Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    <3
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Heather

—I am delighted that you and Rori will meet soon. Give her a hug from me when you get the chance. She is special and you are, too. (((HUGS for you both)))

Katla in Illinois
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Lisa “… honestly the first thing I've ever eaten where I'll actually eat a whole piece of tomato- . . . “ :noway:
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif

Barbara, you tomato lovers always get your knickers in a knot-- B) If it helps, it's fresh tomatoes I hate, or ones that are not cooked completely down. The snot inside the little wagon wheels when it's sliced, and the overall texture of the red part, both the skin and the meat of it, all gross me out. I'm just barely capable of eating a cherry tomato, as long as you don't show me the inside!

I actually love the taste of tomatoes, but I do tend to move any uncooked pieces to the side of the bowl or plate, whether I'm eating chile or other meat sauces. I do not say this makes sense, it's just part and parcel of my issues with food textures. I also love the taste of onion, but biting into a piece of onion in food makes me urk. Raisins too. I'll eat them raw, but hate them in cookies.

More than anyone ever wanted to know...
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,407 Member
    Options
    Betsy - amazing how these service departments back off - or at least explain themselves better when dealing with a guy. Like you, if a problem is developing, my first clue is to look for leaking fluids -antifreeze or oil - under the car where its parked in ther garage.

Mary - following your renter story. Hope you can get rid of her with the least hassle. I think around here, some folks use property management services to do all of the lease negotiation and enforcement/repairs. I'm sure the property management service takes part of the rent paid but for busy or absent owners, it's probably worth it.

I have a little piece of vacant land I drive by now and then to make sure squatters haven't erected tents, and have friends who own forest land close by me - a squatter has taken up residence there with tent, garbage, and has been making fires - possibly making drugs - bottles of strange liquid sitting around. Come drought season around here in a couple months, it's a big fire hazard. They were going to call the sheriff's department to have it checked out. It's always something. :(

I hear of renters who get hours cut back and can't make the rent or are living from check to check, sometimes through no fault of their own. Same for families who now have to live in their cars or pitch a tent. I know they aren't all druggies, ex cons or bums. Every situation is different. I always think - there but for the grace of God go I. Very grateful I haven't had to deal with that situation. Came close once or twice.

Tracey - glad to hear you are getting your storage shed. Is the smoke situation getting better?

Joy - good you had a little rain and better air quality. Seems it takes a while for these fires to burn themselves out even with adequate rainfall.

Heather - very excited for your meeting up with Rori!! Crossing fingers she'll be traveling between Seattle and Portland on I-5 one of these days and I can meet her. :p

Vicki - Gosh your hospital employer is at great risk with the alarm monitoring and employee shortage. What if you are the only one there and need, let's say, emergency gall bladder surgery or something? Do they expect to wheel you from the recovery room to your workstation if you are the only one left there? Bad planning on their part. Very good of you being dedicated and having an outstanding work ethic to cover. I had dispatchers that loved the overtime and would work open shifts, but then there was at least one or two of them willing to stay over or come in early so as to not put their team members in a bind.

I watched a Dhru Purohit clip this morning with Dr. Robert Lustig about calories, how the GI tract processes calories from fiber-containing foods, protein, and carbs differently. Lustig explained if a person eats almonds, for example, part of the calories in them won't be absorbed by our body for energy, but instead will go to nourish the gut bacteria.

Going to be warmer with sunshine, I hope, this afternoon. Need to catch up on outside stuff.

Have a wonderful day!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,526 Member
    Options
    Lisa “… honestly the first thing I've ever eaten where I'll actually eat a whole piece of tomato- . . . “ :noway:

Barbara, you tomato lovers always get your knickers in a knot-- B) If it helps, it's fresh tomatoes I hate, or ones that are not cooked completely down. The snot inside the little wagon wheels when it's sliced, and the overall texture of the red part, both the skin and the meat of it, all gross me out. I'm just barely capable of eating a cherry tomato, as long as you don't show me the inside!

I actually love the taste of tomatoes, but I do tend to move any uncooked pieces to the side of the bowl or plate, whether I'm eating chile or other meat sauces. I do not say this makes sense, it's just part and parcel of my issues with food textures. I also love the taste of onion, but biting into a piece of onion in food makes me urk. Raisins too. I'll eat them raw, but hate them in cookies.

More than anyone ever wanted to know...

