WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Im still here after a load of laundry,and got dressed and did my pills for the week.
    But lordy being at that picnic yesterday sent my nose and head into fits.. im sneezing and all.stuffed up..I guess I could take a benadryl, but not really supposed to take much of that..and there is a breeze blowing..I could go outside but would have to wear a mask.
    Very tired today..
    Kylia- so great to see you we have missed you...
    An adorable pic of Destiny im praying for a peaceful transition for her..I wonder if there is any make a wish thing she would want.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Tracey!
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I washed my windows outside today, DH bought an extension washing system. It was quick and easy. I washed all of the inside as well except the bedroom and craft room.

Tracey in Edmonton

Tracey - Can you post an Amazon picture or link for the extension washing system? I truly despise washing windows, and anything that makes it easier would make me happy. When son John still lived with us, he and Corey washed the outside windows and I did the insides, but that was at least three years ago and possibly four. I was seriously thinking about hiring someone to do it, I hate it so much.

Lisa in AR

Here it is. I just put vinegar and water in a bucket and went to it. I also hosed most of the windows first to get a layer of dust off. My outside windows hadn’t been done in too long to mention.

lx0cnouoekmg.png

Tracey

Thanks for posting this Tracey. Having a hard time washing my windows from the outside trying to balance on a ladder. This is exactly what I have been looking for. Just ordered it.

Joy
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I told you we decided to sell our house. We were in a rent to own contract with our tenant. She has first option. She will get close to $8000 toward her down payment. My question for everyone here is that we made the contract with her only. Last year her dad made the comment to my husband that if she couldn’t buy it, he would buy it on a VA loan. Since we don’t have a contract with him, he would not legally get the $8000 towards his down payment. Or, what would you do? Remember, this whole family has been extremely mean and rude to especially me. My husband thinks that we should give him something off. I think it’s karma catching up with them if she can’t get it on her own.

💕 Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,127 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    So sad to hear about Destiny. Praying for a miracle.

Hugs and prayers to those who need them.

My Fitbit AltaHR bit the dust mid morning I have replaced it with an Inspire 3. It was dead easy to set up wirelessly.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 3min 46sec, 89elev, 2.98ap, 81ahr, 103mhr, 6.20mi= 610c
    Strava app = 759c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 1hr 6min 22sec, 140aw, 892elev, 18.6amph, 116ahr, 137mhr, 20.53mi= 465c
    Strava app= 534c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 6min 23sec, 895elev, 140aw, 59arpm, 20.5mi= 535c

Total cal 1075
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    So sorry for Destiny and her family. Praying that they approach this situation with wisdom and as much grace as possible. I cannot imagine.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Margaret,
    My dad's church does a pet blessing every year and he always wants to take my little Teddy. I went once, and the animals were all uneasy to terrified. Too many bodies at once and no personal space, like a zoo with no cages and the animals two feet apart. I stayed on the fringe, and never went back.

I trimmed the long hair off Teddy's ears but I missed a lock. It looks like a little rat tail. He wiggles a lot and I'm scared the scissors will poke his eyes. His ears are so tiny now! But I got the mats out. Next I will tackle his little armpits.

My new laptop behaved well for my zoom last night. Yay! I was quite nervous about it. Now to decide what to do with the old one. I should reset it and wipe the hard drive clean, but that would mean destroying my book. I stopped working on my book over a year ago, and I don't think I will ever go back to it. But wiping it out is so final. I had about two chapters of a murder mystery.

Well, today I need to exercise, and maybe clean up my room a bit. And figure out dinner.

Have a great day ladies! And in the US, remember those who died in service to our country. And enjoy the holiday!

Annie in Delaware

Can't you back up your old laptop onto a portable hard drive?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Kim - So glad you're back to being Kim, and I know you are too. I know your recovery isn't complete, but I'm glad you're able to begin.
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Kim I am so happy that you are able to rest. I hope you’ll find time to recover as the days go by. ❤️. (((Hugs)))

Katla
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Kim- so glad you can get back to being you xoxo
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Kim-glad you are on the other side. I think it is excellent the way you are examining what was learned/gained from the experience. Even in the bad we can find good. Concentrate on you now.
    Machka-no ideas on power queries. They do sound rather interesting though. I mainly deal with straight money/financials/budget.
    Kylia-you have been having some fun! Was thinking I would have to head over that way and track you down but given no last name, business name, street, nope-won't happen! Plus not overly familiar with Bellbrook.
    Tina-sometmes keeping up on this is tough! Don't beat yourself up over it.
    Mary-I think your deal was with the tenant-not the family. Do you think you will have trouble selling it to someone else?
    Annie-why not save book to flash drive and copy it over on new lap top? Do Windows computers let you deal with cloud? You could save it there also. But for sure no reason to lose the book,

Not much new here. Fairly productive long weekend. Had good visit at SIL cookout yesterday-mainly visiting with nephew who I love dearly. Unfortunately he is a drinker and it has a real hold on him. He is aware of it and doesn't cover it up. Great guy-just sick. But we had some laughs together he remained pretty coherent.

Off to get ready for bed. Short weeks at work always mean busy.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    My DH commented on two things today. He appreciated that you all were talking about window washing which put the thought into my head (even if it was procrastination from work paperwork). The second was that I felt "motivated" to actually do it!!!! He assisted by cleaning the screens and moving some furniture out of the way. Then he did 3 of the windows while I was at massage. I am happy tonight.

This may seem like not much for most, but for me, it is monumental! In the past month I have maintained a routine of face washing and moisturizing both day and night. I did this by finding a makeup that I like and using it most days. I have dusted and vacuumed the house. I stripped, washed, made up, re stripped and re-washed the linens on the beds that my brother and his friend slept in. I am not putting back on until we have guests again. Just made with the comforters. My windows and screens are clean for the first time in two years (usually done twice a year). I may not have things "perfect" but I feel pretty good today. You have all been my backbone even though I wasn't checking in as I should. I knew you were there!

Kim I have read to be specific in requests in times of trauma, illness, and or grief. I need to get better at that! Congratulations on completing that leg of your life's journey.

Much love,
    Kylia feeling content in Ohio
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Ginny You would have and are welcome to check in anytime! Last name Wilson, Work is Centerville Gravely in Centerville right off of 675 and rt 48. That is where I am most of the time. We do live outside of Bellbrook in the country. Funny...my DH asked why my FB page has so many names on it. My response was that I have friends and family that have known me through each name change so Kylia Givens Jordan Wilson it is. It makes finding me easier. ;) I also understand about short weeks being busier, yet I haven't prepped for that yet- oh well.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Off to take my walk, but first want to be sure that it will continue to be cloudy. Weather.com says that it will

Happy Memorial Day to everyone in the US

This is absolutely ridiculous. Memorial day and we have the heat on. Stupid. Can’t wait to get in my pool. Watch that it turns hot really, really fast.

Made more of the fudge for Vince.

Allie – my heart goes out to you. You are doing as much as you can (and probably should) do.

Carla – happy anniversary

Kylia – lovely house you have. Thanks for the pics, you and hubby look great. I, too, have one child who doesn’t show appreciation at all. Doesn’t even check her mailbox to be able to tell me if she got a gift from us or not (I won’t mail any more). Now Jess calls almost every day.

Speaking of Make a Wish, Newcomers is collecting gift certificates for them. I gave them a gift certificate to – guess where – yup, BK.

Kim – how wonderful!!!!

Off to watch some TV then take a shower.

Michele NC