WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Tracey - Well done for looking for a therapist. <3 Will you be able to get one through the health service? The waiting list here is huge.
    Do you journal? That can be a huge help. My friend L found writing letters to her dead partner very helpful. You can also doodle how you feel. I remember, from what you have shared on here, that you had a hugely difficult childhood/adolescence. Try writing to your grandmother and telling her all about it. Get out your Cricut and express yourself. Make a mental map with it, like Machka 's mindmaps. It's always better out than in. Just write one word today. Just one.
    A crisis like you are going through can be the gateway to a whole new understanding. It will come. Don't rush it. Rest. Rest. Rest. Your body knows best.
    Very, very, best wishes. <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx (who is very happy not to be going up to London) :p

My mind maps?
  • Machka9
    Well its been a day lets just say that..
    Miles slept for 3 hrs this morning poor little guy..
    When Tracy got home she was a wreck and almost in tears.. Mental illness runs in my ex husbands family,my ex mother in law was bi polar,Rich is bi polar and poor Carmine,is either Psychotic or Schizophrenic at this point she has been cutting herself and writting death threats on everyone.. so they need to get her into some type of place like Pronto.. pay a little at a time if you have to.. but for her life and yours it has to be done.

Oh dear, it was the 3rd choice ... the one I was hoping it wasn't.

Carmine is severely depressed.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/self-injury/symptoms-causes/syc-20350950

As someone said, the negative attention she is getting is better (to her) than no attention at all, with all the attention going to Miles.

I still think it would be good to get Miles into childcare so that attention can go to Carmine and so that Miles is in a better atmosphere.

But it's not up to me.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    Machka- I was thinking of something like your hobbies graphic arrangement.

I decided today to not write this morning, because I had a long list of things I wanted and needed to do, which was uppermost in my brain and bothering me. :D So, out I went to return an Amazon parcel at the post office, go to two different pharmacies, buy frozen dim sum from the Asian shop, visit the posh bakery for focaccia, the mini supermarket for milk and prawns, (and I bought salmon fillets) and then drag my trolley bag home. Knackering! But it's done.
    We are thinking of the things we need for the cruise, and gathering toiletries and medicines together. I've bought anti-midge spray! DH is going on a couple of hikes, so he might need it. Plus we sre well loaded up with seasickness tablets now. :p
    I wouldn't have written if I had been going up to London, so I feel OK about it. This afternoon, I'm going to varnish my geranium coaster and perhaps try another dancer.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    edited May 2023
    Machka- I was thinking of something like your hobbies graphic arrangement.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Ah ... the Word Clouds ...

Sports I have done or would like to try:

e3uc2ebl6llz.png
    https://wordart.com/create

I plonk words into the site above, play with some settings ... and voilà! :)

Exercise Minutes in May

xzuu92uxpdmy.png

That includes cycling, walking, jogging, climbing stairs, rowing, weights and gardening.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Last day of May
    Last day of Autumn

Tomorrow is the first day of Winter. And the weather appears to be putting on a wintery show for the occasion.

I had to try on pants this evening to find a pair of long pants I can wear!

This week at work has been good ... coding, learning PowerQuery, figuring stuff out.
    And climbing stairs!

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    31. Find three reasons to be hopeful about the future. Surprised at how difficult this is, but my god daughter is doing a good job raising her kids. They are smart, funny and pleasant to be around… for awhile :naughty:
    Checking Friday’s Freddie receipt noticed no $10 discount for spending $40+ on P&G products, nor $1 off each for “buy 5 and save.” Disgusted I fired off a complaint using their contact form. To my surprise, delight (and a little shame), got an email today with a $20 credit to my loyalty card. It pays to double check, but it would have been better if I’d been kinder… ;{
    Welcome @dcresider! Yes! Tomorrow evening Barbiecat will post the link to the June thread. Look forward to seeing you there.
    Machka, Terri and Rita, thanks for the memes, I needed to see them today.
    Heather, no doubt your first post-accident run was scary . . . but you did it anyway. Bravissima!
    Rebecca when Athena is a famous comic we’ll all be able to say we saw her when…
    Lanette your super sports bra bumpy mowing made me laugh out loud.
    Beth maybe you just need a break for a few days. June’s fresh start is just around the corner.
    Katla walks with friend and DH? Lovely!
    Pip hahaha :naughty: Primary Care Provider.
    Allie Carmine’s mental health just took priority over childcare. Please keep us posted. Praying Tracy can get Carmine into a safe place where they can get help N O W.
    Vicki “…giving up control is not easy” truth this!
    Lisa yours to Flea, especially about her precious energy.
    Flea your niece had an affair with your first husband? Not someone you need in your life or your head! ((hugs))
    05/30: Move: 2 sets PT w/d, dogs to powerline, fern whacking, line dancing. steps:6588
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 11+5=acv, almonds, apple, artichoke, avocado, beans-chili, grapefruit, macadamia nuts, maraschino cherry, peanuts, pecans, pepperoncini, peppers-sweet/yellow, romaine, tea-black, wheat-Snap’d crackers/tortilla/sourdough. CI=1503 CO=631
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, arterial ultrasounds. Wt:134.7