The snot in between the wagon wheels! Priceless!😂😂😂😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    we were talking about okra yesterday and this picture popped up in my memories on Facebook-
    ajm4gbcuw90q.png

No holiday meal is complete without a jar of these opened up and enjoyed!

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

Exactly Mary. So now not only is it lost income, it's lost POTENTIAL income and renovation for what she's cost you. Aside from what it would cost you to take her to court, I'd love it if you could get rid of her, but I would worry about what kind of retaliation she might try to take too. I've heard other horror stories like Debbie's.

Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN

I wish my mom would give her room mate an eviction letter. The lady is not going to go on her own- over a year of free rent. Rooms for rent are going for around $1000 a month and she has given mom $150 I think in total to go towards the propaine because she kept turning the heater up.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    I sent a package to my middle sister, (before I sent to see son and family). She has yet to acknowledge if she received it, even though I have asked if she got it before my trip and now this week. It was photos that were her families, that my eldest sister had, and I had, plus fun stickers and stuff for her grandkids. Its so frustrating because its probably upstairs which she avoids like the plague. I spent money to mail it, and the least she could do is ask her daughter upstairs. Or say thank you to me. Gaaw! Its simple respect which she seems to have none of. I had sent another package on the same day to a pen pal and she's said thank you. Even sent me a thank you card for gosh sakes.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I have had the same problem with different ones. My niece is the worst so now I don't send anything. I am never asking for anything in return but a simple Thank you, we got the package would be nice.
    My former brother in law is usually like that but I told him- hey, if I don't hear from you to let me know you got it and a simple thanks, next time you may not get anything
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,407 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

I wish my mom would give her room mate an eviction letter. The lady is not going to go on her own- over a year of free rent. Rooms for rent are going for around $1000 a month and she has given mom $150 I think in total to go towards the propaine because she kept turning the heater up.

Debbie - why did your mom get a room mate? I'm sure you said but I've forgotten. Was she lonely? Did she need "care" in that this person would help her around the house? Was she counting on the money?

I guess that's another reason why I'd be hesitant to bring someone else into my home unless it's a super close relative I know and trust like my sis or brother.

Lanette

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Rori and Heather....Two beautiful ladies!

Pip ~ Can't help! All I tend to drink is Chardonay. LOL

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Rori and Heather....Two beautiful ladies!

Pip ~ Can't help! All I tend to drink is Chardonay. LOL

Carol in GA

And I’m not a wine drinker
  • pipcd34
    Options
    22. Find a way to help a project or charity you care about. Council discussion on furnace replacement.
    23. Recall 3 things that you’ve done that you are proud of. Not putting Joe down, not giving up on Dixie, fire district and church council terms.
    Debbie for me no holiday table was complete without a dish of pickled watermelon rinds on the table, but okra? :noway: :laugh:
    Lanette “not able to have Word and Excel resident on the machines, everything is in the cloud at a price. Bugger that. I want to keep my stuff local.” Amen, sister, amen! :Love: your peace movement memories. Marched a few times myself, but then it was 1969 Berkeley . . .
    Annie, likewise I made too many poor choices Monday. Here’s to better choices today and beyond!
    Flea “…meeting a colleague for lunch and didn’t want to cancel... cleaned up well enough.” You are made of stern stuff! Bravissima. I’ve also been missing Kylial
    @kymarai thanks for mentioning her.
    Machka love your wedding story. . .except the food poisoning part. Thanks for the reassurance that we are able to store our files locally with Office 365. If we stop paying the subscription, how can we open them?
    Katla sorry to hear your bed makes your back hurt. Hope you can get a different one soon!
    Heather 300 words? Bravissima!
    Mary don’t know about the law in MN, but I wouldn’t want to continue to rent to a tenant who demonstrated disregard for the terms of her employment contract and lease.
    Pip Chispa is chic in her new vest. Does it help to keep her cool?
    Rita good advice about the written copies.
    Vicki the department will be empty if you collapse from overwork, just sayin’. Know you are in a tough place, out of your control, but please squeak squeak squeak to your management and document everything. Yours to Mary, in spades.
    Allie sounds like great opportunity for Myles.
    Rebecca that Athena is a real heart-melter.
    Ginny yours to Flea.
    Tracey “…today he built it for me…” Well done Rodger!
    Betsy hooray for husbands of friends with mechanic friends and the grit to confront the service manager. Hip hip hooray!
    Today I hope to get out into the yard before the wind kicks up. But if I don’t there’s always the chaos pile ;)
    05/22: Move: 2 sets PT w/d&a, Cape Sebastian + Buffington Park chilly strolls. steps:5251
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 11 =almonds, cashews, garbanzo beans, peanuts, pineapple, potato chips, radishes, romaine, tea-black/green, walnuts, wheat-biscotti/clif bar/cookies CI=1848! :[ CO=184
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, Tumble well pet, call CCEC re: high bill, call Spectrum re: new rate not on bill. Wt: 135.8 :[
    05/21: Move: 0 sets PT, dogs to powerline, steps:7187
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 7+9+8+6+1+4+2=37 apple, basil, beets, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, coconut, cranberries, cucumber, garbanzo beans, hummus, kombucha, maple syrup, oat bran, onion soup/dip, peanuts, pecans, pepperoncini, peppers sweet-orange/red/yellow, pickle, pineapple, pomegranate juice, potatoes-steak fries/chips, radishes, raisins, rice-brown, romaine, scallions, snap peas, snow peas, soy breakfast patty, tangerines, tea, walnuts, wheat-biscotti/bun/ramen/sourdough/cookies/rigatoni/thins. CI=1454 CO=467
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, fellowship prep, church, council meeting, laundry, AF. Wt: 135.8 :P

