WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    Options
    Does anyone here work with Power Query? I'm trying to pass a parameter from an Excel spreadsheet into a SQL query using Power Query and it's throwing up errors.

On another topic ... I'm being sent for a Bone Density Test. I had an X-ray and it looks like there is some bone loss. The radiologist who analysed the X-ray recommended a Bone Density Test.

Machka in Oz

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry, Allie, I know this all very hard on you, too. Grandmas shouldn't have to be in this space, which is definitely between a rock and a hard place. Love you, girlie. I think of you every day. Wish I had good answers.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I agree with you all,but im stuck in the middle..
    I love them all..and will help wherever needed but Carmine is so mad at the world that she won't even talk to me..every morning its a struggle to get her downstairs to get her to the bus stop ,
    And I try and just try and keep Miles calm because he feels all the tension which upsets Tracy even more..
    I can only hope they get into some type of family counseling soon...
    Im just the grandma watching all implode.

Just keep telling her you love her.
  • Machka9
    Options
    hp1c3omhzukn.png
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    (((Debbie)))

Church had a pet blessing yesterday. I took Drew to it. She found it overwhelming. I know because at one point she started shaking. I got her out of the crowd and walked around with her. A friend with her small dog joined me. She enjoyed that much more. We did leave early. I won't take her next year.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Update from Destiny's mom- they are looking at putting her on hospice care :(

Now that we have told Michelle and Travis I can let you guys know. Destiny will not be going home. Right now she has to get A blood transfusion every couple of days and the cancer is taking over.. we are looking into a place called George marks children house. Instead of keeping her in the hospital
    We made the choice not to tell her . We don’t want her to give up hope and we want her to be the Destiny we all know and love . And if we tell her she might just withdraw into herself and we do not want that.
    So if you guys come to visit try to stay upbeat and mindful of what is said.
    She does know she can’t go home until she is stable. And unless God grants us a miracle he will be taking her home to him soon. We don’t know when, it could be days weeks or even months. But she doesn’t have long.
    My other two will need all the support they can get so please be in prayer for them as well and if you see them around maybe give them a hug or two.

So, so sorry! That's just so sad. But continued prayers.

Machka in Oz

Just read this, I’m so sorry, sending out prayers for you
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    Margaret,
    My dad's church does a pet blessing every year and he always wants to take my little Teddy. I went once, and the animals were all uneasy to terrified. Too many bodies at once and no personal space, like a zoo with no cages and the animals two feet apart. I stayed on the fringe, and never went back.

I trimmed the long hair off Teddy's ears but I missed a lock. It looks like a little rat tail. He wiggles a lot and I'm scared the scissors will poke his eyes. His ears are so tiny now! But I got the mats out. Next I will tackle his little armpits.

My new laptop behaved well for my zoom last night. Yay! I was quite nervous about it. Now to decide what to do with the old one. I should reset it and wipe the hard drive clean, but that would mean destroying my book. I stopped working on my book over a year ago, and I don't think I will ever go back to it. But wiping it out is so final. I had about two chapters of a murder mystery.

Well, today I need to exercise, and maybe clean up my room a bit. And figure out dinner.

Have a great day ladies! And in the US, remember those who died in service to our country. And enjoy the holiday!

Annie in Delaware

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Kylia ~ So nice to see you! Yes, it sounds like you have a wonderful busy month. Thanks for the pics. Your front of house looks marvelous with all the pretty blooms

Carol in GA
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    I washed my windows outside today, DH bought an extension washing system. It was quick and easy. I washed all of the inside as well except the bedroom and craft room.

Tracey in Edmonton

Tracey - Can you post an Amazon picture or link for the extension washing system? I truly despise washing windows, and anything that makes it easier would make me happy. When son John still lived with us, he and Corey washed the outside windows and I did the insides, but that was at least three years ago and possibly four. I was seriously thinking about hiring someone to do it, I hate it so much.

Lisa in AR

Here it is. I just put vinegar and water in a bucket and went to it. I also hosed most of the windows first to get a layer of dust off. My outside windows hadn’t been done in too long to mention.

lx0cnouoekmg.png

Tracey

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    So sad about Destiny. I’ll keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

2023 Mindful May

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate all the people who died in war so we could be safe and free.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 1/15 100%,100%,80%,73%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 18/31 (84%,86%,94%,93%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1- 0/31 (93%)
    Arm weights twice a week 0/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%)
    Meditation: daily. 13/31 (82%(started Feb)94%,100%)

Feeling overwhelmed this month. Taking a break from the list above until I feel more in control. I am also having a bursitis/arthritis/tendinitis attach this month. Doctor prescribed something for me to try.