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. May: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Lolol, I knew that’s what you meant. I liked mine better
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    edited May 2023
    Lanette please please please make sure you put reserve amount on those items! I have to caution you about online auction sales groups. My husband and I brought all of our furnishings and collections over to the online auction group in our town. They boasted about how much money they made for this person and that person. Well, when we got back we got like 100 some odd dollars for what we considered at least $10,000 worth of belongings. I would’ve rather given them away. They weren’t concerned about me making money only about getting rid of my items and they ended up with more money than I did. If you are going to go with them, make sure you put a reserve price on it. Then if it doesn’t sell for that amount you get it back

💕 Mary from Minnesota/Arizona.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,385 Member
    Flea hugs! Family can be so frustrating!
    I picture the stresses in my thoughts as boxes. Sometimes you have to take the stress out, maybe repack it better, or lesson some of it to fit properly. Sometimes we can get rid of the box completely when that specific stress is no longer there. But I always put them back, so I can freely walk around my thoughts, without tripping over these stress boxes. Like my youngest son has a frickin trunk. With stickers all over it, where he's been. I don't dwell on it, its pretty and adds character in my mind. (that's how I look at things anyways).
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member

did an hour of the KettleWorx cardio DVD then went for my walk. Then to Aldi. See, with the new phones we have a new shopping list. This one Vince can add something to. The other one I had only I could add to it. So I wanted to get the things on the list so that I could delete it. Then went to Food Lion. I tell you, you have to be careful at that store. Last time I was there they didn’t give me the sale price on these hamburgers. Admitted, it’s only $1, but still…..

Today they had Pepsi on sale, BOGO with a limit of 8 free. So I asked for a raincheck. The guy wrote down that the quantity was 8. So I said “shouldn’t it say 8 offers?” That’s when he changed the quantity to 16 which is what it should have been. This happened to me once before. Bought a bit of fruit. Yes, it would have been cheaper at Aldi. However, by buying this fruit, I got $3 off my next order. Barbara, I check receipts, too

Thank you all for you comments about the angelfish. The first one is the larger of the two. I have them side-by-side. Vince thinks I should have done 4 coats of paint for the orange. Probably so. But the sample didn’t show it streaking

Mary – I agree with you, this IS a great group to be part of. You can vent and no one judges you. They only give advice, sometimes because of personal experience.

On that note: we’re supposed to go to a friend's house (Steve) this weekend. He’s the person who stops by here on his was to/from FL. Every year he has a “picnic”. Yes, it’s about a 9hr drive. But to me, what’s the big deal. On our way home we usually stop to see Denise, Pete and PJ (one of the times I get to see him) for a day. We go to Steve’s on Fri, the picnic is Sat., we leave there Sun and spend the day with Denise, leave for home Mon. That’s the plan.

Well, yesterday, Vince said to me that he’s not looking forward to this weekend. When I asked him “why” he said about the long drive. I just told him to take my car and I would drive part of the way. I texted Denise twice that we would be there, no response. I texted Pete. Vince texted Denise. Still no response. So I told him that if she’s not there, we’ll just leave things for her and PJ in the garage. Fortunately, I have the code to get in.

Carla – HUG

Just placed an order for low sodium chicken stuffing at Amazon. The only store I can get it in is Food Lion and they haven’t had it in a really long time. Amazon is something like 5 cents more, but I’ll have it. When I used my points, it actually wound up being free

Lanette – regarding dh’s drums, guitars etc. Have you ever thought of putting them up on Craigslist? Donating sounds good

Which reminds me, I should go to the Salvation Army to make a donation.

Michele NC