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    2023: Be of good cheer. May: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Yes, it’s soaked with cool water
  • pipcd34
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Thanks ladies for your input! She did not follow through and remove the debris. We sent her notice today that because of the issues we were having we would not be renewing her lease. We then talked to our old rental manager and he suggested that we offer her $500 to vacate by June 30th instead of trying to evict her. He said if we go that route it may take 2 to 3 months to get a court date. Most people that he has had trouble with jump at the $500 offer. We gave her 48 hours to let us know if she was going to accept this offer. One other bit of information that could help us is that according to our lease if she breaks or violates any of the terms after 10 days, we can give her a three day eviction notice. She has until this coming Sunday to remove lawn debris. Otherwise she is in violation of the terms of the lease. The only thing about that is I don’t know if I would still have to do it in court system.

💕 Mary from Minnesota/Arizona

Good luck
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 6min 16sec, 97elev, 2.83ap, 82ahr, 104mhr, 6.19mi= 619c
    Strava app = 758c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 35.50min, 194elev, 125aw, 20.4amph, 108ahr, 140mhr, 37gear 1st 5 miles, 32gear next 5 miles, 25gear next mile, 50 gear last mile, 12.17miles= 243c
    Strava app = 255c
    Zwift stats- 35.52min, 196elev, 124aw, 51arpm, 20.41amph, 12.2mi= 256c
    Walk to stores and back- 28.38min, 1.40mi= 142c
    Strava app= 172c

Total cal 1004
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

Debbie - why did your mom get a room mate? I'm sure you said but I've forgotten. Was she lonely? Did she need "care" in that this person would help her around the house? Was she counting on the money?

I guess that's another reason why I'd be hesitant to bring someone else into my home unless it's a super close relative I know and trust like my sis or brother.

Lanette

She got the roommate because she was a friend and the property she was care taker for was being sold after the owner was killed in a plane crash. It was supposed to be her staying in her trailer on the property but then wormed her way in to the house, taking over what was my room AND having her trailer(so there isn't really room if I wanted to get a small trailer to stay in while I am there)
    This lady did help mom before she moved in, taking her to the specialest for her knees which was further than mom felt comfortable driving herself. The lady offered and mom always paid for lunch on the way back and gave her gas money.
    Since she has moved in, there have been three times where mom had dr. appt that she could NOT drive herself from and the room mate had reasons not to, like when mom had surgery on her ear. The room mate said she wouldn't take her because it was too early, another appt(for colonoscopy)she had lunch plans or something. Dont remember what the other one was but mom had to find someone else to take her.

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for all of your wise thoughts and good wishes!! She took the $500 and will be out by noon on June 30th! We will pay her the $500 after the walk-through. We’re losing a lot of money, but the big headache is gone! The management companies up here where we live do not take on individual small properties like we have. I did have a property manager that was independent, and according to what I read, we were not doing things correctly. We would’ve had to pay him and had taxes Social Security and Medicare, taken out! We did claim his pay on our taxes, though!

Heather and Rori great picture of the two of you!! I hope you both have a lot of fun and make great memories together!

Debbie you should go to the courthouse and get the paperwork for your mom and fill it out. Maybe if she has it right there she will sign it! That might be the kickstart that she needs. You can also get the paperwork online.

💕 Mary from Minnesota/Arizona