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 8/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 10818, 8171, 8856,8315, (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%—-9,559,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 3/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 64/208/ —(100%,100%,100%,50%should be 86 by June1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)40/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4 (100%,100%,100%,0%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 16/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 20/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——5/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 )(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200 (100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Do something kind for someone you really care about. I need to think about this and plot! I gave my son a gift card to Netflix. He needed something to make him smile.
    2. Focus on what you can do instead of what you can’t. I will try. Did this.
    3. Take a step toward an important goal no matter how small. I have to think about this. I did not buy beer today. Working on not enabling my DH.
    4. Send a friend a photo of a time you enjoyed together. DONE!
    5. Let someone know how much they mean to you and why. It’s my brother’s 59’th birthday today. Going to call him. We never really call each other.
    6. Look for people doing good and reasons to be cheerful. Will do! And found them all over all day!
    7. Make a list of what matters most to you and why. Did this in my journal.
    8. Set yourself a kindness mission and help others today. Do this every day
    9. What values are important to you? Find ways to use them today. Will try.
    10. Be grateful for the little things, even in difficult times. It is hard right now but trying.
    11. Look around for things that give you a sense of awe and wonder. There is plenty here at the park. Wondering how a cave could turn into a lake.
    12. Listen to a favorite pieces of music and remember what it means to you. I will try to remember to do this. Did not have time.
    13. Find out about the values or traditions of another country. Sounds like fun! I looked up Canada and specialty Quebec where my family originated.
    14. Get outside and notice the beauty in nature. I love doing this!
    15. Do something to contribute to your local community. Helped a homeless man today.
    16. Show your gratitude to people who are helping to make things better. Will watch for this. Did this to school group’s surprise visit to the park.
    17. Find a way to make what you do today meaningful. I try every day by helping people find campsites in emergencies.
    18. Send a hand written note to someone you care about. To be completed. Did not finish.
    19. Reflect on what makes you feel valued and purposeful. Did a grateful meditation on the Balance app this morning which helped me do this.
    20. Share 3 photos of things you find meaningful or memorable.
    21. Look up at the sky and remember we are a part of something bigger. For sure! I walked the dog at 3AM and looked up at the vast night sky. I was able to see the Milky Way and billions of stars. Awesome view.
    22. Find a way to help a project or charity you care about. To be reviewed
    23. Recall 3 things that you’ve done that you are proud of.
    24. Make choices that have a positive impact on others today.
    25. Ask someone else what matters most to them and why. Will try to remember. I asked my daughter this.
    26. Remember an event in your life that was really meaningful. I have, a bad one, but a good one right behind it!
    27. Focus on how your actions make a difference to others. This happened yesterday when a camper experienced a medical emergency. I was there to help and comfort the wife and assist with the husband.
    28. Do something special and revisit in your mind tonight. Called my mom and considered the conversation.
    29. Today do something to care for the natural world. I watered my plants. Does that count? [spoiler
    30. Share a quote you find inspiring to give others a boost.
    31. Find three reasons to be hopeful about the future.[/spoiler]
    RVRita in NM
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    I am on page 33, but skipped to 69 to catch up a little more....
    Allie You have to stay strong for you. It is so hard to let our children be adults. I have one that is appreciative for little things and one that just doesn't show appreciation at all! It is frustrating. I did provide childcare for the first grand for two years. My youngest daughter worked nights and her DH was in the Navy on a carrier. Every few weeks I would say time out and she would make arrangements with friends. She was easy and I was younger! I couldn't do it now.
    Destiny Prayers continue. She has put up a long, hard fight.

Work really is calling my name, but now so is window washing! LOL!

<3
    Kylia
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Hi All.

I've just been reading along and trying to keep up. Admittedly, I'm doing terribly.

Debbie, So sorry about Destiny. How heartbreaking.

Kelly, Hugs

Allie-You are in a terrible situation. I have no advice. I do know several girls who were sexually abused as children. I don't know Carmine's situation and it may not be that at all, but it very well could be bullying or some other type of abuse. I agree that psychological pain is so much harder to deal with and it sticks around. Hopefully the family will find help soon.

Tracey-I'm glad you are getting a break for work. That's a tough situation. I've been there and quitting was the best thing I did for myself. Take care of you.

Thoughts and hugs to others that need them.

Tina in CA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    To the Ladies in Canada. We are considering a trip to Calgary and Banff. Any recommendations for what areas of the city (near Scotiabank Saddledome preferably) are nice to stay for tourism? Also, any resort recommendations in/near Banff? We will probably stay 4-5 days in Banff and a couple in the city.

Thank you!

Tina in CA about to go east where there is hopefully some much-desired and needed sunshine.