake mixes, which are back to $1.00, so exactly the same.
    Everything is starting to drop back toward pre-pandemic prices, but many are still higher, some of them quite a bit higher.

Another cool, lovely morning. The weather weasels got almost nothing right in the last few days for when or if would rain, but we got quite a bit of lovely, soaking rain regardless. I hope we can hold onto the occasional rain this summer; last summer was just a furnace blast of heat and drought.

Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options